-8-

12:25 [The Fall] {YOONSEOK FANFICTION} [SUPER SLOW UPDATES]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 8: The Search

The three boys made their way through the city, everything was a mess. Everything they once knew did not exist any more. It was something that no one expected, something that seemed so far away ahead, but not it hit them like a storm and slowly is taking everything aways from them. It was a sad sight, children wondered around trying to find their parents, while parents cried when they found out the sad news that maybe they had found their son or daughter within the dead. Hoseok considered himself extremely lucky, he had not lost anything he still had the most important person with him and the rest just did not matter to him.

As they continued to walk Yoongi made a stop and turned back to look at Hoseok. “Why are you coming with me?” He asked out of nowhere catching Hoseok off guard.

“A little late to ask don’t you think?” Hoseok said letting out a soft chuckle.

Yoongi making a face let Hoseok continue “Because I owe you my life and Taehyung’s, if it wasn't for you I don’t know if Taehyung and I would have survived.” Hoseok then looked at Taehyung. “He is the only one I have left, and you were the one who made me reason and have hope that he was alive. I owe you everything, that is why I am here with you, plus I promised your mom I would protect you.” Hoseok finished making Yoongi let out a sigh.

“I can take care of myself.” Yoongi said. “I’m not a baby.”

“Yeah, says the one who randomly faints.” Hoseok stated.

“That… Tsk.” Yoongi frowned. “Fine lets go.”

“Where?”

“Library, that is the best place to start the search.” Yoongi answered walking in the direction of the library.

While they walked Taehyung fidgeted with the backpack straps on Hoseok’s backpack. Taehyung was getting annoyed at seeing nothing and was starting to get a little grumpy making Hoseok stop. “What’s wrong Tae?” He asked looking down at the two year old who looked up at him with a grumpy face.

“Maybe he wants out?” Yoongi said standing next to them looking down at the two year old. Taehyung then started to wiggle in Hoseok’s arms and frowned before he started to cry startling Yoongi in the process. Yoongi was not good with kids, they were little creatures he did not want to be next to, they scared him more than his mother and the things he had recently seen. Why? Because they were extremely unpredictable and they were weird.

Backing away just a little Hoseok placed Taehyung down on the floor for just a little and the two year old went straight to Yoongi taking Yoongi from his legs hugging them tightly before he looked up at them. “I think he wants you to hold him.”

“What? Me?!” Yoongi asked wide eyed. “I-I can’t.” He stuttered.

Hoseok chuckled before he looked at Taehyung. “You want Yoongi to carry you?” He asked and Taehyung answered with a nod before he made gravy hands towards Yoongi. Yoongi looked down at Taehyung rather terrified making Hoseok smile.

“The first time I took him into my arms it was extremely terrifying.” Hoseok started to talk before he picked up Taehyung handing him to Yoongi “But after I held him for a while I just felt relaxed, and felt like the child was the best miracle that had ever happened to me. I felt like he was my own.” He admitted while Yoongi wrapped his arms gently around the two year old, who pressed his face against his chest smiling happily.

“I always felt like he wanted something that I could never bring him.” Hoseok said the two year old’s hair. “He needed the arms of his mother, something that I can’t give him.” Hoseok smiled sadly before he looked at Yoongi. “But I think maybe you can.”

“What is that suppose to mean?” Yoongi glared.

Hoseok smiled before he placed a hand gently over Yoongi’s head. “You have gentle hands, like a mother. The way you hold him is different to how I hold him, and I believe that, that was the warmth he wanted to feel, somewhat the warmth of a mother. You should be happy, not everyone gets to hold Taehyung like this,” Hoseok then paused. “No more like you are the only person he has let him hold apart from me. Taehyung is really particular towards who can hold him and whom he wants far away.”

Yoongi then looked down at the sleeping child. “I’m honored, Taehyung.” He whispered to him before he continued to walk. “Lets go, we need to find more clues to where the keys might be.” He said walking towards an old building that seemed to be in perfect conditions, except for the fact that half of it was missing.

“At least they left the door there.” Hoseok said before getting a weird look from Yoongi who climbed the stairs and went straight inside the library followed by Hoseok.

Inside nothing seemed touched, everything seemed to be just the way that it had been before the attack. They got lucky to find that the area they were looking for was still there untouched by the chaos of the world outside of the walls of the library.

“Okay what are we looking for?” Hoseok asked while Yoongi started to gather some books.

“Anything that might help us.” Yoongi answered placing the books down on a table.

“You seem familiar with this library.” Hoseok said taking some books as well.

“I am, you could say when I was younger this is where I lived.” Yoongi then took a seat. “It was close to my parent’s work and it was also close to the school’s I went to. Since I was young I was interested in all this mythology stuff, not just because of my mom but because I found it interesting, something that I would rarely feel. So my parents let me come here often only to entertain myself. They said they would rather have me here than outside in the world where a lot of bad people were.”

“You parents protected you a lot huh?” Hoseok asked sitting down after he had placed a blanket on two chairs to lay down Taehyung and let Yoongi’s arms rest.

“You could say that, but you can also says they did not want me to become part of the statistics.” Yoongi hummed opening a book while Hoseok covered Taehyung with another blanket. “They would say they did not want me to end up like the neighbors son, but honestly, I don’t think they even had a son.” Yoongi chuckled slightly.

“They were just being parents.” Hoseok smiled sitting across from Yoongi. “My parents just didn’t care, the moment they found out what I was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter