-4-

12:25 [The Fall] {YOONSEOK FANFICTION} [SUPER SLOW UPDATES]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 4: Another Step

“Where exactly are we going?” Hoseok asked as he followed Yoongi closed by.

 

“To my parents, if this is what I think it is then it’ll be safer to be with them. My mom is writer of those mythical books no one reads and my dad is an officer that works for the government intelligence team.” He informed the other. “I mean I know I’m safe with you since you do have a knowledge of the apocalypse and stuff but you need to focus in taking care of your son.” Yoongi continued before stopping in front of a hospital. “But first let’s get some supplies, just in case.” He said walking inside the hospital to see chaos.

 

Nurses and doctors tended to the injured while some parents asked if by chance their children had been left by someone. A sad reality that they were going to have to get use to. Yoongi then walked right through all the nurses and doctors and straight to the supply room.

 

“Are you stealing?!” Hoseok asked shocked.

 

“No I’m borrowing.” Yoongi said looking for something to put the stuff in. He found a backpack that were given to emergency trainees and started to put things in that he thought they might need like bandages, alcohol, gloves, masks, sharp objects, as well as things like water, flashlights and food and also other things that he thought would be helpful.

 

Once he was done he looked at Hoseok and sighed “if this is the end of the world they won’t need it.” He stated. “Now let’s go, I don’t want to be outside during the dark. If my logic is serving me right monsters tend to come out at night, when it’s dark, and spooky so let’s hit the road.”

 

They both walked out of the hospital without anyone noticing they had even entered in the first place. Yoongi then handed Taehyung some snacks, after all he was just a child. Yoongi then looked at his phone screen and saw the time.

 

“Sun starts to set at around eight. We have five hours before that.” Yoongi mumbled to himself while Hoseok followed behind him. “Which means that we might make it halfway to where we have to be.” He went on and on playing as many scenarios as he could in his head.

 

“Why don’t we take a car?” Hoseok asked.

 

“We can’t, I’m sure the roads are packed. If we stay in traffic it’s more probable we’ll take longer plus with all those movies I’ve seen that seems like a horrible idea. When people panic they tend to run around like mindless animals and honestly speaking that’s the reason people die.”

 

Hoseok only stared at Yoongi. The boy was indeed smart and planned ahead of everything which Hoseok would guess came from his dad. He also had some knowledge of the things that were going on due to his mother so really Yoongi was one of the safest places to be with. Hoseok was just really lucky to be with the boy.

 

Yoongi then stopped and looked at Hoseok. Hoseok then stopped on his track and looked at the boy in front of him. Not knowing what was going on Hoseok felt awkward and did not want to look at one of his students so he looked away.

 

“You saw the gates right?” Yoongi asked.

 

“Yes.” Hoseok answered “I saw them on the news.”

 

“What did you think?” Yoongi asked.

 

“What did I think? That it was fake, and weird. They took too long in telling the public about it.” Hoseok continued “the gates look like the gates to the Christian Underworld.”

 

“Christian?” Yoongi asked. “They look more like the Greek underworld gates. According to my mom’s book the gates to the Christian underworld are gray with a tint of maroon, right?”

 

“Yes. Those are the gates I saw.” Hoseok said making Yoongi look at him weird.

 

“The gates I saw weren’t that color.” Yoongi said to him. “They were black and a dark blue.”

 

“The doors for Tartarus?” Hoseok shook his head “That’s impossible those gates can only be opened by Hades and those doors can only open if Hades doors are opened first. Hades doors are the hardest doors to open if it’s not by him or Persephone and then after Hades doors there’s the doors of Persephone. There’s no way Tartarus gates appeared…unless” Hoseok then stopped talking.

 

“What?” Yoongi said. “Unless what? Professor Jung…”

 

“Unless the Hades has fallen.” Hoseok said.

 

“What?! that can’t be right…” Yoongi said.

 

“If Hades isn’t king of the underworld anymore that means the gates will open on their own setting everything within it free. It makes sense.” Hoseok said. “That might explain why the gates of Tartarus opened.”

 

Yoongi shook his head “that can’t be real.” Yoongi then paused. “Okay Okay let’s say that’s is real. Let’s say that Hades did get dethroned, what will happen after?”

 

Hoseok looked at Yoongi. “Something worse than the apocalypse. We need to make sure this is all true and find a way to close those gates. We need to close them before the angels of heaven come down…”

 

“Angels?” Yoongi looked at him. “What do you mean?” He asked as Hoseok started to walk.

 

“The bible states that there will be seven angels with trumpets once those trumpets are heard the end of the world will start. Greek and Christian underworlds are not the same. If they both clash then there might be war. We have to hurry and find out what really is going on or we’ll be trapped in real Hell.”

 

“Is there a way to close those gates?” Yoongi asked following Hoseok. “Can we even close them?”

 

“I don’t know.” Hoseok breathed out. “The gates had never been opened. This is all new for everyone.”

 

“In other words we are screwed.” Yoongi sighed. “Great just great.”

 

“We just need to figure it out.” Hoseok said “there’s always a way. Let me talk to your mother.” Hoseok said. “We might come up with something.”

 

Nodding Yoongi hurried in front of Hoseok and sleeping Taehyung. “This way.” He said as both hurried through the rubble of the city.

 

The three walked for about four hours before they decided to take another break. Yoongi sat down on the floor and leaned his back on a wall that had been left standing. Taehyung had been sleeping most of the way. It had been a really long day for the child after all, which just made everything worse. Yoongi as well as Hoseok wished everything could just be a nightmare. They wished for Taehyung to grow up and be a beautiful adult with a beautiful family, but now everything seem extremely far fetched.

 

Watching the loving father hold the sleeping two year old Yoongi couldn’t do anything but smile a little. Yoongi wanted to be able to protect the child and if that meant putting his life in the line he wouldn’t think twice about it. He did not know why he would go to such length for Taehyung but he wanted to protect and be able to keep him innocent.

 

“You really love him don’t you Professor?” Yoongi said drinking some water.

 

Hoseok looked over at Yoongi and smiled “After he came into my life, everything just changed.” Hoseok looked down at Taehyung and smiled brightly. “He is the best thing that happened to me. I would do anything to protect him.”

 

“Taehyung is lucky to have you.” Yoongi stated. “You’re brave professor.”

 

“Hoseok…” Hoseok said “you can call me Hoseok, Yoongi. We aren’t in school.”

 

“Right.” Yoongi stated before he looked at the time in his phone screen. “We should continue walking, the sun is setting and we need a place to hide or at least rest. I’m sure you’re tired.”

 

Nodding Hoseok stood up along with Taehyung and Yoongin continued to walk. As they walked they noticed that as they got closer to the main city the more distraction they could see. Which led Yoongi to believe that the gates had opened near the city. Looking around he could also tell it was dangerous there was too many building barely hanging on. The electricity has not been cut off and people were breaking into buildings and stores.

 

“Let’s go in there.” Yoongi pointed at a hotel building that seemed to be running. Let’s rest there and hope that we are able to pass the night.”

 

“Alright.” Hoseok said and hurried after Yoongi.

 

Inside the hotel Yoongi walked to the front desk and smiled at the lady in charge. “Do you still have rooms?” Yoongi asked.

 

“Yes but we are limited.” The lady answered. “I can only rent you one room right now, the water is running and everything else is working.”

 

“O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter