When Top 1 Loves Top 2

My JongKey Oneshots
Please log in to read the full chapter
It is when top 1 student Kim Jonghyun is inlove with top 2 student Kim Kibum.

WHEN TOP 1 LOVES TOP 2

written by: bluefloral

***

 

Second Grade – Elementary

 

Kim Kibum sat at one of the little arm chairs in the rainbow colored classroom. He is the top one of his class last year and he swore that it will be that way again this year and to the succeeding years until he graduates in High School. He turned to stare at the window when their teacher is not yet in. He curiously peeked down and he saw a car rolled to a stop at the school grounds before a boy just his age went out of the car, being bowed by some teaching personnel. Feline eyes’ stared at the boy in confusion.

‘Is he that important?’ he thought questioningly since his mother always told him to bow down for important persons or elderly.  A few minutes later their teacher came in with the said boy and Kibum faced her as she announced something.

“Okay class, we have a new student, please introduce yourself.” The teacher said and turned to the said boy.

“Hello, I’m Kim Jonghyun, pleased to be your acquaintance.” He bowed and smile in front of the class.

“Okay class, Jonghyun here is the son of the school chairman, so be good to him okay?”

Chorus of ‘okay’s were heard and a certain little diva rolled his eyes, ‘fake’.

Jonghyun stared at his new classmates and his eyes spotted a pale skin boy with feline eyes and pink lips. ‘Cute…’ his mind thought and he blush in embarrassment when the said boy raised his eyebrow at him.

‘I wonder what’s his name..’ he mentally questioned and followed the teacher’s instructions when she said he’ll be sitting at the front.

“Okay, so as I’ve said yesterday, you’ll be answering the questions in your page 4 modules of what we learned yesterday…” The teacher said and some groans are heard from the class.

“But Teacher…” Lee Jinki, the clumsy friend of Kibum, pouted, he forgot to study the lessons the night before.

“No buts, you all agreed to it yesterday so you are all going to answer it. Now, get your modules…” Their teacher said and sat at the teacher’s table.

Students began to take out their modules and Jonghyun roamed his eyes around the class. All of them have one, including the cute boy earlier. He raised his hand to get the teacher’s attention.

“But Teacher, I don’t have any module…” Jonghyun informed her.

“It’s fine Jonghyun, you’re new here so it’s not necessary that you should be answering some of the test given right away…” His teacher smiled.

“But can I at least try to answer it?” He pouted; puppy eyes in high level.

“O-okay..” His teacher gave up and gave him the module, Jonghyun  immediately turning it to page 4.

After half an hour, Kibum stood up and passed the module to the teacher who smiled at Kibum. They were given one hour to answer it and it only takes for Kibum half an hour to finish it.

“Congratulations Kibum, you’re the second one to pass…” His teacher smiled.

“Who’s the first one Miss?” Kibum asked his teacher since this is the first time that someone finished something earlier than him.

“Oh, it’s Jonghyun…” his teacher smiled and Kibum turned to the new student who is laughing at something Jinki is saying.

His right eye twitched, ‘there’s always a first time for everything…’ he thought and sat at his chair while puffing his cheeks, glaring at the window.

Jonghyun turned to the cute boy and found him glaring holes at the glass windows.

“Jinki, what’s his name?” Jonghyun asked his seatmate who is busy answering his module.

Jinki turned to the person Jonghyun is referring to and answered, “Oh, that’s Kibum. The top one of our class..”

Jonghyun tilted his head to the side. The Kibum boy was busy glaring at the poor window, cheeks puffed in... annoyance?

Jonghyun stood up and walked to the cute boy, ignoring the hammering of his heart in his chest.

"Hello..."

Kibum diverted his attention from the window to the boy who’s calling his attention.

 "What?" Kibum snapped. He is still annoyed that he’s not the first one to finished, as low as it sounds.

“I just want us to be friends…” Jonghyun pouted at Kibum’s tone.

“Go and be friends with anyone, I don’t like you…” Kibum said and turned his attention to the window again.

Feeling dejected, Jonghyun walked back to his seat and took one last glance at Kibum before smiling at Jinki who is also done with his module.

Jonghyun didn’t know why but his chest suddenly hurt after Kibum said that. He should ask his mother about this later, his chest is feeling weird every time he watch or speak with Kibum.

‘What is this weird feeling anyway?’ Little Jonghyun thought.

The next day…

“So class, I have now the results of your test yesterday and only one got a perfect score…” the teacher announce and Kibum smiled. He’s the one who got the perfect score.

“.. and it is really surprising since he’s new here…”

Wait… what?

“.. yes, everyone, Jonghyun got the perfect score from yesterday’s test.” The teacher happily announced and some of Kibum’s classmates clapped their hands.

Kibum bit his lip, annoyed.

‘That’s it! This means war!’

 

Second Year – Middle School

 

Kibum lazily walked in the school’s corridor with a paper in hand and he stopped at the school’s bulletin board when he saw the students are crowding up on it.

“Come on, they already posted the results from the last exams!” A girl told her friend, running to the bulletin board.

Kibum’s eyes widened, they already post it?!

‘Oh my gosh, I need to see it!’ he thought and ran to the small crowd.

“2A…2A…2A… where are you?” he kept muttering while finding his class’ list.

 ‘Found it!’ He smiled but it didn’t settle for long though…

“KIIIM JOOONNGHYUUN!!!” he screamed and Jonghyun, who is in the 3rd floor, smiled at his reaction.

Students just shrugged it off, pretending that Kibum didn’t scream like a maniac a few minutes ago. Everyone got used to it since elementary. Those two always battle in everything about school so it’s not new to them, being Jonghyun as top 1 is included.

The school bell rang and the students began walking back to their respected classes.

 

Kibum crumpled the paper he was holding and glared at the window, a habit he had since he transferred to this school.

‘Of all the schools in Seoul, why is he here?!’ he irritatingly thought.

‘Oh! Of course, he’d be here. They own the freaking school for Pete’s sake!’ His conscience mockingly answered.

“So… I see I’m top 1 again…” Kim Stupid Jonghyun said while smirking.

Kibum glared at the window more. Ever since Kim Jonghyun transferred to this school, he excelled in everything. And when Kibum said everything, it’s everything. That dog (Kibum thought he looks like a dog that resemble a dinosaur) topped everything, academics and even in sports. He is also a golden voiced dino! (Which Key is jealous of.) To top it all, that dinosaur is always mocking Kibum about him being top 1. As if Kibum let him! He study their lessons until his eyes hurt from reading yet Joghyun still score higher than him during tests or exams.

Kibum glared at him.

“I’m not asking you.” He snapped and turned to the window again. Jonghyun bitterly smiled.

‘He still doesn’t like me huh?’  he thought while leaning his face closer to Kibum.

Kibum turned his head, thinking that Jonghyun went back to his seat. To his shock, Jonghyun’s face was millimeters away from him.

He felt his heart race, this is the first time he saw Jonghyun on such a short proximity. Is Jonghyun always this handsome? Wait… what?! Kibum feel his face blush in embarrassment.

“W-What a-are you d-doing, you d-dog…?!” He said while pushing Jonghyun slightly.

“Nothing, I just want to stare at you.” Jonghyun winked and Kibum felt his heart race even more. What the hell is happening to him?

“Staring is rude you jerk!” Kibum replied, face still red.

Jonghyun smiled, heart racing inside. He discovered the day he transferred to this school that he found the love of his life, as cliché as it sounds but yup. He fall in love at first sight, and that someone is Kim Kibum. He wants the others’ attention and this is his way of doing it. By being top of the class so Kibum would notice him. This didn’t mean that they have a good relationship though; they always debate whenever, wherever.

“It’s okay as long as I’m watching you.” Jonghyun cheekily replied.

“Just go away you dino!” Key said and throw the paper he was crumpling up to Jonghyun who only laughed and returned to his seat beside Jinki who is smiling knowingly at him.

The teacher came in and students began to return to their designated seats.

"So, as I’ve said yesterday, were going to pair you for your upcoming project. I have now the listed pairs in my hand and the names that I will call will be the said partners, understand?” Their teacher said and everyone nodded.

“Nam Woohyun and Lee Donghae…”

“Lee Dahae and Kang Minhyuk …”

As the teacher was blabbering about the listed pairs, Kibum closed his eyes while mentally praying that he will not be paired up with a certain puppy.

“Kim Kibum and…”

Kibum opened his eyes and stared at the teacher.

“…Kim Jonghyun”

Whines are heard all over the room, mostly girls, saying that Kibum and Jonghyun are geniuses so they don’t have to be partnered with each other but the teacher shushed them and said that she wanted the two to work together for once.

After announcing all the pairs, the teacher explained the project they will be working and bid goodbye after.

Jonghyun walked to Kibum’s table and sat beside the fuming male.

“Of all the people I’ll be working on yet I’m stuck with you…” Kibum muttered and buried his face in the table.

“Don’t worry; I won’t bite you, unless you let me.” Jonghyun winked and Kibum hit his head with a roll of paper, face red.

‘What the heck is this dino doing and why the heck is my heart racing?’

Lunch break….

“What’s wrong hyung?” Temin asked as Kibum sat angrily at their usual table in the cafeteria, slamming the tray at the table.

“I’m second in my class, again…” Kibum sighed as he put his hands to his face.

“You’re always second, aren’t you used to it by now?”  Taemin asked while taking a sip on his banana milk.

Kibum glared at him momentarily then sighed as if he’s carrying the world on his shoulders. “And to top it all…”

“What’s wrong?” Taemin asked, confused.

“We are partnered for our upcoming project…” Kibum pouted.

Taemin raised his brows. “I don’t know see any problem with that…’

‘Except for the fact that my heart is beating erratically when he’s always near…’ Kibum wanted to say but quickly got rid of the idea.

“Minnie!” The two pretty boys turned their head towards the source of the voice and Taemin smiled at his seat.

“Minho!’ Taemin called, waving at his boyfriend.

Minho kissed Taemin’s cheek before sitting at his side.

“Ugh… Will you please lessen your public display of affection? Ants are biting me here, mind you.” Kibum playfully scolded the two.

“Sorry hyung…” Minho chuckled before turning to his boyfriend.

“Wanna go to a movie house after school?” Minho asked and Taemin nodded while smiling.

Kibum smiled at them. He wish he have someone to share his time too. Suddenly, Jonghyun’s face flashed in his mind and Kibum’s eyes widened, heart beating unevenly.

What the hell is happening to him?!

~

Kibum adjusted the blanket that is hiding him from the wicked window and …

*another rumble*

… thunder.

Kibum don’t like thunders, scratch that, he loathed them.

Jonghyun and Kibum was supposed to do their project today since it’s Saturday and Kibum already asked about his parents if they can do it on Kibum’s house wh

Please log in to read the full chapter