Chapter nine : Uncontrolable

Across the bridge

"Bobby wake up, he said, we need to talk."

"Let’s do it tomorrow..."

"No let’s do it now."

"Why are you angry ?"

 

Jiwon realized he himself was angry, for no obvious reason, but he was in control, lately, with Hyewon’s help he was much more in control than before, she was his daily challenge to control his emotions, if he had let them overwhelm him, he would probably had rapped her more than once, or just killed her out of anger. The demon inside him was... craving, for this little human.

 

"How long is this going to continue Bobby ?"

"What ? Jiwon laughed not fully awake, what are you talking about Hanbin ?"

"Hyewon, how long are you going to use her ?"

"I’m not using her, I’m seeing her, remember you told me to see someone."

"A professionnal."

"Well she could be one hell of a..."

 

He didn’t finished his sentence, Hanbin’s fist went straight to his face, he was so surprised he wasn’t even angry, he touched his cheek, it burned a little because of the pain. He looked into Hanbin’s eyes and realized he was furious.

 

"Bobby ! She is my friend ok ? My very long time friend, she is like a sister to me and I hate the way you treat her."

"I don’t treat her wrong."

"You don’t treat her well either. She deserves better."

"Better than me ?"

"Maybe ! I thought you would make her happy ! That’s why I didn’t said anything, but you’re only using her I can see that, please end it."

"What if I don’t want to ?"

"Think about it Bobby before you do something stupid."

 

Hanbin went to his bed and didn’t said anything more. Jiwon couldn’t believe it, or understand it, it was like a part of his brain was off.

During the night, Haven visited him again, or led him to her dreams.

 

"Jiwon, I miss you... It’s harder to get to you I hate it."

"Me too."

"Really ?"

"yeah."

"I doesn’t look like you mean it, she hit his chest, you don’t love me anymore I can feel it !"

"What are you talking about ?!"

 

Lately he was getting angry even in his dreams, he wanted to hit her so bad, he had to wake himself up not to. Why was Haven never letting him sleep ? He was constantly on his nerves because of the lack of sleep.

 

The next night, he called Hyewon again despite Hanbin’s request.

But just in case, he took her out of the school for dinner, he let her talk, he didn’t really listen to what she had to say, but her voice was like a melody that helped him stay human. If every morning he was anxious, angry, ready to slay someone’s throat, every night after spending a moment with Hyewon, his human side was stronger, and helped him fell asleep.

 

"Can you stay tonight ? He said."

"Of course. I stayed before. Why ? Ready for a second round ?"

"No just... Can you just... talk ?"

 

Even if Hyewon thought it was a little unusual she didn’t said anything, he looked tired, desperate, so she kissed his cheek and started to talk about sciences. Until he fell asleep, she stayed awake and kissed his shoulders, his back, trying to help him rest. She just couldn’t help it, something inside of her wanted that boy to be happy. She would have done anything to give him that.

 

He slept with her and fell asleep holding her body against his, sometimes he liked her staying with him, her warm body against his, her soft skin... But that night he had a dream again.

This time Haven was blurry, he could only guess it was her, her voice was hard to hear, like a whisper.

 

"You forgot me, she said, replaced me."

"No... Haven you are the... the only one... You...."

"LIAR !"

 

This word was very neat, but it wasn’t coming from Haven’s mouth, it was coming from an other women’s mouth, a girl he had never seen before, not himself.... He saw her through his brother’s memories. She was screaming, she had a knife, why ? Was she attacking him ?

 

"Jiwon, focus on me ! Haven said, why don’t you listen to me ?"

"Haven... I can’t hear you well I... Where are you ?"

"Jiwon someone is between us. Kill her !"

 

In his dream, Jiwon grabbed the unknown girl’s neck.

 

"Kill her Jiwon ! Kill her !"

 

"Bobby !! Bobby stop ! BOBBY BOBBY BOBBY"

 

He opened his eyes, he was out of his bed, on his feets, holding Hyewon by her neck against the wall, he had started to stranggle her. He instantly let go of her and made a step back. She was still against the wall, terrified, starring at him like if he was a monster.

 

"You’re a monster, whispered a wicked voice in his head, you can’t change that. But they will never accept it. Humans...."

 

He sat on the bed, he tried to kill her ?

 

"Bobby... ? She said finally, one hand on her neck, I... what... Happened... ?"

"What ?"

"You suddenly.. We were sleeping and you pushed me out of the bed, I hit your desk and then you went after me, your eyes were all white like your pupil was gone and... You were stranggling me and … Bobby are you sick ?"

"What... ?"

"These kind of things don’t just happen..."

"Maybe they do."

"Bobby please talk to me... I, she started to sob, I need you to tell me what’s going on..."

"Nothing. He grits his teeths, nothing, just go."

"Bobby you just tried to kill me don’t just tell me to go !"

"I don’t care about what you feel Hyewon, I don’t care about what you need ! Just go !"

 

She left and he hit the wall with his fist. He wasn’t just angry, for the first time in years an other emotion was overwhelming him, in a way he never experienced before. It was fear. Fear was making him shake, fear that maybe, afterall, he wasn’t as good as his family wanted him to be.

After that day he didn’t spoke to her, he didn’t answered her text or her calls, he didn’ even looked at her. He didn’t called his family either, he cut himself from everyone, seeking for lonely places, looking for answers in books.