Chapter seven : Control

Across the bridge

 

Seunghyun pushed him away and got on his feets.

 

"You should have saw me coming, don’t let your ennemy get you on the floor ! I told you that many times !"

"What are you doing here ?"

"I went looking for you. Your uncle told me you weren’t coming back."

"He asked me not too."

"I know, he thinks you are safer among humans."

"Safe from what ?"

"Evil spirits. It seems your aunt had found something about what killed your family."

"She found something ?! Why didn’t she called ? I can help !"

"No, I can’t even beat me so an evil spirit that killed your very well trained parents ? You can’t avange them if you are dead, you can’t protect yourself or anyone else."

"I don’t need protection !"

"Thinking that way will get you killed ! How is your self control lately ? Bad right ?"

"Yes but... It’s just this week.."

"You need to control yourself or they will find you !"

 

Jiwon sighed, he didn’t liked talking with Seunghyun, he was always obsessing about safety.

 

"What about Jaebeom ?"

"What about him ?"

"Did you saw him lately ?"

"Yes, Seunghyun sighed, and yes he is not answering you on purpose."

"Could have guessed that myself. Why ?"

"he didn’t told me. Your brother..."

 

"Bobby ?"

 

They both turned towards Hanbin who stoped when he saw Bobby wasn’t alone.

 

"Go apologize to your friend, Seunghyun said with a smile, I just wanted to see you, to tell you we didn’t forget about you, you are not alone ok ? Just endure it a little more."

"No... Don’t leave now ! You can’t just pop up and leave ! Seunghyun !"

 

But Seunghyun didn’t cared and left despite Jiwon’s begging. Jiwon sighed and he felt Hanbin’s hand on his shoulder.

 

"Bobby ?"

"I’m sorry."

"I Know."

 

The next day Hanbin left the dorm and Jiwon was left alone, he knew that to stay focused he had to train, so he did one thing he hated more than the other, he went to the swimming pool. No one was ever here, their swimming team had mooved to a better location, so this pool was mostly used by sport teachers. And they weren’t here. Jiwon could sit under the water, and focus on his emotions, it was easier under water, even if it reminded him of the time he got attacked. He couldn’t breath under water but the urge to breath was similar to the urge to let his anger get out, it had to be dealed with with a quiet mind.

 

"You are stronger than that Jiwon, his aunt taught him long ago, your emotions need to be controled by you. They are your strengh Jiwon, use it to make yourself stronger, not to make the other miserable, use your anger to be better than the others ! Hold on to your human side ! Don’t let the demon blood get the best out of you !"

 

He got out of the water and breathed in, he had to get out of the water, it was always painful, control was painful, it was more comfortable to just let his emotions overwhelm him.

He kept training all day until his skin couldn’t bare the contact of water anymore. He went back to change and realized he had left his phone near the pool. He went to see but stopped hearing voices.

 

"Stop it ! I don’t like it when you are like this..."

 

It was Hyewon’s voice, he couldn’t saw her, who was she talking too ? He didn’t wanted to interrupt, but he still needed his phone...

 

"I said stop ! Why are you even here ? Are you watching me ?"

 

No one answered, was she even with someone ?

 

"No... Don’t... Don’t get any closer... That’s enough ! She screamed, a scream full of anxiety, you are scaring me please stop ! NO ! NO NO DON’T STOP IT"

 

Hearing her scream like this made Jiwon get out of the dark, he looked at the pool, Hyewon had fell in the pool and for some reason she was drawning, he didn’t thought about who had pushed her and he jumped in the water to get her out of here. Didn’t she knew how to swim ? He helped her get out of the water and lied her down on the floor.

 

"Hyewon ?"

 

She was still in panic, she kept throwing up water, unable to breath in, shaking, her eyes couldn’t see him, like if she wasn’t here.

So Jiwon got her arm around her, like his uncle used to do when he was sad or angry, and he held her, slowly she let go of her fear and her body lyied down on his.

 

"It’s alright Hyewon. You’re safe now."

"Bobby... Bobby I don’t... I don’t understand..."

"It’s ok Hyewon."

 

Jiwon’s heart was beating faster than it should, he feared an anger episode, but it wasn’t that.

 

"He was here... He was here and he was so.. Different, just like that day..."

"Who ?"

"Taemin, he was here."

 

Jiwon frowned, he hadn’t saw anyone leave, and why would her ex boyfriend push her in the water, probably knowing she couldn’t swim.

 

"He left."

"I know, she hold his arm around her and he guessed she was crying."

"He won’t hurt you anymore. I promise."

 

They stayed on the floor for a while before going back to the dorm. Hyewon went to her room to change her clothes because hers were all wet, just as Jiwon’s, when he went back outside it was night, Hyewon was waiting for him. She was wearing simple blue jeans and a striped sweater.

 

"Bobby do you want to have dinner with me ?"

 

She said that before he could speak or ask her anything about earlier.

 

"What ? He answered."

"I’ll pay, I want to thank you for today."

"You don’t have too, you helped me yesterday too. And before. You helped me many times during high school."

"Please, have dinner with me Bobby. I know a nice place."

 

All of this was in the past, but he remembered it very well, perfectly well actually. How after that dinner, things changed for him, it seemed that women were the ones to change the curse of his life. But Hyewon, she really was special. They spend time together, all the holidays actually. Every day they would eat together, study together, go out together. Until he finally fell safe around her. They were playing in the snow, in the dark, he slipt and fell, but he caught her and she fell with him. They were both on the snow, looking into each other’s eyes, it felt like the perfect time when she kissed him.