Coffee shop

Blessing in disguise

"Congratulations to another successful delivery Dr. Yoon!" A light pat on Jeonghan's back interrupted him from his trail of thoughts and diverted his attention to his long time friend Seokmin who happens to be one of the hospital nurses too.

"Mr and Mrs Park look so happy when I showed them their baby boy." The nurse said making Jeonghan look at the picture frame sitting peacefully on his desk, it's a picture of him and his late wife when she was 6 months pregnant with Jihyo, "That's great then.." He replied but his gaze is still fixated on the wooden picture frame. 

Seokmin followed his friend's gaze and saw that he's looking at the same frame all over and all over again, so he decided to snatch it away this time. 

"What the hell Seokmin!?" Jeonghan whined as he rubbed his temples feigning headache. 

"When will you ever get tired staring at this picture frame hyung?!" 

"It's a picture of me and my wife! I have the every rights to stare at it all day long!" The brunette hissed, as he snatched the frame back and threw it inside his cabinet. 

Seokmin sighed, it's no use. He and their circle of friends have been trying their best to help Jeonghan move on about his wife's death, it's almost six years now. The brunette obstetrician keeps on blaming himself about the inevitable event, and no matter how many successful deliveries he had already handled he keeps on calling himself a failure, because he wasn't able to save his own wife's life. He can't even spare a glance to his daughter because her existence reminds him of his wife's death and for a fact that every birthday that she celebrates is also the day of the death anniversary of his wife.

"How's Jihyo?" 

Jeonghan flinched, "she's not enjoying her school but looks like she's very fond of her class adviser."

Seokmin whistled and laughed a little, "Is her class adviser y and attractive, you know?" Giving the doctor a slight nudge earning an eye roll from him, "Who said her class adviser is a lady ! He is attractive, yes but he is a male for Pete's sake!" 

"When was the last time you dated a guy hyung?" Seokmin teased a little, making Jeonghan groan in annoyance, "can you shut up Seokmin! Like I'll date her kindergarten teacher." 

"Sure hyung, whatever helps you sleep at night.." Seokmin laughed as he went outside the room. Jeonghan rolled his eyes again and checked his wrist watch, he removed his labcoat and threw it on his shoulder, it's already lunch time and he thought of eating his favourite pasta on his favourite coffee shop which is a ten minute drive away from the hospital.
He hastily grabbed his laptop with him so that he can finish some work while eating. 

--------------------

The first whole week of teaching went okay for Seungcheol, Jihyo is starting to open up to him, though she can still be a bit of aloof at times and the kid won't tell him what is really going on between her and her dad.

She is a smart kid though, no doubt from a child of an obstetrician. He did a little research and background check about the kid after all. When he was reading Jihyo's profile yesterday on the hope of finding answers why the child is acting like an angsty kid through her family's background, she's acting like that angry German boy from the anime he watched last summer, it's called Attack on Titan or something like that. He discovered that Jihyo is an only child and her father, Mr. Jeonghan Yoon is an obstetrician, that explains why he is always busy but that doesn't explain why he can't make time for his only child just like what she's always saying and complaining about, kids don't lie after all and they won't make up stories.

When he went to the section of Jihyo's mother, he became really interested because he never heard the kid spit anything out about her own mother.

deceased

He frozed on his spot when he read that, may she eternally rest in peace though. 

Back to reality though, he is already walking down on his way to his favourite coffee shop since it's weekend and he deserves to relax every once in a while from all the lesson plans and visual aids making stress that he's been doing for the whole week. 

When he entered the shop he went straight to the counter to order his usual coffee and go to his usual favourite spot on the said place.

After paying for his coffee he hastily proceed to find to his usual spot to sit and relax, he was surprised to see Mr.Yoon or rather Dr.Yoon is sitting alone thers with his laptop and plate of untouched pasta and a cup of coffee, already losing its heat.

"Good day Mr.Yoon! We meet again." He enthusiastically greeted which almost made the brown haired doctor jump in surprise.

He held his chest and sighed in relief before greeting Seungcheol back and offering him the seat in front of him, "How's Jihyo in school?" 

"She is a smart kid, she learns easily according to her math teacher." He beamed, Jeonghan can't help but smile back too. He doesn't know why but this man's bubbliness is contagious, "that's good to hear" 

"That is GREAT to hear, especially she is a child of a great obstetrician." Seungcheol mused, Jeonghan flinched and avoided eye contact with the kindergarten teacher, "I am not that great" 

Seungcheol sensed Jeonghan's sudden change of mood, "sorry," he mumbled.

"No, it's okay. I just really as a father okay?"

"You're not that terrible, I mean you provide shelter and food for her, you're even sending her to a nice daycare with a handsome teacher like me." Seungcheol humoured out, which made Jeonghan stifle a genuine laugh. Seungcheol blushed when he realized how the man looks so attractive when he laughs like that. His heart started skipping a beat and he felt like his world stopped. 

 "You're a funny man Mr Choi." 

"You should laugh more, it suits you."

Jeonghan's cheeks turned a slight shade of pink and looked away, "Thanks" then suddenly Jeonghan remembered that his break time for today is only one hour. He checked his wrist watch and realized that he already spent more than an hour on the shop.

"Oh my god!" He exclaimed making Seungcheol jump from his seat too, "I have to get going now!" He said as he quickly fix his stuffs, and when he was about to go, Seungcheol grabbed his wrist, "Just one more thing before you go, please just call me, Seungcheol."

------------

Cliffhanger NYAHAHA! Please help me decide who will play the role of Jeonghan's late wife huhuhu also comments are greatly appreciated!