What’s the lie, what’s the truth, what to believe – [Act.09 – part.01]

[Re:write] - Blue Tomorrow #1 The Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January, 1st 2136 M, 07.54 am – Seoulite, Seleas

Seleas Governance Building – The Parhelion House

Underground Jail

 

            Yang Hyunsuk couldn’t detect what time was, because all of he could saw was darkness. Except for a single candle lit up meters away from him, placed on the small table after the cell door. Silence. Only his own breath which got heard in that place. He didn’t remember how long he has inside that dead place. Slowly but surely, he heard foot step. Approached his place. A familiar face greeted him as that visitor stood in front of the cell.

            ”Long time no see, King Yang. I didn’t think that you’ll end up in this kind of place.”

            ”And I didn’t think that you, all of people, come to the place like this, Choi Raesung-ssi.”

            That visitor, Choi Raesung, smirked as his name got said by the man whom sat meters away from him. ”I pity you, King Yang. For surrendering so easily like this.” Choi Raesung said as he took a cigarette then lighted it up. Inhaled then breathed out the vague smoke to the air, Choi Raesung looked at Yang Hyunsuk. ”If I knew that you’ll end up like this, I won’t give that king position to you.” Choi Raesung put the cigarette on his lips, then inhaled it, exhaled the same smoke. ”You’re not only failed for being a king. You’ve broken your oath toward us, Choi noble house.”

            Yang Hyunsuk only stayed silent as he listened to every word got spoken by the current head of Choi noble house.

            ”As you’ve started the fire, so we just need to add the fuel so the fire got bigger.” Choi Raesung threw the cigarette which has gotten small to the floor, stepped on it. ”Don’t be afraid if the big war like thirty years ago happen again, Yang Hyunsuk.”

            After that short declare war on, Choi Raesung left that place, left Yang Hyunsuk all alone again. Yang Hyunsuk closed his eyes. War. He couldn’t deny that possibility. After he said all of the bad deeds did by Choi noble house to the Council 165, they – Choi royal family must will took action. Just like Lee noble house, Choi’s also had many born talented magician which united in one powerful group. Choi noble house called that group as Adamas.

===

At the same time, different place...

 

            Seven white painted wooden coffins laid on the deck of the ship which brought the remained soldiers of The Sleepwalkers which had battled in Crystalise. Seungri looked at it without expression in his eyes. Six members of Stray team, and the other one was Tablo’s.

            ”They had given their best. I hope they have a good day in heaven.”

            Seungri didn’t reply as he heard Hanbin said those thing. He sighed, looked at the snow rained sky in silent. His hands which inside his coat pocket trembled, not because of the chill air but other reason. He wanted to cry, for his losing. But he can’t. As if the tears in his eyes had already dried. He wanted to scream, to curse the bad fortune which happened to him and the people around him. But he can’t. Whatever he did, it won’t brought them back alive.

            ”You’re here, Ri.”

            Seungri turned around right after he heard Mithra called him. A forced smile showed on his pale face as Mithra walked toward Seungri’s place. He eyed the coffin which placed at the right corner, owned by Tablo, for a brief time then looked back at Seungri.

            ”Cha Seungwon-ssi called me just now. He wanted to talk with you for something important.”

            Seungri just nodded his head as his reply, then walked away, headed toward his room inside that ship. Seungri dialed Cha Seungwon’s number, then at the third ring he heard the latter’s voice.

            ”Mithra Hyung said that you have something to talk with me, Uncle Cha.” Seungri started the phone call.

            (”Ah, yes.”)

            ”What is it, Uncle?”

            Cha Seungwon didn’t answer immediately, he didn’t know how to bring that topic to his nephew. (”Ri, I’m on my way back to Pluvia. Just like the order from Mr. Hiruma, I’ve brought all the people whom got sacrificed.”) Cha Seungwon paused.

            Seungri listened to Cha Seungwon’s word carefully. ”Hmm... is that all?” He asked, actually he wanted to hear one more thing from his uncle. His parents. If all the people whom got sacrificed – which they were the pure magicians from Lune Crest – placed there, then his parents must be there too. It was his theory.

            (”Yes.”)

It was Cha Seungwon’s answer. Seungri closed his eyes after hearing that short answer. He lowered his head. ”I see.”

(”I will tell you the detail when we meet, Ri.”)

”Arasso. Have a save ride, Uncle.”

Seungri ended the call, put his phone on the table next to him. It was when he was about to leave that room, the door of that room got opened, revealed his beautiful sister.

”Oppa, gwaenchanayo?” Lee Hana asked as she entered the room, stood right in front of Seungri.

Seungri nodded while gave his sister a small smile. ”I’m sorry... for making you worry.”

Lee Hana shook her head, then took Seungri’s hands. ”Don’t be, Oppa.”

Seungri caressed Lee Hana’s head slowly. ”You have something to tell me?”

Lee Hana didn’t reply to Seungri’s question. Without a word, she pulled her brother out from that small room. Seungri who didn’t know what was in his sister’s head just walked, followed her from behind. Lee Hana led her brother to her room then asked him to sit on the bed while she walked toward her luggage. Seungri just looked at every move did by his sister in silent. Then, the next thing showed in front of his eyes surprised him to no end. A set of his father’s favorite outfit, got showed by his sister. Lee Hana gave the cloth to her brother.

”H... how...”

”Uncle Hiruma gave it to me before I go to the battle ground. He asked me to give it to you, Oppa.”

Seungri caressed the cloth on his laps. A tan-colored shirt with a tie, yellow ochre vest with black collar and pockets, and a white lab coat which cut shorter at the front completed with red bandage owned by Lee noble house on the left sleeve. He always loved to see his father wearing that outfit.

”Uncle Hiruma said that if you wear this, you’ll looked like Appa when he’s young.” Lee Hana added as she gave her brother something in a small box. Seungri opened it and saw a glasses which their father always wore when he was working in the lab. Lee Hana could saw that her brother’s eyes already tear up. She didn’t know that giving that old outfit to her brother will made him happy and carried away with the old memory he had ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter