A Step into Your Past

Devastating Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Because we are two unfortunate growing kids that are desperately seeking for love from a mother..."

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Cupping her face in between his hands, Taehyung held on her and pressed his lips hard on Joohyun’s to calm her down. He was taken aback by her continuous terrified mumbles and when her body trembled in fear, it worried him more, he knew he had went too far. When his kisses turned soft and tender, he could feel her tensed trembling body relaxed. She stopped hitting on him and grasped on his shirt when he tilted his head and deepened the kiss on her lips. Her heart was beating tremendously fast with a foreign feeling and she was unsure if it was because of the horrid nightmare or his advances that made the strange feelings surged inside her.

 

He parted from her while listening to their heavy pants and gasps, “settle down? Who’s killing you, I thought you can swim, it was written in your profile.” His eyes were still on hers.

 

Her head was low avoiding his gaze, she could feel her cheeks turning bright red “I-I’m sca-red of water…”

 

“What are you mumbling there?” he cupped on her face and caressed her soft cheek with his thumb. “Such a mama’s girl, do you call out for your eomma whenever you’re in danger?”

 

She remained silent as she blushed with his continuous touches. “Let go…” she muttered.

 

“Will you be okay if I release you now?”

 

“Yes…” she nodded her head. “Ahh…” she choked almost immediately when he withdrew his hands from her as her legs gave in and she drowned.

 

Taehyung knew this would happened, his arms were fast encircling her waist ensuring her foot touch the tiled base. “See…” he leaned in to meet her eyes, “You can’t even stand properly.”

 

“And whose fault is this?” her eyelids raised and that very second, she noticed how close their faces were.

 

Caught in the indescribable mixed emotions, he wondered was it because of her fast heartbeat that has affected him. His heart was pounding in an unusual pace which is bizarre to him. Leaning closer to her, his lips were an inch away from hers “can I kiss you?”

 

She pushed on his chest when his lips almost touch hers, she tilted her head “No. I have calmed down, you don’t have to that again. Why…do you even…want…”

 

“Because it feels right,” he stopped her stammers.

 

“So, is this the kind of danger you’d been warning me, you are the danger.”

 

“Perhaps…” he pinched on her nose, playfully.

 

Wrapping her hands around his shoulder, he sighed when she gasped with fear. “I’m not doing anything but we have to get out from the water before both of us catch a cold. Hold tight,” he walked towards the railing stairs and brought them to the surface.

 

Seeing her shaking figure, he could see through her inner side from the soaked wet white shirt. He took his blazer and threw it to her, “Ms. Nerd, don’t you wear camisole inside, do you have extra uniform to change?”

 

Looking down on her drenched self, she finally realized how transparent her shirt has become. She took hold of his blazer and covered herself “I’ll get from Seungwan.”

 

“Let’s go then…” he held his hand out to help her up.

 

In the changing room, Joohyun was drying her hair after changing into the PE clothes borrowed from her best friend. Son Seungwan was flooding her with countless questions. “Ms. Son I would appreciate you to stop chattering and post the questions one after another. I can’t answer all of them in one go.”

 

“Key questions, what did you two do, what he did to you that you’re drenched completely,” Seungwan slowed down and respired. “Yah, answer me,” she pushed on Joohyun’s shoulder when the latter nonchalance got on her nerve.

 

“Nothing, I just slipped and fell into the pool.”

 

“Ever since that incident, you never let yourself go near the swimming pool. The idea of nearing the pond is enough to terrify you,” Seungwan folded her arms and frowned looking at Joohyun, “if it’s not that Kim Taehyung, you wouldn’t have gone there. We need to get his parents in if no one can stop his games.”

 

“As much as I hate the fact that I’m doomed to have him under my care,” she turned off the hairdryer before looking at her pink-haired friend, “I have no choice and the earlier incident…it was purely an unplanned accident. I’ll work things out with him and there’s progress. We are growing kids, stop getting our parents involved on everything.”

 

“I wouldn’t have say this if he didn’t cross the line. Water is your biggest weakness, it’s a nightmare to you.”

 

“I’ll be fine. After all he idolized my brother, when things get way out of control oppa would step in. I’m sure your sweet lover would step in too.”

 

“Jung Hoseok?” Seungwan rolled her eyes at the mention of her boyfriend. “If he could get his out from the club and not date the alcohols and mixers, he may be of some help.”

 

“Then you should try date the barrister and the coffee beans lesser to gain more of his attention and affection from him.” Ruffling her upset friend’s hair, Joohyun chuckled “thanks buddy, let’s go back to the class.”

 

Back into the class, Joohyun noticed the seat beside her was still vacant. “Kim Taehyung is still not back yet?”

 

“Why are you in PE clothes?” Namjoon was curious as he checked on her from head to toes.

 

“Thought you were with him,” Jimin joined the conversation.

 

Almost instantly, Joohyun’s face darkened “this rascal is really getting on my nerve.” Turning to the taller man, “Namjoon oppa, think I’ll be missing the next class, do you have time to spare for me tomorrow morning?”

 

“Always ready for you,” Namjoon smiled before patting on her back.

 

“A little more patience is all you need to tame that joker,” Jimin said whilst placing his arm on her shoulder. “He’s not evil, I can guarantee that.”

 

“I look more like a joker now,” she hissed and turned her heels towards the door.

 

-

 

Meanwhile in the male changing room, ferocious threatens and anguish groans filled the empty room. Taehyung was cornered by four boys from the special class who were closely monitored by the disciplinary committee and student council. His arms were pulled back by 2 of the boys who stood side by side of him and the taller boy swung his hand towards Taehyung’s face again. The boy who was legs crossed leisurely at the side, the team leader, wasn’t pleased with his foe’s reaction.

 

Taehyung noticed his enemy displeased expression, a smug smile crept on his face. “Is that all you’ve got, Hanbin, then that’s disappointing,” he taunted.

 

A dark glare was shot at Taehyung as Hanbin rose from his seat stopping his assistant, Bobby from kicking the harmed boy. “Kim Taehyung, I’ve been waiting for you. I waited for almost a month but it seems like you were avoiding me.” Hanbin grasped a handful on Taehyung’s hair and pulled his bowed head up so that they are on the same level. “How could you not even greet an old friend?” Taehyung eyed hardly at the boy before him.

 

Looking at the purplish marks on the corner of Taehyung lips and eyes, Hanbin smirked “guys, that’s not too nice for a starter,” he slammed his fists onto Taehyung’s abdomen. “This would meet our hyung’s standard.”

 

The guys laughed when Taehyung stumbled back at the sudden punch, he was gritting his teeth to withstand the pain. “After winning the fight that we had, you’re just an insignificant item to me, there’s not a need to avoid you neither do I need to greet you, Hanbin.”

 

Another punch landed on his abdomen, the same spot “Son of a , who do you think you are? Just because you started schooling here, that doesn’t make you rise to an upper level. You’re the heir of YJ Group because Kim Seokjin doesn’t want it. Whatever you owned now was snatched away from another woman by that you called mum, so who’s insignificant now, !”

 

Taehyung’s fist tightened in rage to an extent that his knuckles turned white. As much as he wanted to fight back, he knew he can’t as each and every vicious word that came out from Hanbin’s mouth was a fact which he can’t deny. It was his biggest disgrace, a stain, a flaw, a blemish he can never remove from his life, forever.

 

“Are you going to be like a kid attacking me with words?” Taehyung snorted, still not showing any affected emotions, “this doesn’t work on me, you know very well.”

 

Bobby was irritated by Taehyung’s smug look, he threw his fist on the taller man’s lips. Blood oozing from his lips. “Hanbin hyung, finish him off!”

 

Hanbin brushed up his fringe and showed Taehyung the faint scar on his forehead, “Remember this special gift you gave me? I wouldn’t have been grounded here if it’s not because of you. I’ll make sure to return this to you 10 times more than this.” Signalling to Mino and DK to hold him firmer, they pinned Taehyung to the wall. Hanbin closed in their gap and cupped on Taehyung’s chin whilst tapping on his face, “this is only a welcome gift, there’ll be more to come.”

 

The injured boy sniggered, “do all you want, nothing would hold me back. Just like how you described me to be, I’m just a wretch. Unlike you who have so much commitments especially on girls.”

 

“Stop, Mino” Hanbin called out when the boy wanted to lunge forward to Taehyung. “We’ll see that…let’s go.”

 

They made their way out from the changing room and the moment they stepped their foot out, they bumped into the school’s most adored and cherished senior tutor of the student council. Watching her stepped aside making sure not to stand in their way, Hanbin recognized her and stopped walking.

 

Hanbin eyed at her with his usual intimidating eyes over his shoulder “why are you here queenka, Bae Joohyun?”

 

Her brows furrowed in irritation upon hearing the name. She hated to be called queenka most.

 

“Yah, Hanbin hyung is asking you a question, answer it.” Mino walked up to her causing Joohyun stepped back a little.

 

“The four of you are not supposed to be here,” Joohyun said firmly, “PE classes have ended long ago and none of you are from any of the sports team, so why are all four of you here?”

 

“What’s your relationship with Kim Taehyung?” Hanbin’s eyes were growing dark.

 

Joohyun folded her arms and stated, “why would that interest you?”

 

The dangerous boy lowered his head with a mysterious smile on face. He looked up to her “interesting…welcome to the game then…” he walked away with his group after having one last look at the vague confusion on Joohyun’s face. 

 

“Namjoon oppa is right, they are definitely the strangest in the school,” turning to the male changing room, she knocked on the door several times making sure there is no one in the room.

 

Stepping her foot into the room, she searched for the troublesome boy and when she noticed a frail body lying motionlessly on the floor, she almost shouted. Running up to the severely bruised boy, she helped him up and made him leaned against the wall behind him.

 

“I just left you alone for less than an hour and you went to fight with people,” Joohyun held her hand out and touched on Taehyung’s cheek before trailing it down to the corner of his lips; on the dried blood. He flinched at her touch. “It’s bleeding…you lost the game and promised to listen to me. I don’t remember asking you to fight, what happened? Was it Hanbin’s deed? We need to go to the infirmary room…”

 

He used his last ounce of strength to grabbed hold on her nape and pulled her forward to him, “Stop it, if another word come out from your mouth again, I would use my way to stop you and you won’t like it.”

 

She got his meaning and stopped immediately. Caressing on the bruises, her hand was quivering. Taehyung could see tears welling up in her eyes.

 

Holding on the back of her head, he tapped it gently “I’m fine, is not my first time to be in such state. I just need a little rest.”

 

“We have to deal with your injuries,” she got up and was stopped by Taehyung, abruptly. He held onto her wrist, “where are you going?”

 

Tapping on his hand, she assured “I’ll get someone to treat you, I won’t get you in trouble but I can’t leave you stay in such state. Will be back in ten.”

 

Ten minutes later, Joohyun came back with a petite girl who seems to be around their age. She was having a medical kit in her hand pacing towards him.

 

“Goodness, you should bring him to the hospital or at least clinic, Joohyun.” The mature girl frowned deeply, “He’s in a big mess. Show me your abdomen.”

 

“Taeyeon unnie…why?” Joohyun could see a tinge red shade on Taehyung’s cheek upon hearing her request.

 

Taeyeon sighed at the two-shy junior, “do you think he would only sustain injuries on his face during the fight?” leaning forward, she pulled Taehyung’s shirt and examine his bruised abdomen. Joohyun looked away in pain upon seeing his abdomen covered with purplish bruises.

 

Holding on the older girl hand, Joohyun asked “should we send him to hospital, would he have internal injuries?”

 

Gently pressing on his abdomen, she asked “Is there any pain at this area?”

 

He closed his eyes tiredly and shook his head.

 

“There’s nothing much can be done on his abdomen other than letting the bruise subside, it may take some time and I’m sure you have great experience on this,” Taeyeon darted on the weak boy. “I’ll put some ointment on his face and clean up the wound on his lips. It should not leave any scar, don’t worry.”

 

Taehyung turned to the worried Joohyun and queried, “Who is she?”

 

“She’s a medical student, our school has hired her as temp staff at the infirmary room to assist Dr. Cha,” she paused and stole glances at the older lady, “also, my oppa girlfriend. Unnie, you’ll help me, right?”

 

Taeyeon was cleaning on the wound quietly before eyeing at Taehyung then back to Joohyun with her strict eyes. “I won’t put in record on what has happened here but you need to figure out a way to bring him out from the school. Your classes don’t end in another 2 hours.”

 

Biting on her lower lip, Joohyun almost forgotten about the remaining classes. They can’t hide in the changing room for long as most students would be here to get changed for noon activities.

 

“Have you ever tried sneaking out?”

 

Taehyung turned to her with a brow raised, “what’s in your mind?”

 

“Not only you would be in trouble if you are found in such state, I’ll be doomed as well. I can’t let anyone see you like this.” Joohyun sighed, heavily “have you done it here before?”

 

“I have a way, just follow me,” Taeyeon stated while packing her kit.

 

-

 

With Taeyeon’s help, both Taehyung and Joohyun sneaked out from the secret passage only some of the graduated students know according to Taeyeon. As school hasn’t end, they can’t go home and they are unsure of where they should head to at that very minute. Joohyun has suggested for Taehyung to follow her to a place.

 

When they hopped on a bus, Taehyung was surprised that she actually owned a public transport pass. They were seated at the last row of bus’s seats. 

 

He took hold of her pass and checked on it “Why would you have this?”

 

“I travel using public transport,” she replied while running her hand through her hair. “Because of you I actually ran out from school, I can’t believe it.”

 

He snorted before leaning his head against the seat “you should have just leave me alone in the changing room, this is not my first time and I can handle myself perfectly well.

 

“I’m not a heartless person and just now you really did look like gonna pass out any time soon,” she nudged on his side making him flinched, clutching on his stomach “Mianhe…I forgot…are you okay?” she lowered her head to check on him.

 

As he looked up, his eyes were captured by Joohyun’s big eyes. He could feel his heart unusual beats, again. “don’t look at me,” he sat up straight avoiding her eyes.

 

“Huh…”

 

He closed his eyes and rested his clasped hands on his stomach “I’m fine, you’ve not seen the worse.”

 

“Mind to tell me what exactly happened in the changing room? Are you close with Hanbin and friends?? There are being monitored closely by the disciplinary committee.”

 

Opening his eyes, it moved to her direction “do you always asked countless questions, if yes, you should change this habit. I don’t like it.”

 

She hissed, “why do I need to change for you?” she held on his arm and insisted “answer my questions.”

 

Pulling her arm over, he rolled up her sweatshirt sleeve and trailed his fingers on the fading red marks “answer me this and you’ll get the answers to your questions.” Watching every change on her face, he queried “these marks are obviously caused by cane, are you abused at home?”

 

Pushing down her sleeve, she looked away uneasily “of course not, why are you so nosy!”

 

“Tell that to yourself,” he snapped, annoyed with her avoiding his question.

 

“The performance tests are in a week’s time, I’ve gotten permission from Leeteuk Seonsaeng to let you sit for the tests.” She tried to get his attention, “of course the results would not be taken in due to your attendance but we’ll use that to monitor your performance. Do you have time to stay back a little after school for revision?” she asked, carefully.

 

“We’ll do the revision at my house, I hate studying in school.”

 

She smiled when he agreed, “no problem.”

 

-

 

“How is it?” Joohyun turned away from her violin to the boy seated before her.

 

“Something is lacking,” Jin brushed his nose, “the ending, the key is too low and in between, something is missing, try to add in the tune I showed you earlier.”

 

She nodded her head.

 

“I need to run some errands,” Jin placed his hand on her shoulder, “will it be fine if I leave you here alone or you prefer going out with me?”

 

“I’ll just stay and improve my composition so that it would be ready when you return.”

 

He nodded before pecking on her forehead which caught her off-guard. “Oppa…”

 

Jin grinned, “you blush a lot, Joohyun. I’ll see you in a while.”

 

Joohyun continued playing the violin after Jin left, changing and improving her composition with Jin’s feedback without realizing how much time had passed. She took a deep breath after finetuning her piece of work and started playing the full piece of music again. A sudden familiar raspy voice drew her attention.

 

“I didn’t know you can play violin.”

 

She turned around with her eyes widened the moment she met with the owner of the deep voice, “Kim Taehyung, why are you here?”

 

“This is my hyung’s apartment why can’t I be here?” he placed his hands into his jeans pocket, “why are you here?”

 

Just then, Jin came back in time and noticed the two strangers must have met without the owner introducing. He paced up to the boy who was leaning against the doorframe to his music room.

 

“Taehyung-ah, see how forgetful hyung has become. Let me introduce, she’s Uncle Bae’s daughter, Bae Joohyun,” Jin turned to the surprised girl “Hyun, meet my dongsaeng, Taehyung.”

 

“He’s your brother?” she was shocked with the news, “so he is your brother?”

 

Jin chuckled, “why are you so surprised?” He patted on the back of her head, “sorry I didn’t tell you earlier that my brother is coming over today.”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter