Prologue: Our Peace

12:25 [The Fall] {YOONSEOK FANFICTION} [SUPER SLOW UPDATES]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
PROLOGUE: Our Peace

 

*ding dong*

All of the students from Hamgyul Academy year two headed to their seats the moment that they heard the schools chime ring throughout the whole school up until the echo slowly died out. A few seconds into the chime, the door of the classroom opened and the homeroom teacher strolled into the classroom with a smile in her face.

"Alright, alright," The woman started "Everyone settle down. I know it's your last day before getting out for winter break, but settle down for just a little bit okay?" She continued to talk over the noise as she wrote the numbers '12:25' on the board with the white chalk that had been left by the other teachers.

"Ahem." She cleared gaining the attention of the students that had not stopped talking before. "Good." She stated once she had gained everyone's attention. "Now that all of you are settled down I'll continue, what do those numbers mean?" She asked and looked around to see no hands up.

The classroom then grew even quieter than it was before at the sight of those four numbers. It was as of the students were holding their breaths.

"No one?" The teacher stated rather surprised as she walked through the rows of desks and students. As she walked through the rows of students she noticed some students looking away in order to not get picked, this made her sigh even more.

"I know you all know what they mean... You did go over them in your history class did you not?" She hummed as she tapped her chin. The teacher then stopped in front of the classroom and crossed her hands in front of her chest. The woman then looked at the back at the classroom; more specifically she looked at a boy who was looking outside at the dark sky.

"Namjoon," she called the boy who wasn't looking at her. "You seem rather interested; why not tell us what 12:25 means."

Namjoon, for the first time since the teacher had entered, looked at the front before he stood up making everyone around him look at him.

"It was the day the world entered a war that killed more than half of the world's population." He answered "To be exact it killed 95% of the world's population." He added making his homeroom teacher smile.

"Tell us what the war was called." She said looking at him straight in the eyes.

Namjoon stood in silence for a few seconds before he looked at his teacher, stared into her eyes "Bellum Internecium [war of extermination]." He answered rather sourly "Can I sit down now?" He asked.

"Eh? Ah, yes you may sit..." The homeroom teacher smiled "Thank you Namjoon." She smiled before she continued, "He is correct, " she continued to speak "Today we will be learning what happened that day. I know it's annoying to keep seeing and hearing about this, but it is really important for us to know what happened that day." She said and noticed Kousei once again looked out of the classroom uninterested of what she was talking about.

"Bellum Internecium..." Namjoon thought "Annoying..."

Once it was time to go Namjoon gathered his stuff and let out a sigh knowing that he was getting stared at by a lot of people, something that would happen whenever the end of the year was coming to an end. Ignoring all the stares the boy headed to the entrance of the school and was called by a girl on the entrance.

"Uwah, Namjoon your face is scary." A male said stepping in front of the boy. "I came to pick you up, a thank you would be greatly appreciated." He puffed her cheeks. "Jimin service at your service." he saluted while Namjoon ignored her walking right past him.

"Namjoon." The boy whined, "Wait for me! Hey, you're my big bro, aren't you suppose to wait for me? What if some thugs come and kidnap me, idiot brother! You're supposed to take me home safely!!!!" He went on and on making Namjoon put on his earphones making his younger brother puff his cheeks out even more. Something that would make anyone else turn around, and not ignore him, but not him. His younger brothers were two little demons when together.

"Idiot Namjoon, it's no wonder you are single." He mumbled as he caught up to his brother.

In the train station, the brothers climbed into the train and sat next to each other in the first empty seats that were available to them. Namjoon looked outside through the window that was next to him while Jimin put on her earphones to ignore all of the whisperings around the two and texted away with his twin brother Jungkook, who happened to have left first than him from school. It was the same every year for the three maybe that's why Jungkook had chosen to just leave ahead of Jimin. All the people around them only knew how to whisper and talk about them.

As the train moved to its next destination Namjoon looked at the landscape that they were going through while the train moved. Everything seemed normal. There were constructions still going on, people were still learning new languages, things were still being studied, and experiments were going on, research was still going on, places were still restricted, children still laughed, adults still gossip, and elections were still going on. The sky was blue, the night was dark, the sun still came up, the stars and moon still shined during the night, snow still fell, seasons still changed, everything was normal, but what was normal? Namjoon could only wonder.

They lived in a world where only three countries ruled, the greatest country that was once known as the United States had fallen. There was no trace of that so called placed. They were ruled by one single powered known as "Survivors". The po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter