Autumn Finds Winter - Squall Line [act.03 - stage 01]

[Re:write] - Blue Tomorrow #1 The Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You’re perfect to me like a dream, like playing in the water in the summer

My life is a draught and you’re like a spring shower story

===

Crystalise, 07.57 pm, December 29nd 2135 M

Old Magic Circuit Site

 

[Seungri POV]

            The golden sun has replaced with the silver moon, hung on the sky. The bright light has replaced with the dim one. The first snow flake fell down elegantly, landed on the ground voicelessly. The beautiful city, Crystalise, in the short period has turned into a military basecamp. Trucks contained armory and other kind of supplies entered the city nonstop since the early morning of the day. Hundredth soldiers began to make posts, built tents, and many more. Just regular soldiers. But then, when the day has turned darker, cars which were brought elits soldiers started filled the town.

            ”They’re really want to erase all of us, aren’t they?” I could heard a mocking tone in Tablo hyung’s voice.

            Five groups contained about 20 persons in each group of the strongest division of Seleas Military Unit, 1st Division – Black Skull. After them, a special division of Seleas Military Unit, Zero Division – Shadow Demon. Familiar faces appeared from the big car which was brought them. Four old members of VIP team, four former members of S/S 14 unit whom joined VIP team, four old members and four foreign faces whom belonged to 21 team.

            ”They arrived faster than I imagined,” a soft male voice broke the silence between the three of us. ”What will we do, Ri Hyung?” He asked me.

            ”I want you to stay here, Seonwoong-ssi.” I said to Tablo hyung as I looked at him, and got a curt nod as the reply. ”You’re going with me, Taehyun.” I said as I stepped away from my previous place, followed by my junior, and left Tablo hyung.

            ”Where are we going, Ri Hyung?” Taehyun asked me.

            ”Zero Division’s headquarter.”

            ”Eh?”

            ”Being the special division of Seleas Military Unit, Zero Division had its own basecamp in each city in Seleas. They saved many things there, discussed their strategy there, and many more.”

            Taehyun stayed silent as he listened to my explanation while followed me to our destination place. ”And what will we do to that place? I think...”

            ”Just watch it. Watch every their move.” I paused as I stopped my walk, then turned around to face him. ”And I want you to do it.”

            ”Naneun?” Taehyun asked back while pointed himself.

            I nodded, then continued the walking. After several minutes passed, we stopped. We stopped in the middle of crumbled yet old buildings full of ferns and big trees.

            ”Don’t tell me...”

            ”The old members must have known that I knew about this place, so they asked the younger ones to make a barrier to cover it. A barrier that could covered it completely, even I can’t perceive it. Not only covered the building, but its surroundings too.”

            ”How do you so sure that the place is around here?”

            I felt my lips made a curve upward, even it’s small. ”I could felt their spiritual energy traces. Also, it’s only five years I’ve been away from the group. I’m not the type of a person whom got forgot so easily.” I paused for a while. ”You felt them too, aren’t you? Your former teammate’s spiritual energy.”

            I saw Taehyun nodded slowly, then he pointed at the far side of that place. ”Not only them, maybe... I could tell, there were five females, and five males in their basecamp. If it only me who could perceive their where about, then they must have used 8 Joined Twin Cliffs spell.” Taehyun explained, then he took two steps forward and stood beside me. ”You want me to unseal it?”

            ”Aniyo. Unseal it just give us nothing, Tae. Just like what I’ve said before, I want you to watch every move they made and report it to Mithra hyung.” I patted his left shoulder. ”If you could unseal it, you must know how to watch their movements without unseal the barrier, aren’t you?”

            ”Where are you going, Ri Hyung?” Taehyun asked me, again. As I heard his question, I stopped without looked back at him.

            ”To the main stage.”

            With that short sentence, I left him. Using my wind magic, I flied to the night sky. Passed countless tall buildings, big yet high trees, et cetera. Just then, I made a tall building as the landing ground. Located a bit far from the old magic circuit where the main part of the war will take place on there. As expected, the guards around the magic circuit got intense. If only they knew...

It would be felt boring if I got back to our basecamp this early, I chose to sit on that tall building while my eyes gazed at the soldiers walked from one place to another below which was looked so small from my place, like ants walked on the ground. It was when I’m about to leave the place, a familiar spiritual energy appeared. Soon after that, I saw her. Wrapped in her coat uniform, hand gloves, long black leather boots, she looked beautiful as ever. Her long blonde hair got tied in pony tail, swung to the left and right behind her back. She stopped from walking, then looked up at the night sky. Then, the next minutes after that... she looked at my place, right on me. Even it looked so slowly, she walked closer to the place where she could got a better look on the place where I sat on.   

”Ri? Is that you?”

It was what she said as she saw me. A bit shocked expression showed on her beautiful eyes. I didn’t reply for a while as I stood up from my place. ”We meet again, Rin.” Then I descended from the building to the ground. Thanks to my wind magic, able to make me landed smoothly. The minutes later, I walked towards her place and stopped right in front of her. From my place, I could saw her beautiful face under the moon light. She looked a bit tired, as black rings formed under her cat-like eyes.

”Make sure you have a proper rest tonight. Because tomorrow, we will have something to be dealt with.”

            It was unplanned action of me as I circled my scarf on her bare neck, hoped that one made her warmer. It was when I’m about to retreat my hand off of the scarf, and her gloved hands gripped mine. I widened my eyes a bit, but then it turned into its previous size.

”It’s getting cold here.” I said in low tone, and let go of her grip. I looked at her for a while, then without another words I chose to leave her. But before I’m fully out of her eyesight, I stopped. ”Don’t hesitate to fight me tomorrow, Rin.”

With a big wind eagle made of my wind magic, I flied away, left that place behind.

===

Crystalise, 09.06 pm, December 29nd 2135 M

Zero Division Headquarter Area

 

[Normal POV]

            Since Seungri left him, he stood still on his place until now. Maybe, it has been one hour since his senior left that place. The 8 Joined Twin Cliffs spell was a double dislocation barrier, which has the ability of covering whatever is within it from existence and removing the space it takes up from an outsider’s inner consciousness, making it so that one is not even able to perceive it is there. The very thought of getting close to it doesn’t even occur to those outside it. It was so powerful and unique in composition that it can’t be undone by usual magic power.

            Taehyun still remembered it well, as he was the former of that unit. S/S 14 Unit, a unit under secret fortress unit of Seleas Military Unit. Many people said that S/S 14 Unit was a prestigious unit as the members of the group was the chosen ones. Kim Jinwoo, the user of space-teleport type magic. Song Minho, the user of fire-type magic. Lee Seunghoon, the user of sand-magic. Kang Seungyoon, the user of plant type-magic. Nam Taehyun, the user of water-type magic. Except Taehyun, the other four members was came from noble houses of Seleas. They gifted with powerful type of magic, powerful spiritual energy, smart brain, and wealthy. Only him, Taehyun, who came from common family. He joined the group because of his ability which was equal enough to compete with the noble’s. S/S 14 Unit, they trained about armory and magic battling, bare-hand fighting, battle strategies, healing methods, also some difficult kinds of demon spell arts.

            ”Tsk... why in this kind of time, I should remember that things?” Taehyun muttered under his breath as he took a walk. He walked a bit far from his previous place. Did nothing while stood still there was pointless yet suffocating. They’re not only used 8 Joined Twin Cliffs spell to cover their basecamp. The sand, buildings, big tress, ferns, and many kind of parasite plants around it was the products of his two former teammates. They mixed up the barrier spell with two kind of magic to confuse whoever who set a step on that place.  

Using his water creation magic: water serpent, Taehyun got up on top of the tall building placed at northeast side of that region. He started chanting. ”My right hand is the stone that bridges worlds. My left hand is the blade that binds reality. The black-haired shepherd is hung from a chair. Stratus clouds come, and I strike down the ibis. Demon Spell Arts: World-Tying Rite.”

            As Taehyun finished the chant, the landscape in front of him changed. The crumbled buildings, and big trees has turned into a mid-sized building with two floors. Two faces which was so familiar to him, Kang Seungyoon and Lee Seunghoon. Both of them stood outside of the building, it seemed that the two was guarded the basecamp. While inside the building, two females with a male were discussed something related to the route of operation in the small room at base floor of the building. Three other females were busy with the supply of armory and medical things, and the other two males, were busy with arrangement of their battle tactics.

As Taehyun finished watching Zero Division member’s activities, he started drawing specific markings on the ground where he’s stood on. Those specific markings then animated with the spell to convey the messages he wanted to send to his senior, Mithra. ”Black and white net! Twenty two bridges, sixty six crown strings, footprints, distant thunders, mountain peaks, valleys, night shadows, cloud sea, cyan line! Fill up the circle and zoom to the edges of the sky! Way of Binding number 77: Soaring Net of the Heavens.” Soon after Taehyun finished the chant of that demon spell art, the specific markings he had made glimmer.

”You hear me, Jin Hyung?” Taehyun asked the receiver of his message, Mithra Jin.

”Ah, yes... Taehyun. How’s the situation?”

”Nothing’s strange. They just did the things which had we predicted, route of operation and battle tactics discussion, checking of the armory and medical stuff supply, and security guard.” Taehyun reported.

”Arasso. You may come back here.”

Taehyun didn’t reply to his senior as he felt a presence behind his back. Taehyun stood up then turned around to face the person who stood not far from him. Short black hair, a pair of sharp eyes. His height was about the same as Taehyun’s height. Dressed in his military uniform, his heavy boot ticked the building top floor steadily. He walked closer to Taehyun and stopped right in mere five steps away from Taehyun.

”Long time no see, Tae.” His deep voice broke the silence between the two men under the moon light on top of the tall building.

”You should greeted me earlier, Minho.” Taehyun replied. He’s already knew that the man who stood in front of him had watched him since the beginning, yet he didn’t stop Taehyun.

”So... the rumor of you, joined “The Sleepwalkers” was true.” Minho stated, his gaze still held onto the one who stood before him. His former friend was still looked the same as the last time he saw him.

”And the news of you got promoted to Zero Division was also true.”

Minho got silent as he heard that statement. Zero Division, the special division of Seleas Military Unit, where special, strong soldiers called it their home. He still remembered how him and the rest of S/S 14 unit members dreamed to be the part of that division, included the man who stood in front of him right now.

”You’ve controlled your spiritual energy better than the last time I know it, Minho.” Taehyun said, then he turned around. His back faced Minho. ”Their magic too, have improved to another level.” Taehyun continued as he eyed Kang Seungyoon, Lee Seunghoon, and Kim Jinwoo from his place.

”Did your senior ask you to come back to your basecamp? Why are you still in here?”

Taehyun didn’t answer immediately. He took several minutes to think of what kind of words he should use to answer that question. ”Have a fresh air, maybe?” Taehyun paused, then he turned to face Minho in the eye. ”What do you think of our organization, Minho?”

”The Sleepwalkers?” Minho asked Taehyun back, and got a simple nod for the answer. ”That organization... filled with crazy people. They sent many terrors, bombarded places where many innocent people resided in there. They intended to the downfall of Seleas. Five years ago, they made infernos in five cities around Seleas, killed thousandth people, left an unbearable sadness to the living ones. And now...”

”I see.” Taehyun cut Minho’s sentence before the later could finished it. It was when Taehyun’s about to say something, his phone rang. He put his phone on his left ear as he heard the caller’s instruction.

”Arasso, I will be there in a minute.” Taehyun put back his phone inside his coat pocket. Then a teleportation portal appeared at behind him. ”I hope we have a good battle tomorrow, Minho.”

After saying that sentence, Taehyun disappeared as he got into that teleportation portal just now. While Minho stood still on his place. His hands formed into fists. ”We will see tomorrow, Taehyun. This time, I will win against you.”

===

            ”You must make the fire bigger. Tonight is getting colder than before.” Minho spoke as he met his two friends who stayed at the security post not far from their basecamp, and made the fire bigger with his fire magic.

            ”I thought you will have a duel with him, Minho-ya?” Lee Seunghoon said as he bit his corn.

            ”I don’t want to start the war sooner than it scheduled, Hoon. Also, he came here just to have a visit.” Minho responded as he took a seat near his leader, Kang Seungyoon.

            ”He’s still good at masked his own spiritual energy, making it difficult to me to detect how far he has improved his ability.” Kang Seungyoon added, then took his cup of coffee.

            ”And for the worst... even we have combined our magic, he could see through it so easily. I wonder, how smart actually he’s? He’s far better than us, nobles.” Kim Jinwoo grumbled, while positioned himself between Lee Seunghoon and Kang Seungyoon. ”Should we change our tactic? As you all have known, our sunbaenims was supposed to be confronted Lee Seunghyun sunbae, and we couldn’t add their burden to give Taehyun to them, right?” Jinwoo asked s.

            ”But... four of us, confront him in the same time was waste of thing. We separated into two team. I and Jinwoo hyung will confront other “The Sleepwalkers” soldiers, while Seungyoon and Minho, you two confront Taehyun, eotte?” Seunghoon offered an idea to the others.

            ”I don’t mind.” Minho agreed.

            ”It’s alright with me,” Jinwoo responded as he nodded his head in agreement.

            ”Leader?” Seunghoon asked Seungyoon who still give no answer.

            ”I never got a chance to win against him in the past time. I’m okay with that plan.”

            ”So... it’s settled then.”

            ”I will report it to Leader Kwon soon after he come back to basecamp.” Kang Seungyoon ended the conversation of that topic.

===

Crystalise, 01.23 am, December 30th 2135 M

Old Magic Circuit Site

 

[Normal POV]

            Taehyun sat on the chair faced the double wide windows at the third floor of the building. His own face got reflected on the glass of the window by the moon light. Footsteps got heard in the silence room a minutes after, then stopped right beside the chair where Taehyun got seated on.

            ”I’ve heard your report from Mithra hyung. Good job, Tae.” Seungri said as he took a chair then positioned it beside his junior and sat on it.

            ”It’s the least I can do, Ri Hyung.” Taehyun replied shortly, his gaze still held the snow fall outside the window.

            ”You... encountered one of them?” Seungri asked, after minutes of silence.

            Taehyun nodded slowly. ”The one who I called as my rival. I saw the other three too, they’ve improved.”

            ”But still, you can unseal their tactic so easily.” Seungri commented as he crossed his legs and leaned on his chair.

            Taehyun didn’t reply his senior’s comment. He just looked at Seungri’s reflected picture on the window glass. His senior was changed, he became stronger. ”How about you, Ri Hyung? Have you met them again? In person.”

            Seungri’s expression unperturbed as he heard that question. In this recent five years, he never met them, his former teammates ever once. Also, he didn’t wish to meet them too. But then, after so long... he met her again. Many feelings mixed up inside him as he remembered his encounter with the blonde-haired leader of 21 team.

            ”Nope.”

            Taehyun looked at his senior with a bit shock. Then he nodded slowly, unknowingly. He looked out at the snow fall again, as it’s getting hard every second. The black pavement has turned into white as it got covered by the fallen snow. The glass of the window got dewed at the cold weather, made it a bit blur.

            ”What will they do if they knew the truth, Ri Hyung?” Taehyun asked the older man suddenly.

            Seungri who closed his eyes minutes ago, opened his eyes as that question came out from his junior’s mouth. He didn’t know what the right answer to that question. Actually, that kind of question also haunted him. He had questioned himself the same question, and didn’t find the answer.

            ”Don’t ask me with that same question, Tae.” Seungri looked back at Taehyun, sent him a small smile. ”Just let it be.”

            ”Geurae.”

            Suddenly the alarm rang, made the headquarters into chaos just in the blink of eye. Both Seungri and Taehyun rose up from their chairs and looked down from the opened window. Seleas’s military soldiers have surrounded their headquarters, some of them even started invading the inner building. From their uniforms, Seungri has known who behind the sudden attack. Black military uniform with a skull badge on their left arm. 1st Division – Black Skull.

            ”Don’t move!”

            A voice got shouted right from the entrance of the room where Seungri and Taehyun resided at. Then, both Seungri and Taehyun turned around to face the owner of that voice. Two soldiers pointed their firearm toward the two, and then someone entered that room. He dressed in the same uniform as the two soldiers with his leader badge on his left arm, his height was about Seungri’s. He walked toward the two members of The Sleepwalkers, and stopped right in front of them.

            ”You start this battle so early, Colonel Choi Jinu.” Seungri greeted the intruder whom stood in front of him.

            ”Am I?” The 1st Division’s leader asked back as he smirked at Seungri. ”I just want to end this war as soon as possible, as early as it could, little Hyun.”

            Swords clashed, gun fired, loud crash, filled the whole headquarter. Seungri, Taehyun, and all the intruders in that room stay still. But then, Taehyun got closer to his senior, whispered something to Seungri.

            ”They’ve surrounded this place too, Zero Division.”

            ”Actually, I can’t believe it.” Seungri said as he took a step forward, faced the 1st Division leader with his emotionless face. ”All of you... got trapped so easily.”

            The ground shook as Seungri finished his sentence. The brick wall started crumbling at the sudden movement. The glass of the windows got scattered. All things moved into disarray. It happened in about one minute. As the dust has cleared, all eyes of Seleas’s soldiers got widened. Just in the blink of eye, the surroundings around them had changed into different scape. There was no more a three level floors building of The Sleepwalkers headquarter. It only, a vast open yet abandoned aula surrounded by tall-old buildings.

            ”What the...” Colonel Choi Jinu asked in disbelief.

            ”You’ve greeted us with a surprise, so we gave you the same treat, Colonel Choi. How is it?” Seungri spoke.

            Colonel Choi Jinu, Seungri, and Taehyun stood at the middle of that area, above the old magic circuit. While “The Sleepwalkers” members and the rest of Black Skull division and Zero Division surrounded that large aula.

            ”This place...”

            ”This is the main stage of our war, Colonel Choi.” Seungri cut off the older man’s words before he could finished it.

            ”How...”

            ”Haven’t that old-man Yang Hyunsuk told you, Colonel Choi? The one who could unsealed this magic circuit also could manipulate it?” Seungri asked back at the leader of Black Skull with cold voice.

            It was a bit far from Seungri’s place, a pair of brown eyes widened as she heard that statement. She still remembered what have been told by Yang Hyunsuk back in their after meeting days ago. The one who unsealed that magic circuit was the one who could activated it. But, Yang Hyunsuk didn’t tell her that it could be manipulated too.

            ”I’m sorry that I disturb your time, Colonel Choi.”

            Suddenly a voice interrupted. The owner of that voice walked to the middle of that aula, stood beside the leader of Black Skull division. He faced Seungri with his unperturbed steel face. His brown eyes harbored on the silver eyes in front of him.

            ”If you don’t mind, could you hand him to me, Colonel Choi? Actually, Yang Hyunsuk-ssi has personally asked me to handle him.” The young leader of VIP team spoke.

            ”If you say so.” Colonel Choi Jinu retreated from his place, joined s.

            Seungri looked at the figure stood in front of him without a blink. He still looked same, short black hair combed backward so neatly. His piercing brown eyes, sharp jawline. The charismatic leader stood before him was unchanged.

            ”Long time no see you, Seungri.” Jiyong greeted his former member in his calm voice.

            While Seungri didn’t replied to Jiyong’s greeting. Though his eyes held his former leader’s gaze, he got more interested with the movement which was made by the Black Skull division members along with Zero Division members. All of them was positioned into places as the leader of VIP team greeted him just now.

            ”You... change a lot.” Jiyong said as he didn’t get a respond from the collar-length black haired man in front of him.

            ”Am I?” Seungri questioned coldly. A smirk appeared on his lips, but then got faded as his silver eyes caught her figure approached his place. The blonde-haired leader whom he encountered several hours ago. His pale blue colored scarf even still hugged her neck securely. ”It seems both of our teams have taken their places. Should we start now?” Seungri voiced out that words lowly.

            Seung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter