Meeting you for the first time

Blessing in disguise

Seungcheol carefully placed his lesson plan on his newly furnished teacher's desk, he can't help but chuckle a little as he wander his eyes around the classroom that will be his second home for the whole class school year.

This year is very special for him since this will be his very first time to have an advisory class, he will finally have a group of children that he could call like his own. 'My own children' he bitterly whispered to himself but quickly brushed it off, he can't let negativities get the best of him on the first day of school especially he will teach a bunch of innocent kids who aren't even aware with the problems of the world yet.

A few more minutes after his long wait, several parents with their kids started entering the room. He made sure that he greeted and smiled to each one of them to give assurance that he will really take good care of their kids.

His students weren't that hard to handle, he is quite thankful that they are all well behaved, polite and obedient. He checked his rosters of students for the last time before starting the class, it's a blessing that all of them are wearing name plates, showing their surnames so he won't have to go through the trouble of asking them of their family names one by one. He blinked, he has twenty students according to the class roster but only nineteen names have checks, he placed the attendance sheet on the desk and started his head count with the students to double check if he was just being careless and just missed someone but unfortunately there were only nineteen students. He scratched the back of his head and reread the names of his students on his class roster. He squinted his eyes and called out, "Is Yoon Jihyo here?"

"And that would be me..." A little girl about the age of five spatted with such venom in her tone as she barged inside the classroom without even greeting her class adviser. She threw her bag on the empty chair and sat on it with her arms crossed.

Seungcheol shook his head, maybe not all of his students aren't well behaved and polite after all, this will gonna be a long year of him, his long patience is about to tested. Well these kind of stuffs were to be expected afterall if you're a teacher, so having a short temper if you chose this profession is a big 'No'. What makes him wonder though is the fact that the kid named Jihyo entered the classroom alone without any parent or guardian supervising her, how in the world she knows her designated classroom though? she must be really smart for her age if she knows her room no. He sighed and decided to let it slide for today, he needs to get his work done and this certain moody kid isn't only his students. He inhaled deeply before plastering a wide smile on his face, "Good morning children~ I'm teacher Choi Seungcheol but you can call me teacher Cheol and I will be your P.E teacher but I will also be your school adviser for the whole year~ " He happily announced as all of the children around him started greeting him joyfully, except for one kid. She is frowning on the side showing no interest on whatever he's discussing in front, he decided to ignore her again maybe she's just shy and will probably started to mingle with the others later, "Because I already introduced myself, why don't you introduce yourselves this time class, so we'll get to know each other, isn't that great? Having new friends is great right?" He smiled genuinely while clapping his hands together and the whole class seems liked the idea but Jihyo wasn't paying attention again so he decided to call her name so that she'll know that she's very much welcome to join their fun.

"Little Miss Yoon, why don't you start it?" He suggested and gave her a huge grin but instead of standing up and returning his smile, he received a loud 'HMP' and a glare as she turned her attention back on the window. This kid really has a problem and he should talk with her alone later, after class.

Today was indeed tiring but fulfilling too at the same time. The whole day went smoothly for Seungcheol and he never felt so satisfied like this before in his life. The joy he gets from making children happy is really indeed priceless and that reminds him of his little assignment with little Miss Yoon.

As the parents started fetching up their own children. He noticed Jihyo fixing her own stuffs and fully ready to go out of the classroom so he quickly blocked her way so she won't be able to escape, "Miss Yoon we have to talk!" He sternly said, he doesn't want to use that tone as much as possible but in this case that's the only way to make her follow him.

"Miss Yoon.." He repeated, this time in a soft and calm tone as he pulled her softly near her and sat on her eye level so he could talk with her sincerely. She bit her lip and started playing with her feet, avoiding any form of eye contact with him.

"You can freely tell me what's bothering you, why are you acting like that earlier hmm? Are you feeling okay--" he was cut of in his mid sentence.

"Why do you care?! Daddy doesn't even care about me." She bitterly said as her tiny pouty lips started quivering and tears started to form on the brink of her eyes threatening to fall on her cute rosy cheeks.

Seungcheol was taken aback with that response and he was speechless for a few seconds. He got over it sooner or later and started wiping the tears of the kid with the back of his palm, "Shhh that's not true, I am sure that your daddy loves you." He said with a soothing tone,
Enveloping the kid with his arms for a huge embrace. Jihyo didn't respond for a while before she hugged him back. He rubbed her back and let her cry on his shoulder for a good two minutes before they hear someone speak, interrupting them from whatever they were doing.

"Jihyo." Seungcheol's ears perked up and followed the direction of the soft voice and he saw a brown haired man with attractive features on the door way. His mouth went agape for awhile, and he blinked twice to make sure that he is seeing it right. The said man looks so good to be true but however he indeed true, a real human being.

He is probably around his age and his face lacks of emotion. He bowed down in front of him, "Good day! You must be Jihyo's teacher" he greeted with a faint smile. Seungcheol quickly stood up and returned the gesture, then it quickly hit him this man is the father of the little girl who is currently clinging on his leg as if her dear life depends on it.

"Good day too Mr.Yoon I just talked with Jihyo because she--" 

Jihyo distangled herself from Seungcheol's leg in a haste and started running out of the classroom, "Jihyo wait--" Seungcheol was about to chase after the kid when the brown haired man stopped him which made him confused, he is the father after all, shouldn't he be more worried?

"Let her.. She'll go straight to our car and our driver is there so no worries." He said, Seungcheol is still feeling worried though he believes that the brown haired man knows better.

"I am Yoon Jeonghan by the way and I am sure that you already know that I am her father" He introduced with a small smile again adorning his beautiful lips.

What the hell are you thinking Seungcheol?

He thought and quickly brushed it away.

"Choi Seungcheol, Her teacher" he simply replied. Jeonghan sighed and looked at Seungcheol with a sad expression, "Please bear with her, I know I lack as a father, I always keep myself busy and I barely have time for her."

Seungcheol was kind of confused to be honest and wanted to ask more questions but that's none of his business already and he perfectly knows how to respect privacy, so he just gave Jeonghan a smile and the other acknowledged it with a nod.

"Don't worry Mr.Yoon I'll try my very best to make her active on class, she's a very cute kid afterall, no doubt where her good genes came from." He let out a small laugh to lighten the mood but Jeonghan just awkwardly smiled at him and he doesn't know why.

They both blushed when they realized they were looking straight into each other's eyes which made Jeonghan cough uncomfortably, "I better get going now." He muttured.

"It was nice meeting you Mr Choi." Jeonghan gave him a light tap on the shoulder.

"Likewise, Mr. Yoon." Seungcheol cheekily smiled for the hundredth time today before Jeonghan completely turned his back and started walking away.

Unbeknowns them that they'll play a big role on each other's lives soon.

---------------

Please leave a comment after you read~ I'd love read them and they also motivate me to write more chapters. Thank you!