The end

Across the bridge

Jiwon and Hyewon went back to school after that, they were able to finish highschool without more incidents. They went to different colleges but stayed together. Jiwon wouldn’t admit it to anyone, but his feelings were growing stronger. And everytime he thought of it, Haven’s words came back to his head. Was he weaker because of his love for Hyewon ?

She knew who he was, he told her everything because he couldn’t just explain what happened at the hospital by lies. And she would have known he was lying anyway.

It took Hyewon some time to understand it all.

 

"Hey babe, she drove Jiwon away from his thoughts with a smile, you ok ?"

"Yes, much better now that you’re here."

 

He was waiting for her at coffee place, she smiled, her eyes giving Jiwon the feeling he was loved, for the first time in his life.

 

"Any news from your family ?"

 

Since she knew the truth she had been much more involved in his "other life".

 

"My aunt said to stay calm and... discret."

"And you are going to do so right ?"

 

Jiwon sighed, for someone rather new to all of this she was behaving like most of them, asking him to stay aside from danger.

 

"And Taemin ?"

"His family hasn’t seen him in months, she sighed, do you still think he is alive ?"

"I think the spirit needs him alive, he is stronger than a corpse."

"If you say so."

 

Jiwon felt her pain and he put his hand on her back, kissing her cheek.

 

"I promise, if it’s possible to save him we will. I know you still care about him."

"I just don’t want anyone to die. I’m not ready to see someone die."

"Me neither... I think I’ve seen enough deaths for a lifetime."

"What about your brother ? Any news ?"

 

Jiwon sighed, that was the mysterious part no one would answer, he had started to give up, his aunt wouldn’t tell him anything, his uncle didn’t knew anything, and Jaebeom wouldn’t answer his calls nor would he let him inside his head. He tried once more to get inside, but this time he could just catch a feeling, not even see a memory, he could feel his brother’s anger pushing him away, so he wished at some point Jaebeom would just come back on his own.

 

"I’m sorry, Hyewon said, I know it’s painful for you to think about him..."

 

He took her in his arms and kissed her forehead, everything was so fast in their lives, for three years he wouldn’t even look at her, and now she was the most important person in his life...

 

He should have known he thought, he should have seen it coming.

It happened two months later, a night when they were walking home from the restaurant, holding hands.

 

He felt it, the cold, even Hyewon felt it, and she suddenly couldn’t breath.

 

"Hyewon ? Hyewon look at me, it’s going to be fine, breath !"

"She can’t."

 

He turned and saw Haven. She was standing there alone, her once long beautiful long hair were cut, and her beautiful smiled changed, she had sharpened her teeth.

 

"Haven.. ? What are you doing ?"

"What has to be done. Jiwon you are useless. Your parents were killed and you lost your powers, you finally got them back but instead of training them, making them grow, you put a leash on yourself and gave it to this human."

"Haven.... Let her go."

"Or what ? What will you do ? You are as weak as before !"

"Let’s find out !"

 

He ran towards her ready to hit her but she disappeared. She was next to Hyewon now, touching the cheek of the young girl who get to breath in a little.

 

"I’m going to keep her alive ok ? So she can suffer a little while watching you fighting. Maybe she will get to see your real form."

"This is my real form."

"Oh no, I’ve seen how you look like a demon, I’ve seen the future and it’s beautiful ! Jiwon you were meant to lead our people out of the shadows, together we will make a new go era, I’ve seen it !"

"I don’t want to build anything with you."

"Oh but you will, once we wake up evil inside you !"

 

Haven suddenly broke one of Hyewon’s fingers, the girl screamed out of pain, that screamed sounded annoying to Haven, so she broke an other finger, starring at Jiwon, his anger was coming out. He ran to them but Haven was still faster, she was using all of her powers.

 

"Let her go !"

"As you wish !"

 

She was on a building, she pushed Hyewon from it, Jiwon only caught her because he got faster than humans, his arms and legs were burning him.

 

"That’s it Jiwon, loose control ! Are you angry ?! Do you feel how strong you are ?"

"Bobby..."

 

Jiwon growled but stopped hearing Hyewon’s voice. She was in his arms and she smiled.

 

"I’m fine. Go..."

 

He put her on the floor and followed Haven.

Hyewon looked at them, they were too fast for her eyes, she knew Jiwon was using his powers, but he wasn’t using them fully, because he was scared. She remembered went they talked about it.

 

"Why didn’t you killed Taemin ? She once asked him, If I got it well you should be stronger than him, even if the spirit inside is strong it must be using half of it strenght controling Taemin."

"I’m not as strong as him."

"Of course you are... You should be if you used both of your powers."

"I can’t."

"Why ?"

"Both lead to me... loosing my mind, when I travel with my spirit I must always be in a safe place, otherwise I could stay stuck between my body and my brother’s or... just someone else’s."

"What about that demon force you have ?"

"I also have to control myself when I use it, if I use it too much, I can’t hold on to my human side. It’s like a dream I would just run around killing everything until I wake up. "

"How do you wake up ?"

"Sometimes someone helps, someone it’s just pain or something that make you come back but... I haven’t lived it a lot for a while, I don’t want to."

"Are you scared of hurting someone ?"

"Yes, my family, friends... you."

"Me ?"

"You’re human Hyewon."

"I’m tough don’t worry."

"If I throw you threw this window, how likely are you to survive ?"

"Not... Much."

"I would do far worse, I would start by making sure you can’t moove, I would cut the muscles in your legs and arms. Once you can’t moove, I would probably....open your stomach..."

"My stomach ?"

"After that I would... start to... feed on you, while you’re still alive, you would feel everything... Everyt bite, scratch... I would eat you alive."

 

Was he already lost ? She got on her feets, it had started to rain, probably the witches will.

 

"Bobby ? Can you hear me ? Bobby are you still here ?"

 

She saw them, one of them was one the floor, the other was above him, holding a knife. She recognized the witch.

 

"BOBBY !"

 

Her screamed echoed through the street. But it was too late, the blade was almost on his throat, when suddenly...out of nowhere a wolf jumped on the witch and made her hand moove the other way. The blade still went deep inside Jiwon’s body. The blood started to flow on the pavement.

 

"Bobby !!"

 

Something held her back from running towards him. Something strong, something too strong, and something she could smell was dead. She threw up, just the smell of it was hard to support, but the sight of this body half rotten... Jiwon was still on the floor, the witch had been bitten by the wolf and she was following it.

 

"What have you done ?! WHY ?!"

 

She had an other blade in her hand, she threw him at the wolf, it penatrate deeply the flesh, almost straight to the heart.

 

"Why Seunghyun ?! WHY ?"

"You’re an evil creature Haven... I had to stop you..."

"I’m doing this for us..."

"You’re doing this for you...."

"I didn’t wanted to kill you..."

"I’m glad I’m taking you with me."

"no... NO "

 

Seunghyun was human again, he didn’t dare take out of the blade from his body, he just watched Haven agonizing pain, his bite would have turned her into a warewolf like him if she had been human, but she wasn’t, to her, the bite was poison.

The moment she died the corpse let go of Hyewon and she was able to go near Bobby. He was still bleeding, but worse, his spirit was gone.

 

"Bobby open your eyes, you need to get up and fight."

 

He didn’t answered.

 

"Bobby, please wake up ! Listen to my voice you need to come back !"

 

The corpse inhabited by evil was Taemin, he turned towards the couple, his ally was dead, but he could still fight. He started to walk towards them.

 

"Bobby wake up !"

 

She shaked his body, screaming his name.

 

"Bobby !! No... JIWON ! JIWON WAKE UP !"

 

Jiwon remembered one time they spend together.

 

"If we had kids, would they be like you ?"

"Already thinking about having kids ? He laughed, I know I’m great but still..."

"It’s just a question !"

"I think they would be like me yeah, I mean, maybe less.. ? They would probably be more human than me.. Which I wish. Do you want to have children.. ever ?"

"Maybe one day, when I’m ready."

"Me too. We could... have them together."

 

"JIWON WAKE UP !"

 

"I love you Bobby."

"I love you too."

 

"JIWON PLEASE !"

 

"Why do you always call me Bobby ?"

"I don’t know, I guess it’s a feeling, do you want me to call you by your real name ?"

"I like Bobby. Somehow it feels... human."

 

Taemin was on them she covered Jiwon’s body with hers, it was useless, he kicked her so hard she hit the wall.

 

"Don’t touch him !"

 

"Are you afraid Bobby ?"

"Sometimes I am yes. But I’m happy you’re here with me."

"I feel....safe with you."

"I will always protect you."

 

Taemin stopped, he was about to kill Jiwon but the voice of Hyewon was too annoying, he wanted her dead too. It was easy. He caught her, lift her up and he stabbed her with the other hand, with the blade Haven had given him. He stabbed her twice. Then one more time, enjoying the pain of her face, enjoying the feeling he had when he took away lives. But then, suddenly he felt like his own life had been taken. He turned around to see Jiwon, on his feets, on of his hands had got through the dead body and was holding on his heart. He riped it from the body, and with it, withdrawl the spirit, he smashed the spirit in his fist like it had been a fly.

 

"Jiwon... ?"

 

This voice... He knew it. He slowly realized what was happening.

 

"Hyewon...Oh my... Hyewon..."

 

She was lying on the floor, with that undying smile on her lips.

 

"You did well, she said. i’m proud of you..."

"Hyewon... No... No no....You hold on to life babe... You..."

"It’s ok Jiwon, it’s ok."

"You never called me Jiwon before..."

"I’m sorry..."

"Don’t... Don’t be... Hyewon..."

"I’mfine..."

"I’m so sorry Hyewon... I’m going to save you, I promise I will..."

"Jiwon stop...She smiled one last time, I’m fine. I promise I... I am fine. I love you...and you’re here with me... so I am fine..."

 

Jiwon looked at the light in her eyes die out. She was gone.