Chapter eleven : The girl he almost lost

Across the bridge

Haven didn’t answered and she grabbed Hyewon’s feet, pulled it and make her fall of her bed.

 

"This is going to be easy, Haven said with a smile."

"Leave me alone ! What do you want ?!"

"SHUT UP !"

 

Suddenly Hyewon realised her voice had gone mute, she was screaming but she couldn’t hear herself. Haven smiled and pulled Hyewon by her feet again to get her closer, on the floor, under her. Hyewon mooved her feets, trying to kick that new threat.

Haven was stronger, full of energy and magic, Hyewon was no match.

 

"You made him weak ! You made him like this ! It’s all on you if he gets hurt !"

 

Hyewon couldn’t reply. She just tried to crawl away from Haven, but Haven would follow her. She finally trapped her against the wall and bend down so their faces would be close enough for Hyewon to feel Haven’s breath on her skin. It was an awful smell, like something had rotten inside Haven.

 

"I am going to make sure you don’t survive your wounds. What a bad accident, killed by her ex... It will go beautifully with your drama queen’s eyes...Humans... You people are so weak !"

 

Humans were the weakest indeed, no super strengh, no teeth, no magic, no powers, but they were two things humans believed in, experienced stronger than anyone, love, which had always been their stronger asset, and the will to survive.

Hyewon’s will to survive took over her fear, she grabbed the first thing she could reach and hit Haven’s head with it hard enough to make the young witch fell on the ground. The silent spell she had cast on Hyewon broke and the girl was free to scream for help.

 

Jiwon instantly got out of bed and ran towards the fight. He faced Haven who was ready to hit Hyewon again and got between them.

 

"Are you insane ?!"

"Get out of my way Jiwon ! I’m doing this for you !"

"STOP ! Or I’ll kill you."

 

His aunt and uncle were just next to them, ready to react if something went wrong, or... worse, but Haven didn’t attacked, she just faced Jiwon with fury in her eyes.

 

"How dare you stand against me ?"

"Haven... She is innocent, she is a nice person why would you kill her ?"

"She made you weak ! They made you weak ! I wanted to make you strong ! But you’re even weaker than your brother ! You can’t even kill a human ! There is billions of them ! Killing her will make you stronger !"

"Haven ! Jiwon’s uncle said, what are you saying ?!"

"You know it ! If a demon kills someone he gets stronger, if he cares for someone he gets weak ! That’s why you never got married ! That’s why you left your fiancee! Jiwon needs to be strong if he is to fight the spirit that killed his family !"

"Haven, I don’t know if what you are saying is true, Jiwon said, but I am not killing anyone today, so you should get out of here before I change my mind, because if I get stronger killing humans, imagine how strong I will get slaying your throat."

 

For a second Haven got pale, but she kept smiling, following his advice, she left. When she was gone Jiwon was finally able to face Hyewon.

 

"Hyewon... I...I am so sorry I...Are you alright ? Did she hurt you ?"

 

Hyewon shaked her head, tears in her eyes, so Jiwon despite all his confusion took her in his arms, and it felt good. It felt right. It had took him several concussions to the head to realize she was more than just a girl. She was the girl he liked, the girl he almost lost.