Memory Lane

Devastating Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(credit owner)

♪ It's You ♪

 

Taehyung was sitting on his usual chair listening to the music box when Joohyun returned from the indoor garden. Closing the door behind her, she locked it ensuring no one could interfere them. She walked up to him and he waited for her to begin her interrogation. 

 

She knelt before him, looking straight into his eyes “How long have you been hiding in this room?” 

 

He was gazing into her quivering eyes, attempting to search for an answer to the question in his mind; why would she wants to know. 

 

Holding on his knees, her breathing turned raspy “why would you do such creepy thing, what do you want to get out of this?” 

 

Leaning forward, his long arm reached out to her soft face. He held on her nape and pulled her closer to him, his lips grazed on hers “because it’s you…” 

 

Her lips were trembling against his. Taehyung’s stare slowly moved up to her eyes, and unknowingly, his defenseless eyes hurt Joohyun’s heart. She never like seeing him in this state as it made the walls she built so hard between them crumbled instantly.  

 

His heart was racing uncontrollably fast, parting from her lips, he said “after you rejected me heartlessly that day, I went to London and stayed there for some time. You do know how terrible my insomnia was then, it was your violin music that comforted me and that’s when I could sleep.” Noticing her shaky knees, he knew she can’t stay on that posture too long. He got up from the seat, back facing her.  

 

♫♪♫ 

Without even being able to go to you 

I’m always here, looking at you 

Even though you can’t enter my heart, I know 

Like destiny, it’s always you 

♫♪♫ 

 

Taehyung was fighting inside, unsure if he should reveal his vulnerability to her, “I love you…”  

 

The three familiar words she had been missing were like a knife stabbing into Joohyun’s heart, she stared at his powerless back with tears entering her eyes as the past painful memories played in her mind. 

 

“Even if I can’t be with you, I just want to look at you from a distance. I know I can’t enter your heart but it’s you that I love, it’s you that I see whenever I close my eyes,” that’s what he wanted to say but courage was something Joohyun had took away from him. 

 

♫♪♫ 

It’s you, even when I close my eyes 

It’s you, I can only see you 

It’s you, like the stars in the night sky 

You’re the only one who shines in my heart 

It’s you 

It’s you 

♫♪♫ 

 

“I did love you very much,” his deep voice was filled with sorrow, “as much as I love you, it turned into hatred. When we met, you clearly know I never believe in love but still, you choose to deceived me; ruining me even more.” He turned around and looked at her “do you even know what you’d done to me?” 

 

Biting the corner of her lower lip, she tried hard in holding back her tears “why did you still-” 

 

♫♪♫ 

Even if I’m not in your heart anymore 

I’m in your eyes 

Even if I can’t go into your arms 

Still, it’s only you for me 

♫♪♫ 

 

“Because I wanted you to regret the choice you made, I want you to pay for the price for betraying me,” he said through gritted teeth. “When I returned, I got to know YHO’s conditions and I agreed to fund YHO with a condition to have the room beside yours and they are not to interfere whatever I do for both the rooms.” 

 

Pacing up to her, he held on her shoulder “I chose to be the sole heir to YJ Group to prove to you that you have made a wrong choice. I needed a revenge, YHO it’s your everything, wasn’t it? when the time comes, I would stop funding it.” 

 

“You needed my music in order to sleep, wasn’t it?” her voice was shaking as she queried the man before her, a tear fell from her eye. 

 

♫♪♫ 

It’s you, even when I close my eyes 

It’s you, I can only see you 

It’s you, like the stars in the night sky 

You’re the only one who shines in my heart 

It’s you 

♫♪♫ 

 

He brought his hand up to wiped off the crystal tear with his thumb and snorted, “I admired your confidence, you’re still full of yourself. But you’re wrong…” Taehyung refused to reveal the fact that he needed to listen to her violin in order to get some sleep, to calm himself.  

 

More tears flowed down her fair face freely as she lowered her head, she can never imagine how much she had hurt him that turned him into the person he is now.  

 

Grabbing hold on her chin with his thumb and index finger, he brought her head up to face him. “Why would you cry? Was it because you finally have to let go of your first love and end everything?” 

 

She shook her head and retorted firmly “I have stopped loving him…” 

 

“Then why are you not with Jin hyung if you have moved on or you are beginning to regret since he’s not YJ’s heir and the real heir has moved on with a marriage?”  

 

Joohyun remained silent and eyes fixed into Taehyung’s making him nervous with each second passed by them. “My existence is bringing you so much annoyance, why would you do all this and even keep me by your side?” 

 

Taehyung grabbed hold on her wrist and pulled her nearer, he grazed her cheek with the back of his fingers whilst staring on her lips. They could feel each other hearts thumping against their chest with enormous speed.  

 

“I thought you already know the reasons behind when you signed the contract,” his thumb made contact with her lips “all I wanted is to locked you in my cage, torture you, to make you suffer with the person you don’t like.” 

 

“Why are you telling me all this, you could have dodge me easily.” 

 

He pulled her into his arms and she could feel his arms around her back and waist were tightening. “I don’t know…” Taehyung whispered into her ear, “I really don’t know. So, till I get to find an answer, you can’t leave me or turn to any other man until the contract ends.” 

 

Joohyun wasn’t sure why, but she brought her hands up around his waist and rested her head against his chest, something she missed doing, she was tired. 

 

 

Back at the penthouse, Taehyung noticed the utensils he used to cooked the congee were all cleaned and placed in the rinsing basket. Watching Joohyun opening the fridge to get the cold water, he walked up to the kitchen counter, stood opposite of her leisurely. 

 

“You finished the congee?” he asked nonchalantly whilst stealing glances from her, not wanting to make it obvious on his intention. 

 

She nodded her head “yes, thanks for making congee for me.” Turning to him with a teasing smile, “but you gotta learn tasting the food after cooking so that you can control the taste.” 

 

“Wae?” he frowned, taking hold of the glass of water Joohyun passed to him. “Too salty?” 

 

She lowered her head, trying to control herself from laughing but her smile was evident for Taehyung, “I saw that, Bae Joohyun.”  

 

Seeing her finally smile for the first time since the moment she met Sehun the night before, Taehyung too smiled and felt relieved as he knew she’s fine now. Joohyun pursed her lips and watched him emptied the glass of chilled water. Her breath hitched when he looked up at her with a serious manner all of a sudden.  

 

Leaning in, he held on the edge of the kitchen counter “there’s something I need to ask you.” 

 

“What is it,” she bit her lips, “you looked serious.” 

 

“Answer me honestly,” his fervid eyes were increasing her heartbeat tremendously, “if…your parents are to put you into an arranged marriage with Jin hyung, would you agree to it?” he lowered his head and held on the empty glass, waiting for her answer. 

 

Unconsciously, she squeezed on her shivering hands before her lap “it’s impossible, my father wouldn’t make me do something against my will.” 

 

“What if he really did?” he braved himself and brought his head up to meet her eyes, “would you accept it, tell me.” he insisted for an answer. 

 

“Shouldn’t you be happy if this ever happens?” she held on her skirt tightly, “my plan would fail badly, the calculations I made 7 years ago all wrong. Just like what you said, Jin Is not YJ’s heir and your plan on avenging me would be successful. You could get rid of me then.” 

 

He bit on his inner cheek upon hearing what she said, he wasn’t sure why but his heart hurt badly by her tone of voice. Making his steps over to her side, he reached out to her hand and interlaced their fingers.  

 

“When have I ever say that I want to get rid of you?” he gently rubbed on her rosy cheek with his thumb. “Wouldn’t you be happy if you’re to marry Jin hyung, this is your golden chance to run away from me?” 

 

“I would have accepted him long ago, if that’s what I want.” 

 

He closed his eyes before pressing his forehead on hers and nuzzled his nose tip on hers. Taking in each and every word she just said, he prayed it wasn’t another way of her in deceiving him. The fact that she didn’t accept Jin till now, gave him a small hope that she did love him once.  

 

Resting his arm on her shoulder whilst holding on the back of her neck, he asked “are you okay to stay home alone tonight?” 

 

She looked up to him, curiously “you’re going back to the office or your parent’s mansion?” 

 

Taehyung remained silent and from the change of his expression, Joohyun knew he’s not going to either one of the two places she had mentioned. He may have planned to stay at the real Mrs. Kim’s place. Withdrawing her hand from his, she took the glasses and went to the sink to clean it.  

 

“I’ll be alone, you should carry on with your work and head home. Last night incident will not happen again, I’ll be fine alone.”  

 

Just by watching her every move, Taehyung knew she was lying, her body language was betraying her. Before she could place the glasses in the basket, she felt two arms wrapped around her from behind, firmly. 

 

“I’m going nowhere and would stay right here with you,” he whispered in her ear, before placing wet kisses around her milky white neck. A smile crept on his face when she tilted her head and rested on his shoulder. 

 

She tightened her fist, trying hard not to react to his advances “no…you should…go…”  

 

Listening to her fumbling words, he can’t help but to more. He turned her around, lips still not leaving every inch of her skin, advancing to her chest “you sure that’s what you want?” 

 

“Taehyung-ah…about the…music box…” she tried to divert his attention, he looked up at her, both panting heavily. 

 

“What about the music box?” 

 

“That music, it was Spring Day, wasn’t it?” 

 

Pecking on her lips, he said “It was meant to be your birthday present. You can take it from my room tomorrow.” 

 

“You mean, I can enter your room?” 

 

“Since the secret is already revealed, no point hiding it anymore,” he looked into her confused eyes before sealing her lips, deeply. She did not refuse him this time and meekly return his kisses allowing him an entrance, deepening the kiss.  

 

“Are you safe today?” he parted their lips and rested his forehead on hers, out of breath. His hands were running all over the top part of her body 

 

She nodded her head and that’s the cue for him to continued his next actions. Her hands encircled his neck when he lifted her up and pressed her against the wall while grinding on her slowly making her pulled away in mess. 

 

“Pl-ease…” 

 

“Please what” his finger made its way under her inner thigh. 

 

“Just…ahh…” 

 

“What should you say, Joohyun-ie?” his playful smile was irritating her and she knew what he wanted. 

 

“Please…oppa…” 

 

He smirked, “good girl, I’ll give it to you…” 

 

 

The next morning, the vibration of his phone on the bedside table forced Taehyung to get up from his serene sleep with Joohyun in his arms. It was Kim Family’s housekeeper informing him that Sr. Mr. Kim has summoned him home for breakfast. Without waking the exhausted lady on bed, he left a note for her before leaving. When he arrived at the mansion, he saw Jennie was waiting for him at the entrance. 

 

“Why are you waiting here?” he asked emotionlessly. 

 

“I thought we should go in together or the elders would suspect us,” Jennie followed closely behind his big steps. 

 

“It’s not necessary.” 

 

“Alright, everyone is here,” Kim Young Jae clapped his hands, excitedly. 

 

“Taehyung, Jennie how have you two adapting to your new life?” Min Hae Sook asked.  

 

“We are doing good,” Jennie turned to Taehyung and slipped her hand into his. “adapting very well in this new chapter of life.” 

 

“Don’t you think you all are delaying the honeymoon too long?” Min Hae Sook said before taking a sip of her coffee. 

 

“Eomma, both of us are so busy establishing our place in the organization. It’s best for us to arrange it once we settle down so that we could enjoy it more.” 

 

“I heard that you are good in cooking, Jennie,” Kim Young Jae turned to the young lady, “what did you cooked for Taehyung last night?” 

 

Before Jennie could lie further, Taehyung spoke for the first time since he stepped into the mansion “I wasn’t at home last night due to some urgent works in the office.” 

 

“But your secretary said you left in the afternoon,” Jin was curious. 

 

“Yeah, I went out for an urgent meeting and returned to office to cleared up some proposals with Jimin at night.” 

 

“Taehyung-ah, you both just got married, you shouldn’t leave your wife alone at home so often.” Min Hae Sook’s brows furrowed, eyeing hardly at her son. 

 

“Eomma, we are doing perfectly fine. Taehyung have to focus at his works now,” Jennie smiled. 

 

“See how considerate Jennie is, you have to treasure her.” 

 

Taehyung did not respond to his mother and continued working on his plate of breakfast, emotionlessly. 

 

“By the way Seokjin, have you considered about the arrangement I told you earlier?” Kim Young Jae queried while slicing on his ham. 

 

“Appa, let’s not talk about it here,” Jin’s face was covered with a crimson shade. 

 

“Aigoo, we are all family, what’s there to hide. Unless you’re telling me, you don’t like Joohyun, then I wouldn’t ask more.” 

 

“That’s not what I meant,” Jin rubbed the back of his head, shyly. 

 

“What’s this arrangement about?” Min Hae Sook asked upon hearing the familiar name she once detested. 

 

“I spoke to Seung Hoon,” Kim Young Jae started the explanation to his wife, “since our kids seem to have feelings for one another but neither one dare to make the first move, we should do it for them.” 

 

“You’re trying to make Seokjin marry Seung Hoon’s daughter, is that what you meant?” 

 

“Seung Hoon told me his worries on his daughter too, Joohyun is an introvert and don’t really express herself well hence, he’s opens for the arrangement if Seokjin is the one.” 

 

Jennie noticed Taehyung’s face darkened the very minute they started the marriage topic between Jin and Joohyun. He fidgeted on his seat uneasily. 

 

“Jin oppa, even your ears turned red,” Jennie teased the older man. “Looks like, you are really interested and keen with it. You must have love Joohyun unnie very much.” 

 

“So, I’ll take it as you’re fine with it,” Kim Young Jae’s smile widened. 

 

“Appa, it’s not only about me and I’m not the only one who is making a decision. I respect Hyun’s and if she doesn’t want it, I won’t force her for it.” Jin had a silly smile on face, “I’m willing to wait.” 

 

Taehyung’s fiery eyes never leave his brother as he crossed his arms before his chest, taking in each and every words of the ongoing conversation.  

 

 

“I’m happy that you’re helping me,” Seungwan cleaned the coffee machine before turning to her buddy, “but don’t you think you’re spending too much time here, don’t he complain?” 

 

“Which he you are referring to?” Joohyun’s eyes were fixed on the latte as a fine flower formed on the surface of the glass. 

 

“How many to do you have?” Seungwan snorted before shifting her gaze back to Joohyun from the beverage. “Omo…” she held on Joohyun’s nape and pulled on the shirt collar “Yah, what did he do to you last night, these are fresh ones. You don’t even cover it now?” 

 

“Tch!” Joohyun pushed her hand away from her before buttoning up the collar button. “You are too energetic today, don’t you think?” 

 

Seungwan pulled her over to the empty seats and begin her interrogation, “you look troubled, what’s wrong? The first few times you would still concealed it, what now, you’re trying to tell everyone that you’re in a relationship with someone?” 

 

Joohyun sighed heavily while holding on her aching temple, “I have greater problem to take care of, do you think I still have the mood to take care of these?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter