Papa

Blessing in disguise

Yaay! A new update haha! I get enough inspirations by reading the comments, so please do leave a comment always after reading the story~ it motivates me to give quicker updates. Also opened a poll for you guys to vote who suits to play as the role of Jeonghan's late wife since I'll be needing her on flashback parts for the future chapters! Thank you so much without further ado let's get it on with the story.

---------------------

Jeonghan carefully entered the spacious room of his daughter, it's walls were painted with baby pink and baby blue colors so as the cute bed sheets that her baby sitter probably bought for her. 

The room is dark with only the cute lampshade on her nightstand and small glint of moonlight peeping on the windows covered by the curtains serve as a source of light to see his daughter's sleeping face. She is slightly snoring, which Jihyo undoubtedly inherited it from her mother

It's already twelve o'clock in the midnight no doubt that little Jihyo is already sleeping peacefully hugging her giraffe stuffed toy that Jeonghan gave to her on her third birthday.

"It's still your favourite toy?" He asked to specifically no one, as he sat near her. He brushed away some strands covering her daughter's face so that she can take a good look on her face. It's been two years since he last did this. His fragile heart just couldn't take it, everytime he sees her he is being reminded of his own failure to save his wife from a stupid eclampsia. He loves his daughter, there's no doubt about that but he is still not ready to face the truth. The truth that his wife is already gone.

"It's nearly been six years hyung, Jihyo needs you." A voice said, without turning his back Jeonghan perfectly know it's Seungkwan, his adoptive little brother, Seungkwan was taken in by his family when he was at age of Jihyo, the little boy lost his family at an early age due to car crash accident and the Yoons are a close friend of theirs so Jeonghan's mother had taken the custody of Seungkwan without thinking twice.

"I know Kwan, it's just I am not ready yet..." Jeonghan said softly as he caressed his daughter's face.

"Then when will you accept the truth that she is gone? She is already gone and forever will be, she won't come back to you anymore." Seungkwan answered as he leaned on the door frame with his arms crossed.

Jeonghan stood up from the bed and made eye contact with Seungkwan, "instead of prying over my own business, I suggest you to finish your thesis already or you won't be able to graduate." 

"Hyung, you know I am just concerned, Jihyo's been asking me constantly why do you don't like spending time with her." The younger man placed a hand on his forehead while shaking it slightly, "Please think about this.. Give it a chance and move on now that'll make you more happy, that'll make both of you and Jihyo happy." 

Maybe Seungkwan is right but he doesn't know where to start? 
------------------------
It's already their third week of school and everything's going okay with Seungcheol, Jihyo who happens to be his most stubborn student before instantly became attached to him, since the kid always reason out that she see him more as a father than her biological father because he always pamper her, but Seungcheol never gets tired of reminding Jihyo that her daddy Jeonghan loves him that he is just busy to secure her future. 

The teacher knows it himself that there is another reason but no.1 he won't tell it to the child because she barely understand adult matters yet and no.2 he doesn't know what is really going on and it's really none of his business unless Dr.Yoon opened it up to him voluntarily. Jihyo is already starting to smile and he is discovering her sweet side more and more each day, in other words the kid already grew inside his heart.

"One.. Two.. Three.!" Seungcheol counted energetically as he made jump and jacks with his little students on the school grounds, they've been doing tons of different exercises since the class started. Seems like all of the kids are enjoying it of course, except for Jihyo again but this time she's not joining the fun not because she is not feeling it but rather because her lips are quivering and her face is so pale, worry ultimately taken over Seungcheol's body as he saw the girl holding her forehead as she sat on the ground, squeezing her eyes shut, catching for air to breathe.

"Okay kids let's take a break for awhile!" Seungcheol announced and the students obediently followed his instructions, sitting on the ground while wiping their own faces with their face towels.

The teacher quickly approached the struggling little girl and rubbed her back, "Are you okay sweetheart?" He asked softly, but after the question came out to his mouth the child automatically fainted on his arms.

"Jihyo!" 
------------------------
 "Where's Wonwoo hyung?" Seokmin asked as he saw Jeonghan fixing his labcoat, chatting with the other doctors about something.

"Oh, he's on the delivery room." Jeonghan replied.

"I just wanna welcome him back after his successful honeymoon trip with Mingyu eh," the young nurse said as he give Jeonghan his toothy grin, Jeonghan was about to say something back when his phone started vibrating on his pants' pocket, slightly alarming him. He checked the caller I.D and it's from an unknown number making him raise his eyebrow, however he still answered it after muttering a small 'excuse me to seokmin' 

"Hello Dr. Yoon Jeonghan speaking, may I--" 

"Enough with the pleasantries this is Seungcheol and Jihyo is on the hospital right now, we're on the E.R building of--"

Jeonghan felt like his grip on his own cellphone loosen and his body froze on the spot as worry takes over his whole body.

"Seoul General Hospital?" 

"Yeah!" 

And that's it the brunette doctor quickly ran to the next building to check his daughter's condition.

------------------------

When Jeonghan arrived he was glad that Seungcheol was there to company him atleast and he was surprised to see the man to have the same worried look as him, Seungcheol said that Jihyo was transferred to a private room especially when the doctors discovered the she is the daughter of one of the hospital's famous obstetrician.

As soon as the E.R doctor saw Jeonghan he immediately informed him that Jihyo is already okay but she has to stay for a week or so, so that they could still observe, much as to Seungcheol and Jeonghan's relief, she  happens to be anemic and the doctor gave Jeonghan the list of medicine and vitamins she should take to treat her disease.

When the doctor was already away Jeonghan harshly leaned his back on the white walls of the empty hosptil hallways slapping his hand on his forehead, "This is all my fault, for being careless... I am a doctor myself but I can't even take care of my own child's health." Tears started flowing out of his eyes when he suddenly felt a huge pair of arms wrapped around him, he was surprised at first but he soon wrapped his arms back.

"You can cry on my shoulder Dr.Yoon," Seungcheol softly whispered as he rubbed Jeonghan's back soothingly, "and please stop blaming yourself for everything.." 

It took them a few minutes to broke apart and Seungcheol offered Jeonghan his handkerchief, which Jeonghan quickly rejected which made Seungcheol voluntarily wipe the tears on the doctor's tears stricken face, "I'm sorry if I hugged you all of a sudden, it's just I can't really bear it whenever I see someone sad." 

"No, you actually made me feel better Mr-- I mean Seungcheol. Thanks for being a great teacher to my little princess." 

When he said his name, his voice automatically became like music to his ears and Seungcheol can't explain why he is feeling like this for the brunette. He gulped when he felt a lump starting to form on his throat.

"It's not a problem! She's also my accountability you know as her second father in the school." 

Jeonghan gave Seungcheol a warm smile, "I have decided that I will try my best from now on to be a better father... But.." 

Jeonghan blushed and the teacher gave him a pat of reassurance on his shoulder indicating that whatever it might he'll be supporting him.

"But I don't know where to start...."

Seungcheol smiled.

"Let me help you about it then..." 

"Really?"

"Yeah.." Seungcheol chuckled and scratched the back of his head, "so should we come inside and check on Jihyo now?" 

Jeonghan nodded.

As they entered the room the brunette softly walk towards his daughter, he saw her fragile little form lying on the bed with a dextrose connected to her nose to give her oxygen. He sat on the chair beside the hospital bed and started his daughter's hair, placing a warm kiss on her forehead, "I'm sorry if daddy was being an awful daddy, but I promise from now on I'll try my best to make it up for you okay? I love you so so so much my only princess." 

A sudden warmth surrounded Jeonghan, he feels like his late wife is watching him right now giving her a warm smile like what she used to give him when she was still alive. 

Seungcheol watched Jeonghan and he can't but wonder how does it feel like have an own child to call yours. It's not like his students are inadequate but he really wants to have an own kid someday, his real flesh and blood, sadly he can't have that.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard Jihyo's little voice whisper a small, "Daddy?" 

"Yes it's daddy.." Jeonghan smiled and enclosed Jihyo's little hand with his.

"Where's Papa?" 

"Papa?" Jeonghan's perfectly shaped eyebrows furrowed and he felt Seungcheol's footsteps behind him.

"Papa's here." Seungcheol waved at Jihyo cutely and the little girl smiled a little showing off her dimples. Jeonghan raised an eyebrow, "It's a long story, I'll explain it to you some other time Dr--"

"Just Jeonghan. Jeonghan is fine." 

"Jeonghan."

"I want ice cream papa." Jihyo mumbled.

"After we go out of here okay? Papa will buy you lots of ice cream but for now your daddy is here too and he wants to spend time with too, isn't that what you wanted?" Seungcheol placed both of his hands on either sides of Jeonghan's shoulder because he felt him tensed, probably nervous on how will his own daughter react to him.

"Is that true d-daddy?" She asked weakly but you can see the glint of  excitement in her eyes.

"Yes, it's true princess."

Jihyo gave him a tired but wide smile making Jeonghan genuinely happy that he started crying again but this time with tears of joy. Seungkwan is right. He should finally let go of the past so he can live happily on the present. 

He doesn't know where to start but he is happy that there are people out there who are willing to help him, especially this kindergarten teacher of Jihyo named Seungcheol.

He can't explain this feeling of comfort that he gets whenever the man is around him. He can feel as if  all of his problems can be eased by just looking at those attractive eyes that shows a lot of sincere care and concern. He can't grasp for answers right but all he knows is the fact that Seungcheol makes him happy and he is grateful to meet him.

Please leave comments and don't forget to vote on the poll below!