Chapter five : Heavy memories

Across the bridge

"You are differents, his uncle told him once, you and your brother, you are not the same person, I know right now for you it’s hard to know when he ends and you begin, but you have your own personnality, you have to let yourself exist, you are not your brother. That’s why you are learning to cut yourself from the others. So is he."

 

Jiwon looked around him, no one was left in the hall, Hanbin was gone, Hyewon was gone, and the other students too, probably gone to the last class, and he would be late ! He ran to class and tried to ignore the cold look his teacher gave him. He sat on his usual spot, in the back near the window. Hanbin was just next to him taking notes, or pretending to take notes, but Jiwon didn’t cared, he looked at Jiwon’s shoulders, they were shaking, and he realized he had been too far, lately it was harder for him to control his emotions, partly because of Haven not being in his life anymore, partly because his uncle had call to cancel his coming back home for the holidays, and lastly because he was having nightmares for one week already. Hyewon was the first to leave the classroom, and Jiwon followed her, he had to repear the damages as soon as possible.

 

"Hyewon !"

 

She didn’t stopped and he sighed, it was too late, the holidays had started.

He said goodbye to a few classmates and joined Hanbin for a late training at the gym. He only trained because Hanbin insisted he did, he told him two years ago "I saw you shooting late this ball, so hard, you have such a huge strenght, you have to train ! Please come with me to the gym there are only seniors there I don’t want to go alone !"

Since that day Jiwon had to go at least three times a week to the gym, at first he hated it, but after a while he got used to it, and it even helped him to let go of his emotions, or his only latest emotion : anger.

 

"When are you leaving again ? Jiwon asked on the way to the cafeteria."

"In two days, will you be ok here ? Is your family going to visit you ?"

"I don’t know... I hope that my brother will come."

"Is he staying at his school too ?"

"I really don’t know..."

 

That night Jiwon dreamed about the accident, it wasn’t the first time this week, but he woke up sweating and nauseous. He decided to make a few research about nightmares, maybe he could find a way to stop them.

No one was in the library that morning, obviously who would wake up to go study on the first day of vacations ? Jiwon took a few books but as he looked through to stables he heard someone, he walked following the sound of pages of a book being turned and found Hyewon sitting on the floor a book she wasn’t really reading on her knees. She was crying.

It was the first time Jiwon saw her crying, he had see a girl cry before, from joy, pain, anger, but he had never thought Hyewon could be the kind to cry about anything.

 

"Hyewon... ?"

 

She closed the book and turned his head towards him, whiping away her tears in the process.

 

"Wow you’re here early, she said getting on her feets, you really are an outstanding student, she laughed, I should study too then before you outstand me."

 

She was ready to leave but for some reason he caught her arm.

 

"Hyewon... I am sorry for what I said yesterday. I didn’t meant it."

"Hum ? Oh I don’t remember, it’s ok don’t worry."

"Are you sure you are ok ?"

"Yes ! I am perfectly fine, she smiled, but her lips were shaking, I am fine..."

"You... Did I hurt you ?"

 

She didn’t said anything, but he knew it was true, he hurt her.

 

"I didn’t meant it, he said again, I really didn’t. I can see you have feelings."

"Can you ? Jiwon... Don’t lie to me. Everytime you lie you do that thing with your eyes.."

"What.. ? No I don’t !"

 

She laughed, sincerely this time.

 

"Yes you do, I first noticed it when you lied to the teachers, but now right now I know you don’t have any idea of what to say. Am I right ?"

"Hem..."

"Jiwon it’s ok, you don’t have to apologize because it’s the right thing to do, I will not be mad at you for that, I’ve been through worse."

 

He looked into her eyes, he was sure something was still wrong, but he wasn’t so sure now, if it he was to blame.

 

"Jiwon, can you let go of me now ?"

"Where will you go ? Don’t lie this time."

"Probably cry some more, somewhere quiet. And then I will find how to enjoy the holidays at school. Maybe I will create a schedule for everyone or something."

"Don’t."

"What ?"

"Don’t... create schedules or plans, don’t imagine any activities, I know you’re doing it so everyone is... happy like you want, but this time it’s holidays, try to rest like it’s adviced, and enjoy yourself."

 

Hyewon looked surprised but she noded, would she follow his advice or not ? How could he know ?

Hyewon left the room soon after that and he sighed, he realized the fear of nightmares had disappeared. So he decided to leave his researches for an other day and went out for a walk, Hanbin was probably still sleeping anyway, so Jiwon enjoyed his time alone for once.

During the evening Jiwon left the dorm to call his brother, he was outside on the soccer field, trying to reach out to the only one that could hear him out. But his brother wouldn’t answer, just like he didn’t answered for almost two weeks. Jiwon sighed, he was sick of this, he shot on a rock and sat down, or more specifically let himself fall on the grass closing his eyes, if his brother wouldn’t be civilized enough to answer the phone, Jiwon would tell him what were his thought an other way.

Their aunt had taught them how to use their powers.

 

"Make sure you are perfectly calm and focus, it will be easier for you to communicate if all your thoughts are clear. Don’t stay too much in each other’s head, you could hurt your self or the other one. Don’t force it, let it happen, like when you walk, don’t think of what you are doing but where you are going ."

 

But Jiwon wasn’t calm at all, he was angry, but he didn’t cared, he had been cut from his family for too long without any explanation.

He felt his spirit leaving his body and fly through space, it was fast, and he entered a zone he knew too well, a place where nothing was and nothing grew, a place where he could feel minds of other people, people like and him and ordinary people, he just had to find his brother, feel his brother’s mind.... It was here, warm, familiar, he opened his eyes in his brother head.

 

"Jaebeom ?"