Life has brought me a volume of old times and I’m surrounded by countless memories - [Act.08 - part.2]

[Re:write] - Blue Tomorrow #1 The Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December, 31st 2135 M, 06.02 a.m – Crystalise, Seleas

Branch Headquarters of Seleas Nation Military Force

Medical Room no.8

 

          The white snow still rained, the sun rays started to break through the endless gray clouds. Major Eun Jiwon sat silently, faced the closed big window in front of him. Since the big crash which happened at the old magic circuit site then a mysterious magic energy balancer, he could say it, the systems all around Crystalise became down, but it still running. Maybe it’s not only happened in Crystalise, in Osiris too, or maybe... it has gone all around Seleas. Actually, Eun Jiwon didn’t predict that the end of this war will be like that. Maybe both parties had lost their loyal soldiers, but from the high ranked soldiers even Eun Jiwon didn’t count it he already knew the result. The Sleepwalkers lost more than them - Seleas Military Force.

            ”Just how selfless you are, Hiruma Shun-ssi.” Major Eun Jiwon muttered while his eyesight drowned into the endless whiteness of Crystalise.

            ”Major Eun.”

            Major Eun Jiwon turned around as he heard someone who supposed to be lied on the bed called his name. He saw the leader of 21 team already sat on her bed, leaned on the bedhead.

            ”You’ve been up?”

            ”As you can see.” Chaerin looked at her senior like she hasn’t seen for millennia.

            ”What? Something is strange with my face?”

            ”Who are you?”

            Major Eun Jiwon didn’t answer that question immediately. He got up from his chair then walked towards Chaerin’s bed. ”You got amnesia? I’m Major Eun Jiwon, your super...”

            ”I know.” Chaerin cut off Major Eun Jiwon’s words. ”I mean... your true identity. Before I lost my consciousness, I heard him called you traitor. What is your relation with Seungri actually?”

            Major Eun didn’t answer immediately. Who knows? The first thing he got asked after that big disaster was about his true identity? He approached Chaerin’s bed then sat on the chair near her bed. ”I’m supposed to be a spy, I... was a part of them.” Major Eun started speaking the truth. ”But one day, I got found out by Seleas Intelligence Service. Instead of punishing me, they treated me using my family. After that, they’re using me to spy to The Sleepwalkers.”

            ”It was the reason you knew so much about them, The Sleepwalkers?”

            Major Eun nodded slowly. He looked at Chaerin who became silent after that. ”You... just want to know about it?”

            ”If I ask you another things, you will answer it?” Chaerin asked without looked at Major Eun.

            ”It depends on your question, Captain Lee.”

            Chaerin looked up at Major Eun after she heard the older man called her with her title. ”I have a dream just now, or maybe it’s not a dream? A girl around my age said to me that she’s my true black demon.” Chaerin paused as she tried to remember the conversation she had with the girl named Shirayuki back then. ”She... told me that big magic disorder had happened twenty five years ago. Several noble class black demons got implanted inside our inner world. Do you know about it?”

            ”Twenty five years ago... geurae, it was the start of all the things happened right now. I don’t know the detail about it, but one thing that I remembered was my village got burn back then. Many people with pure magic ability disappeared, included Mr. Lee Shin, Seungri’s father.”

            Chaerin froze as she heard that name got spoken by Major Eun. As Chaerin knew, Lee Shin was the genius magician and scientist whom got admired so much by her father, Lee Byunghun. ”He’s... Seungri’s father?”

            Major Eun nodded. ”I don’t know if you knew about your family tree or not. But your family is related to Seungri’s family. Lee noble house, it has many family members right?” Major Eun questioned Chaerin which got a nod as the answer. ”Mr. Lee Shin was the head family of Lee’s main family, while yours... is one of so many branch family of Lee noble house. Right after Mr. Lee Shin disappeared, his wife and his children which are Seungri and his sister got left to guard in one of Lee’s branch family. That Lee’s branch family was your family, Captain Lee.”

            Chaerin got shocked at that fact. ”You’re still young back then, maybe... you didn’t remember it.” Major Eun added. ”The hunting of pure magician still continued. A year after that, they found that Mr. Lee Shin’s family was in your family’s care, so they attacked your family’s residence. From the story I got, Seungri’s mother got captured by them, while Seungri got saved by Mr. Hiruma Shun, and Seungri’s sister... she’s missed.” Major Eun paused for a while. ”You said before that several noble class black demon got implanted inside your inner world, right? I’ve heard about it too. If I’m not mistaken, it happened around twenty years ago. When they got full authority of the heritage of Lune Crest.”

            ”Who are ‘they’ you referred to, Major Eun?”

            ”Lee noble house’s biggest rival, Choi noble house.”

===

 

Lune Crest – Summer, 2115 M

 

            Choi Raesung, the head of Choi’s main family from Choi noble house walked at the front of the group. His heavy leathered black boots left footprint on the ground which lead to the Lee’s mansion. He stopped right in front of the huge mansion’s gate. His sharp eyes roamed around the abandoned mansion, then turned around to face Lee Byunghun, one of Lee’s family members.

            ”You are good as a guide, Lee Byunghun-ssi. But it will be wasted for us if we have got here and didn’t get anything from this treasure land of Lee noble house, right?” His intimidating voice made Lee Byunghun trembled.

            ”Wh... what do you want, Choi Raesung-ssi?” Lee Byunghun asked with his trembled voice.

            ”The most precious heritage of Lee noble house, the noble class of black demons... to make strong soldiers of Seleas.” Choi Raesung shifted his attention back to the huge mansion owned by Lee’s main family. ”I’ve heard that they got locked by Lee’s family magic.” He turned to look back at Lee Byunghun. ”As you’re the one of Lee’s family members, you must know how to unlock it, right?”

            Lee Byunghun didn’t answer immediately. Choi Raesung who saw the silent Lee Byunghun narrowed his eyes. He pulled Lee Byunghun by his collar.

      

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter