That Nerd

My JongKey Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter
Kibum met him through a wrong number, not knowing that this stranger will become his boyfriend. Then again, this is probably the best mistake he ever done.

That Nerd

writtenby: bluefloral

***

Kibum slipped one of the books he was holding at one of the book shelves in the Geometry Section of the school's library. He is fond in reading and always stays in the library during his break in school, even the librarian already knows him and sometimes asks for assistance when she have other things to tend to.

He was about to return to his usual table in the library when his phone vibrated on his side pocket, signalling him of a new message.

 

A smile immediately formed on his lips when he saw who the sender was.

 

From: Jjong

To: Kibummie

Hey babe, what are you doing now? ㅎㅅㅎ

 

He walked back to his table before replying:

 

From: Kibummie

To: Jjong

Reading. Why? 'ㅂ'*

 

Kibum met, though not personally, this Jonghyun five months ago. He met him through a wrong number he accidentally messaged. Just like one of those cliche K-Dramas Kibum like to watch, they became friends after that. It may sound stupid but Kibum felt an immediate attraction for the other boy two months later because of his bubbly messages and humor.  That scared him because never in his life he experienced his heart beating erratically by just a simple 'Good Morning ^^' when he wakes up or the nickname the other gave him one month later which is 'Bummie.' He also found out that they go to the same prefecture Kibum goes to in his third year in High School though the other is in his fourth one.

 

Kibum don't know if he should jump in joy or bit his lip in nervousness when the other asked to be his boyfriend. He don't even know the guy's family name for Pete's sake!  All he knows is that his name is Jonghyun and that he goes to the same school Kibum enters.

 

He tried asking the other if was he sure of what he was doing which the latter replied: 'I tried asking that myself and I came up with one thing. I want to be your boyfriend and that's final Kibum.'

He said yes that day and now they're on for two months now. It's hard to have this kind of relationship especially when you only knew each other's first name yet Kibum is happy with the way they are. That is until he read the next reply.

 

From: Jjong

To: Kibummie

Nothing... I wish I could see you. ㅠㅠ

 

Ever since last week, Jonghyun was constantly asking Kibum to meet personally yet the latter objected and reasoned out that he's not ready. He knows it's unfair for Jonghyun yet he can't help it. What if Jonghyun saw that Kibum is not good enough for him because he wears these thick black framed glasses and this plain braces that were placed in his teeth? He can't afford to lose Jonghyun just because of his awful appearance.

 

From: Kibummie

To: Jjong

2 weeks . just give me 2 weeks then we can meet until then.

 

***

 

'2 weeks.' Kim Jonghyun thought while looking at the reply of his boyfriend. A grin finding its way onto his face as he read the message again. He can't help but grin like an idiot and hastily replied 'really? thank you babe~ :*'

 

Jonghyun's grin didn't go unnoticed by his team mates on the Soccer Team, especially his best friend and their captain, Minho.

 

"If you're father is not one of the board directors, I would really suggest for you to go to a mental facility, hyung." Minho commented while zipping his bag. They just finished practicing and now they're on one of the  school's locker room.

 

"We'll be meeting in 2 weeks." Jonghyun stated with a smile, holding out his two fingers for emphasis.

 

"Good for you.." Minho rolled his eyes but nonetheless smiles, "This Kibum really made you head over heels, huh?" he mumbled to himself while watching his hyung smile, probably  texting this Kibum he keeps on hearing.

 

"Come on, hyung. We'll be late for the third period." Minho called out, opening the locker room's door.

 

"Coming!" Jonghyun said while grabbing his duffel bag, stuffing his phone back into his side pocket.

 

***

 

"Mr. Kim, can you please bring this to the librarian and tell her that the director wants to speak with her?" Jonghyun's homeroom teacher asked to the brunette who is busy tapping his phone while the class started to pile out for their last period.

 

"Sure, Ms. Shin." The brunette smiled while taking the stack of papers gestured by the middle-aged woman.

 

"Thank you." Jonghyun  smiled in response before leaving the room. Before making his way to the library, he stopped at the school's locker and decided to put his belongings he didn't need for the last period.

 

However, when he opened his locker, a mass of white paper envelopes flew out from the inside. Jonghyun sighing at the 'love letters' he received every day.

 

"I see your fan girls have been busy." Jonghyun turned his head to the side and saw his classmate Jinki shaking his head.

 

Jonghyun scowled while starting to pick up those small envelopes. Sometimes, he just hated being the so-called 'Campus Heartthrob'. It means having girls following you  everywhere or having your locker being a damp site with these useless papers.

 

"Geez, I hope they stop this already. I already have a boyfriend who I love dearly, thank you very much." Jonghyun muttered while closing his locker with a thud, throwing the love letters to their everyday destination; the garbage bin.

 

"Speaking of boyfriend, how is you're relationship with this Kibum you keep on blabbing about?" Jinki inquired while following Jonghyun on the way to the library. The two of them not noticing the gasp that came from the other corridor.

 

"We're fine. We'll be meeting up next week." Jonghyun replied, turning into a corridor.

 

"You could just use the school data base you know, then search Kibum on the list." His classmate  suggested which made Jonghyun frown.

 

"I'm not doing that. Besides, there's probably many Kibum on the list. I'm not going to be a stalker to all of them. I just want my Bummie." Jonghyun pouted while entering the library.

 

Jinki smiled and shook his head. "If that's what you want. I'll just go to the Physics section. Wait for me here."

 

Jonghyun walked towards the librarian and told her what his teacher said, handing her the stack of papers.

 

"Thank you. I'll be there in a moment." The lady behind the desk smiled and took a  pile of books, walking to a certain table while Jonghyun took his time in strolling the library, waiting for Jinki.

 

***

 

"Hey Kibum-ah, can you place these books back? The director just want to speak with me." The librarian asked towards the blond who was reading at his usual table.

 

"Sure, noona." Kibum smiled while closing the book he was reading.

 

The librarian muttered her thanks before making her way towards the director's office.

 

Kibum stood up and took the pile of books, placing them back onto their proper places. He was about to go to the English Section of the library when he collided with something, or someone to be exact.

 

"Ouch." Kibum muttered while rubbing his . That was pretty painful.

 

"Oh God, I'm so sorry." He heard a deep voice said while the said guy was busy picking up the books Kibum was carrying earlier.

 

He slowly sat up while looking for something on the floor. Once he found what he was looking for, he immediately put his glasses on.

 

He shut his mouth and tried to not let his jaw drop when he saw who he just bump into.

 

"Are you alright?" He heard the other ask yet he didn't reply right away.

 

'Oh My God. I just bump into Kim Jonghyun. The Kim Jonghyun.' Kibum mentally exclaimed.

 

You can't blame him. It's not everyday you saw the school heartthrob on such a close proximity.

 

"I'm s-sorry. It's my fault n-not looking to w-where I was going." Kibum stuttered because, honestly, he felt intimated with those brown orbs and sharp jawline while he on the other hand was plainly boring with these huge glasses on.

 

"It's okay. It's partially my fault. Here.." Jonghyun said while handing out the  three books Kibum dropped earlier.

 

"T-Thanks." Kibum muttered quickly before dashing away from the puzzled brunette.

 

'Cute...' Jonghyun thought fondly before shrugging. 'But my Bummie is cuter..'

 

"Let's go?" Jinki questioned Jonghyun when he spotted him at the end of the bookshelve's corridor, the latter nodding in response.

 

***

 

Jonghyun found himself in the library the next day, looking for a specific English Textbook for homework purposes. He was about to grab the s

Please log in to read the full chapter