I'm gonna be the Anti-hero, feared and hated by everybody, so I can save you when the time comes – [Act.05]

[Re:write] - Blue Tomorrow #1 The Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can't forgive every single creatures who have hurt you

I want to back to those gentle days so much that my tears are falling

===

 

            Hanbin’s breath got sharper, yet got shorter as his feet kept running toward the high hill. He still could sense that one of the high ranked soldiers which he encountered before was chasing after him. Each step which he took felt so heavy. A little bit more. He should endured it a little bit more so he could reached the top of the hill. It was when he put all of his last energy into his feet to jump, to run, thick dark smoke surrounded him. Hanbin stopped his step, breathed heavily. Countless sweat buds drenched his tired face.

            ! Just a little bit more, yet I can’t make it! He cursed in his own mind.

            ”You’re a fast runner type, boy!” Even it vague, Hanbin could heard that voice clearly, spoken by the vice-commander of Black Skull Division. ”I have to use my owl just to chase after you.” As the smoke got thinner, Hanbin could saw the figure of the vice-commander descended from the big owl made from his magic.

            Hanbin didn’t move even a bit from his current place, even his eyes saw that the man whom titled as the vice-commander of Black Skull Division approached him, took out his gun from behind his black coat. Hanbin just eyed the man in front of him, eyed every move he did. Hanbin’s brain got stuck, he couldn’t think about anything. He’s too tired to think a single attack to fight against that man. He has used his ultimate attack two times back in his previous battle, when he fought against the two members of VIP Team, also when he tried to deceive the two high ranked soldiers of Black Skull Division. He hasn’t quite sure he could fought against that man as he didn’t have enough magic energy which left in him.

! Always happened in time like this!

            ”What’s wrong with you, boy?” Lieutenant Colonel Jung Chiyeol questioned the leader of Stray Team as he stopped right at five meters away from Hanbin. ”You seemed has run out of energy, and spirit.”

            Hanbin still muted.

            Lieutenant Colonel Jung Chiyeol frowned a bit as he didn’t get any respond from the latter. ”It’s boring... to kill someone whom didn’t have any emotion in their face, it wasn’t interesting, you know?” He continuously talking while his hands busy with loaded bullets in his gun. ”Your comrade’s sacrifice... it’s wasted.” He said as he pointed the gun to Hanbin. ”Poor them.”

            Bang!!!

            The sound of shot broke the silence of that forest. The unusual shot came from the gun which fired a bullet made of magic energy, met something with the same power of the bullet, made the surroundings got vibrated. Slowly, Hanbin opened his eyes which got closed previously. A tall figure stood right in front of him. The stranger’s back faced Hanbin. Even his eyes still couldn’t caught a good sight of the stranger, but he could identified the stranger based on his magic energy. That stranger was the last one he wished for a help. An annoying man whom he never got along with since the first time they met until now.

            ”You’re weaker than I imagined, B.I.”

            ”Shut up, Taehyun!”

            A small smirk created on the corner of Taehyun’s lips as he heard Hanbin’s comment. ”That was so close... and strong too.” Taehyun said without left his eyesight to the man dressed in black coat in front of him. ”That was dangerous, Ahjussi!”

            ”Tsk! Another troublesome.” Lieutenant Colonel Jung Chiyeol cursed under his breath as he saw another young man appeared in front of him, and confronted his attack just now. His eyes watch over the stranger man from top to toe. He never saw him, yet he felt that the stranger has an enormous magic energy.

            ”You’ve finished them?” Hanbin asked Taehyun, while his eyes still looked at the vice commander of Black Skull Division without a blink. He could see a surprised look on the vice-commander’s face.

            ”Them?” Taehyun asked Hanbin back, even though he already knew whom Hanbin mean by them.

            Hanbin frowned as he gave Taehyun an annoyed look as he heard the latter asked him back with unimportant question. That was one of Taehyun’s characteristic which Hanbin hate the most.

            ”How could I finished off my friend?”

            Hanbin got surprised a bit at Taehyun’s statement. He never thought that Taehyun will say something like that. Friend? As long as he knew Taehyun and Seungri whom previously a part of Seleas’s soldiers, they never talked about friendship with their former teammates. Whenever they discussed about tricks to fight against Seleas, both Taehyun and Seungri never showed their mercy. They always revealed their former teammate’s weakness in front of high ranked members of The Sleepwalkers, the way to win against them, Seleas’s soldiers.

            ”You said something nonsense.” Only that words which came out from Hanbin’s lips as the reply.

            Taehyun chuckled at Hanbin’s reply. Something nonsense, maybe it was the correct term to describe his recent statement to Hanbin.

            ”What’s so funny, young man?” Lieutenant Colonel Jung Chiyeol asked Taehyun directly.

            ”Nothing, Lieutenant Colonel Jung.” Taehyun answered with a small smile on his lips. ”Better you hurry up, B.I. That annoying man, leave him to me.” Taehyun commanded to Hanbin with a lower tone.

            Again. Hanbin should heard that kind of words. Again. When the enemy aimed on him, someone else asked him to leave the enemy to them, asked him to run. Hanbin hated it. He hated with the fact that he’s the one who should run away from the situation like that. Why? Because he’s weak? Because of he’s the leader of Stray Team? Because of...

            ”Because it’s not your duty to fight against him, B.I.”

Taehyun cut off Hanbin’s mind cursing suddenly. He knew that Hanbin didn’t like the command he gave to Hanbin. Taehyun knew that the leader of Stray Team who stood behind him valued his own pride. He also knew that Hanbin’s comrades, must have said the same thing like that and asked Hanbin to go away. But that wasn’t the right time to discuss about it. The one thing Taehyun knew was Hanbin must hurry up to go to the top of that hill, so he could protect her. His senior, Seungri, had released his final release of his black demon since the beginning of his battle. Because of that, the old magic circuit has got activated bit by bit, and soon it got activated completely.

”Don’t make Seungri sunbae’s sacrifice got wasted, B.I.”

Without second thought, Hanbin left that place. He run as fast as he could. Bang!! Another shot released from Lieutenant Colonel Jung Chiyeol’s gun as he saw his first prey got away from that place. But again, his bullet got failed to hurt Hanbin as it met Taehyun’s water magic.

”He’s no longer your opponent, Lieutenant Colonel Jung. Let’s play with me.” Taehyun said as he opened a gate behind him, infinite water javelins appeared from it, ready to get launched anytime. ”Moon Cry: Gossamer Rain of Javelins.”

===

Chaerin didn’t felt the frozen ground like she had predicted seconds later after she felt the sudden pain all around her body. A pair of strong hands caught her, and all the things happened in her eyes went in slow motion. How his hands caressed her arms to lessen the pain, how his sharp eyes looked at her grim face, how his lips chanted the last word she ever wished for.

            ”I’m sorry.”

            That short sentence turned like a lullaby to her as slowly her eyelids got heavier, then closed completely. Seungri’s eyes got narrow as he caught the pair of sharp eyes which he hoped to see for the last. Actually, his appearance was surprised him a bit. The fact that he appeared in front of Seungri’s eyes just gave Seungri one answer. Mithra Jin had defeated by him, the vice-commander of VIP Team, Choi Seunghyun. The unconscious Chaerin got laid on the snowed ground carefully. ”Can you take care of her, for a while... Dara?”

            Dara who seemed surprised because of sudden appearance of Seunghyun only could nodded her head like a broken doll. Seunghyun who saw that reply, gave the latter a small smile. ”Also, can you sat him near that wall, Dara?” Seunghyun asked Dara to make the unconscious Jiyong sit near the broken wall not far from her current place. Again, the answer which Dara could give was only nod. ”Don’t worry, it won’t take long.” Seunghyun said for the last time before he left Dara with two unconscious leaders, confront his former youngest member.

            ”Don’t you think... you’ve gone overboard, Ri?” Choi Seunghyun opened up a conversation with his former member. ”Back then, you’re really gentle with her.” He added. Choi Seunghyun himself didn’t believe that his own leader got defeated by the man whom entitled as his former youngest member. But as he stepped in the place where they battled, he could felt it. In magic energy, Seungri has become stronger, much stronger than when they together. Instead of facing the old Lee Seunghyun, Choi Seunghyun felt that the man in front of him was someone else. Someone else whom he never met before. Cold gaze, strong magic energy, expressionless face. Choi Seunghyun really met different person.

            ”Am I?” Seungri responded as he eyed Choi Seunghyun lazily. Why he should come in time like this?

            ”Are you really... Seungri?” That question got out from Choi Seunghyun’s lips without he realized it.

            ”Why?”

            Choi Seunghyun could saw an annoyed look inside those cold gaze of Seungri’s. He must got irritated by that question. ”Because you aren’t the Seungri I knew.”

            A small smirk appeared on Seungri’s lips. ”I think... the Seungri you knew... actually never exist in the first place, because all of the things related with the Seungri you knew back then were fake.”

            Choi Seunghyun remained while heard to Seungri’s words. ”I see.” He took his smoking pipe out from the inner pocket of his pocket. ”You’re right. The Seungri I knew was never defeated his leader so easily like this.” Seunghyun said as he placed the tip of the smoking pipe between his lips then blew out the smoke from his smoking pipe. ”Play with me a bit more then.”

            Countless swordsmen appeared between Seunghyun and Seungri. Without a command from Seunghyun, with fast movement some swordsmen came over to Seungri’s place. Each swordsman pointed their sword toward Seungri. As his eyes caught the fast movement of illusionary swordsmen made from Seunghyun’s magic, Seungri took out his folded fan from inside his coat’s pocket. With a single swing, he launched a counterattack to the illusionary swordsmen.

            ”Death Wind stage 05: White Blossom Needles.”

            Countless needles came out from the fan, flied towards the illusionary swordsmen and stuck on it. As the illusionary swordsmen got stuck by the countless needles, it stopped moving. Then, the next event showed in front of Seungri and Seunghyun was all the illusionary swordsmen turned into countless white cherry blossoms petals. But it’s not stop there. As if Seunghyun already predicted that his illusionary soldiers will got vanished so easily, he sent another attack to Seungri. Countless archers already released their arrows to Seungri. Before a single arrow touched the tip of Seungri’s hair, countless cherry blossom petals surrounded Seungri, protected him from the arrows. From behind the pinkish wall made from his own magic, Seungri looked at Seunghyun who kept blowing smoke from his smoking pipe, created more illusionary soldiers with different weapon. A small sigh left his lips as Seungri closed his eyes for a while.

            ”Death Wind stage 09: Paradise Lost.”

            Soon after Seungri said those name of his next attack, harsh wind came surrounded Seungri. Like a tornado, no. It’s not the scenery Seunghyun saw that time. Countless pinkish cherry blossom petals shaped blades flied in between that harsh wind, rushed toward him like a tsunami. The white snowed ground suddenly shattered, covered with pink tide made of Seungri’s magic attack. But it didn’t dash Seunghyun down. It bound him. Seunghyun’s sharp eyes got narrowed as his arm, his legs, even his body thoroughly couldn’t move. He felt like an invisible chain had bound him tightly. Sudden fear filled his heart as his eyes caught every cherry blossom petal shaped blade already surrounded him. Then...

            Bruk!!!

            Seunghyun crumbled down to the snowed ground. He couldn’t felt anything anymore. Every nerve in his body already got cut off by Seungri’s fast blades. His own blood started flowing, colored the white ground. His breath got harder, his vision got hazy. He heard the beating of his heart got slowed down each second. Slowly, his eyes caught Seungri’s black boot got closer to him.

            ”I can’t believe you still breathing after got that attack. As expected from the vice-commander of VIP Team.” Even it’s not clear enough for his ears, he still heard Seungri’s voice. ”Paradise Lost, even this is my first time to use that. A harsh wind which bind my enemy then slice them with countless cherry blossom blades.” Seunghyun heard every word of Seungri’s short explanation in silent. The next thing happened made his eyes widened even it’s just a mili meter. Seungri’s dark long coat covered his blooded body. As if Seungri could understand the meaning of look inside Seunghyun’s eyes, he spoke. ”That’s my last respect for you, Seunghyun Hyung.”

            Unintended tear came out from Seunghyun’s eyes as he heard that nick name got spoken from Seungri. He felt his heart got warmer. Argh... why? Why are you calling me with that name, Ri? I’m sorry. If you’re three seconds earlier then, I won’t release him. Because I’ve promised to that fool dragon, I’ve to fulfill it. I’m really... really hope that I will hear that you call me like that, again, Ri.

            ”Hiihiihiihii... your sacrifice was truly heartfelt, Master.”

            Seungri stopped his step as he heard that voice. He knew that voice very well. Slowly, he turned around to face the owner of that voice. The man who already uncons

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter