Family date

Blessing in disguise

Jeonghan felt his throat dried and he can't seem to speak but he felt his blood rushed up to his face and the temperature inside the room just turned indescribably hot, "You like me?" Jeonghan asked dumbly, still not believing what his pair of ears just heard.

Seungcheol nodded as he placed a warm kiss on Jeonghan's hand, "I know it sounds crazy because we barely know each other but.. I really do, please give me a chance to be a part of you and Jihyo's life, it's okay if you don't accept my love immediately as long as you'll let me take care of you and Jihyo."

Jeonghan froze on his seat but he eventually got over it and a genuine smile made its way on his perfectly shaped lips, he stood up and pulled Cheol with him, "well if you're okay with a slightly problematic single dad Mr.Choi..." He paused for a minute to study Seungcheol's kinda surprised fac, "I think after years of mourning I deserve to date again." Jeonghan chuckled as he look straight into Seungcheol's eyes dwelling into it.

"I don't care that single dad is hot," Seungcheol laughed a little before he received a slight hit on his chest from Jeonghan who is now pouting cutely at him, "stop doing that, I might not be able to restraint myself from kissing you." Seungcheol chuckled. They are so absurb with their staring session when they suddenly heard a cough, "did I interrupt something?"

It's Seungkwan.

Jeonghan blushed furiously and jumped apart from Cheol atleast 5 inches away and played with the hem of his shirt like a school girl, while the older man just scratched the back of his head.

"It's about time please take care of my hyung," Seungkwan laughed and gave Seungcheol a thumbs up.

"I promise." Seungcheol raised up his right hand as an indication that he vowed to take care of Jeonghan and Jihyo from now on.

---------------------------
"Are you serious? Do we really still have to tell him? I mean Mina is already dead and he's living peacefully now."

"He's still our friend though and my conscience is eating me alive, he deserves to know the truth."
--------------------------

"Where are we going today?" Jihyo asked her add as she studied herself from the mirror. She is wearing a cute pink dress and her hair is into pigtails with cute red ribbons adorning it on either sides. She clutched her stuffed toy tightly as she hop inside the car, she bounced herself on the car seats and her eyes twinkled in excitement.

"You'll see princess." Jeonghan laughed at his daughter's giddiness. He immediately followed her so that he could finally start driving.
-------------------
They arrived on a local amusement park 1 hour away from Jihyo's school. It was packed with people most especially families who are enjoying their sunday.

"Wow!" Jihyo screamed in awe, she traveled her eyes everywhere from the rides to the game booths filled with toys when suddenly a pair of huge hands blocked her eyesight.

"Guess who?"

"Uncle Kwannie?"

"Awww I am so upset that seems like my little Jihyo already forgot about her papa that fast." The little girl turned her head to check the owner of the voice and she instantly gasped when she saw her teacher smiling at her, "Papa!"

Seungcheol quickly enveloped his arms around the child as Jeonghan gave him a warm smile. He can't explain this unexplainable feeling that he feels whenever he is hugging Jihyo, as if though the little girl was really his. Well he'll be his step daughter soon anyways if everything goes out well for him and Jeonghan.

"Did you like my princess? We're going to have a date today with papa." Jeonghan tapped his index finger on the top of his daughter's buttoned nose.

"Ofcourse! Can I please ride a carousel now!"

Jeonghan and Seungcheol felt themselves being dragged by Jihyo towards the direction of the carousel. The kid hastily lined up while Jeonghan and Seungcheol decided to stand up on a certain spot to wait for Jihyo's turn so they could take pictures of her.

"It's her first time visiting an amusement park I guess." Seungcheol started the conversation, Jeonghan suddenly sighed. He just realized now how much Jihyo is missing a lot of stuffs in her childhood because he's a horrible father, "it's my fault."

Seungcheol placed his index finger on the top of Jeonghan's mouth, silencing him, "stop blaming yourself okay? You've been through worse and I understand what's important now is that you're making it up to her," then he felt the older man's hand on the top of his hand giving it a light squeeze, "thank you.."

"Stop being emo now! You should smile more often it suits you."

"Daddy! Papa!" It's Jihyo riding one of the horses in the carousel waving her right hand to Seungcheol and Jeonghan. The two waved back at her as Seungcheol started taking pictures of her through his DSLR cam that he brought with him.

"It's a good thing that she doesn't get dizzy easily on rides like her mother." The doctor said softly, Seungcheol blinked his eyes when he heard that, "Your late wife?"

Jeonghan hummed in response.

Flashback

Seungcheol and a woman about the same age as him, a few inches shorter than him are riding inside a ferris wheel.

"The view of whole Seoul can be seen from here." The woman said with amusement evident in her voice.

"Did you like it?" He asked, he encircled his arms around her waist afterwards as they look at the view together when suddenly the woman put her hand on her head.

"What's wrong?"

The woman placed a hand on while her other hand is still resting on her head.

"Hey! Are you okay babe?"

"I'm sorry... I forgot to mention you that I have a sligt motion sickness especially to rides.."

End of flashback

"Cheol?"

"Oh sorry!"

"You were spacing out for a whole minute." Jeonghan worriedly looked at Seungcheol, and the older man quickly noticed the younger man's worry so he flashed him with gummy smile for reassurance.

"I'm okay! Shall we enjoy this day?"

"Yeah.."
----------------------
It's already past 8 in the midnight, Jeonghan is already tucking Jihyo on her bed. She legitly passed out the moment they stepped their feet on the house. The trio went home at Yoon's residence right after they ate dinner at a family restaurant nearby the amusement park.

"Did you enjoy?" Seungcheol asked out of nowhere while watching Jeonghan comb his daughter's hair with his hands.

"Of course, it's been awhile since I had a leisure time like this, thank you so much for making this day memorable for the both Jihyo and I," Jeonghan stood up and motioned Seungcheol to follow him on the balcony at Jihyo's room.

"It also makes me happy to get to know you more though I am happy that you are opening up to me little by little."

"You make me happy.." Jeonghan blurted out of no where, he placed his arms on the railings as his attention went to the star above the night sky.

"What?"

"You make me happy Cheol, thank you." This time Jeonghan faced him and he timidly gave him a hug which Seungcheol returned in no time.