Chapter ten : Haven

Across the bridge

Hyewon spend most of her time trying to avoid Jiwon, her heart was full of pain, she just couldn’t get angry at him, she had always liked him, and she knew the Bobby that tried to kill her wasn’t the Bobby she had spend her holidays with. That Bobby was nice, a little shy, extremly private, sometimes a little harsh but he was also protective, he would never let her walk close to the cars on the sidewalk, he would always make sure she ate everyday, she would always let her sit in the bus when it was crowded, he had a soft heart she knew it, he just wouldn’t show it often.

Maybe she was crazy to believe in him like this, to like him enough to forgive him what he had done.

 

"Hyewon.... Hyewon...."

 

She turned around, it had been two weeks since her and Jiwon weren’t talking. Behind her was standing someone she hoped to never see again ; Taemin.

 

"Taemin ? What are you doing here ?"

"Hyewon... Bad girl, you are a very, very bad person."

"What ?"

"Hyewon, I came here because, he laughed, because I need to do something. For everyone’s good you understand ?"

 

His voice was different, he was very far from the boyfriend he had once been, that guy starring at her looked crazy, his pupil were dilated, he was sweating like if he was nervous, and his mouth kept mooving when he was silent, like if he was whispering.

 

"Taemin... You should go she said."

 

Last time she saw him he was already like that, but less scary. More human. She remembered what her mom always told her. "Don’t look into insane people’s eyes."

She tried to avoid his eyes, she starred at his chest instead.

 

"Hyewon !!!!"

 

She felt like it was hard to breath, he was getting closer.

 

"Hyewon you are such.... an annoying thing..."

"Taemin leave me alone."

 

She took a few step back but he quickly got closed and grabbed , pushing her against the wall so hard her head hit it and blood came out of the wound.

 

"You..."

"STOP IT ! SOMEONE ! PLEASE ! HELP !"

"No one is here. No one cares for you.... And I will kill you..."

 

He lift her up and made her head bang against the wall once more, trying to smash her skull.

 

"Stop, she begged, please..Taemin stop..."

 

He suddenly got off of her, and she someone caught her before she hit the ground, she recognized Bobby’s face. But soon, Taemin was back, she could see it all without mooving, she was nauseous, all of her body shivering as she saw Taemin lifting Bobby in the air and throwing him away like if he was a ball.

Was she dreaming ? How could Taemin be that strong ? Bobby hit the wall right next to her, uncounscious, she managed to get up, Taemin had disappeared, so she called an ambulance that took them both to the hospital.

 

Jiwon woke up to see his uncle near him.

 

"Uncle Junho.. ?"

"Jiwon. Good lord you are alright."

"Of course he is, his aunt said across the room with a smile.Jiwon this your friend ?"

 

She showed him a picture of Hyewon. Jiwon noded. His uncle and aunt exchange a look.

 

"What ? Jiwon asked, what is it ? Is she alright ?"

"Yes, is she the one that attacked you ?"

"What ? No. She is human... right ? He asked suddenly doubtful."

"Yes, she is human, his aunt assured him, but she got hurt... How ?"

"It’s simple."

 

The door opened and Haven appeared. For the first time in years Jiwon was able to see her fully.

"I saw it all, she said. I watched them. This guy attacked that girl, he wanted to kill her, Jiwon defended her and he got his kicked."

"That’s not exactly what..."

"It is what happened."

"Who was this guy ?"

"Her ex, Jiwon said, I think, I never saw him before but..."

"It wasn’t her ex, Haven said not willing to hear Jiwon’s explanation, it might have been his body but didn’t you look into the man’s eyes ? He was not human. Not anymore."

"What do you mean .. ?"

"It was an evil spirit inside him, controling him. Probably controling him for a while."

"No... No what ? That’s impossible, you said it was a man..."

"And he was alive. A spirit possessing a fully grown man without killing him."

 

They all stopped talking, Jiwon didn’t really understand what was going on.

 

"What.. ?"

"He was possessed."

"It can’t be true."

"It was the same spirit as we saw before, Haven said, he found Jiwon, he found him and he could have killed him !"

"But he didn’t, the uncle said, why ?"

"Something must have drawn him away, but still we need to take precautions now !"

"Don’t you dare order us around, Jiwon’s aunt yelled, little witch....Do you think you know better than us what’s good for him ? You think you know better than his own family ?! Get out of here now before I get angry !"

 

Haven left the room in a storm of rage.

Jiwon was left alone with his uncle and aunt. So they told him everything they had been hiding from here, that they had found the spirit that had attacked his family years ago, that it was controled by someone, and it had grown stronger, that spirit had attacked them today, and it would come back.

To kill him and his brother.

 

Haven didn’t left the hospital, she went to see that girl. Oh she knew her, she had seen her in Jiwon’s dreams, next to him when she was watching them through her spies, birds, cats, mouses... This girl was the one that had attracted the spirit there, it was all her fault.

Hyewon was lying on her hospital bed, she was fully awake but adviced not to move for a few hours. Haven got in her room without knoking, surprising the young girl.

 

"You’re less pretty in real, Haven said."

"What.. ? Who are you ? What do you want ? Hyewon was scared, would she ever be left alone ?"