The spring time will never come again, the crimson lotus is in bloom - [Act.00 – Prolog]

[Re:write] - Blue Tomorrow #1 The Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In a corner of my heart, I have such bad thoughts
Wanting you to at least hurt more than me
To get over me later than I do
To not be able to sleep because of me

===

Seoulite, 07.25 a.m, October 21st 2135 M.

[Chaerin POV]

The sound of raindrops on the rooftop filled this cold morning in the end of fall. The fumes from a cup of black coffee danced beautifully, sent a warm touch around me, who sat faced the large window at the corner of the small café in this small city. Many people walked busily with various colors umbrella brought by them, filled the watery street.

”How long you want to looked at them, Chae?”

A voice shifted my attention from the population of humans out there to a long red haired girl who already sat at the chair across mine. One of my teammates, or should I said… ex-teammate?

”You’re really have so many free time, huh? Even in this early morning you choose to look at those busy people walked in the street than did something else,” She commented, again.

”Then, what should I do?” I asked her back. She looked a bit shocked by my stupid question. Actually, I didn’t know what I should do either. The war was over. There’s no more things that could I do at the headquarters just to kill my free time.

”Help your father, maybe?” I looked at her with a question look at my face, asked for her explanation. ”You know, Chae. After the end of that war, your father was so busy. Even until now. At least, be a good daughter.”

”You should know better before you suggest that, Bom Eonnie. Working at the laboratory isn’t my style.” I responded then took a sip of my black coffee.

The drizzling rain still unwilling to stop. Park Bom, the red haired girl got up from her chair, didn’t forget to collect all her things. ”Then… gave the headquarters a visit, we all missed you.”

With that short confession, Park Bom left me. I looked at my black coffee. It’s black. Looked so mysterious, inside it. A sigh left out from my lips. Lately, I haven’t come to the headquarters, I don’t know what the reason that made me didn’t want to go to. The headquarters, it’s just reminded me of my old days… with him, five years ago. Ah… it’s still like yesterday, when I first met him.

===

[Flashback 5 years ago]

            ”He’s our new comrade, Lee Seunghyun. Starting today, he become the member of Zero Division, part of VIP team. I hope you all be nice to him and have a good teamwork with him.”

            That’s our chief division, Major Eun Jiwon, introduced him to us, Zero Division. After Mayor Eun left the room, none of us spoke a word. I looked at VIP team’s members, they sat still. But, not with their leader who looked lazily at the new said member of them.

            ”Introduce yourself more, newbie.” Kwon Jiyong, the leader of VIP team commanded toward the new member.

            ”Nice to meet you all, Sunbaenims. My name is Lee Seunghyun, code name V.I. Before I transferred here, I’m part of secret fortress unit positioned at Quell, under Major Cha Seungwon’s commando.”

            ”What’s your specialization?” This time, their oldest member, Choi Seunghyun, asked him.

            ”Accurate shot, and hacking system.”

            ”They really send a suitable one, aren’t they?” VIP team youngest member, Kang Daesung butted in, while showed his angelic smile.

            ”I think it’s enough, for now.” Taeyang spoke. ”I’m Dong Youngbae, but people called me Taeyang, my code name’s Sol. The one who wore glasses is our oldest member, Choi Seunghyun, his code name’s TOP,” Taeyang explained, while pointed at Seunghyun sunbaenim. ”And he’s our youngest, Kang Daesung. His code name is D-lite,” Taeyang continued and Daesung waved his hand toward their new member. ”Then… the one who asked you first is…”

            ”Kwon Jiyong. My code name is G-Dragon, you must have known my position, right?” Jiyong sunbaenim cut Taeyang’s sentence, asked his new member.

            ”Ne, you’re the leader of VIP team.”

            ”I don’t care if you’re under Major Cha’s commando before. Just one thing you must remember. If you can’t follow our work, you’re out. Arasso?”

            ”Yes!”

[Flashback end]

===

            Just like that, our short encounter in Zero Division’s headquarter that rainy evening, in the early spring, five years ago. A short message sent to my phone from the last person I wanted to see this day, Kwon Jiyong.

===

From: Ji sunbaenim

Come here right now. I have something to do to you.

===

            I read that message, with a frown. Of course. Today, I just want to spend my time alone, but… that stupid message came in. Just like a heartbeat, I finished my black coffee, collected all my things then go to Zero Division’s headquarter.

===

Seoulite, 07.55 a.m, October 21st 2135 M

Headquarters of National Force Military

 

It took about ten minutes to me to reach the headquarters. Bowed my head then greeted some colleagues I met, but then it gave me several minutes to think about to leave that place when I met Major Eun Jiwon in front of the elevator.

            ”Don’t you want to go in?” He asked me while put his hands in his uniform’s pockets.

            I stepped in then back faced him, pressed 7th floor. The ride from 1st floor to 7th floor seemed like forever. One by one, at each floor we reached, several officers filled the elevator, aimed different places.

            ”It’s so long since your last visit, Leader Lee,” Major Eun spoke to me.

            ”Ne, Major.”

            ”You have something to do?” He asked again, while his eyes eyed the people came in and out of the elevator.

            ”Kind of. But I don’t know the detail. Leader Kwon just asked me to come,” I answered as I eyed the elevator’s door got opened, at my aimed floor.

            ”I see. Good luck then.”

            ”Excuse me.”

            I stood for a while in front of the doors before decided to come in. It’s like a torture to me, soon after I get in there… the stupid position will addressed again to me, the leader of 21 team. Oh, how I wish that 21 team never exist since the first place, so I shouldn’t feel so burdened like this. It’s when I’m about to put my ID card on the detector, a familiar voice greeted me.

            ”Yo! CL! Long time no see.”

            I faced the owner of that deep voice, a tall man with a pair of sharp eyes behind the eyeglasses came closer to me. His short black hair got combed neatly.

            ”Long time no see you too, Seunghyun sunbaenim.”

            ”That dragon called you?” He asked while his hand put his ID card on the detector, then put back the ID card inside his pocket.

            ”Hmm… he sent me a message,” I answered with a nod.

            ”I see.”

===

Seoulite, 08.02 a.m, October 21st 2135 M

Headquarters of National Force Military

Eastern Block - Zero Division

 

            We entered the headquarters together, and it made almost all the attention came to us. I bowed to greet all the members, then my eyes caught his figure.

            ”You’re late.” It was his first sentence that greeted me.

            ”I’m sorry.” I replied, lowered my eyesight.

            ”Don’t you too mean, Ji? Even to your fiancée.” Seunghyun sunbaenim commented to him, but didn’t get any reply.

            ”There’ll be two new girl members in your team, and they will be here in…” He paused while looked at his watch. ”30 minutes. You must know what you should do, aren’t you?”

            ”Ne.”

            A frown made on his lips as he heard my short reply, while I’m still avoid eye contact with him.

            ”Then, I leave them to you.” He said then left me, back to his desk then called s to gather.

            New members? In my team? What for?     

            Those words became the unanswered questions as I looked at my teammates who busy arranged something I really don’t know about it. I reached for my desk, sat at my chair in silent. A clipboard with several pages of data laid peacefully on my desk. I read it briefly, nothing special from it. The new members of my team, they have same competition with my teammates, it’s not a big deal then.

            ”So… we will have a mission again?” Minji asked me with a smile on her face, a hopeful kind of smile.

            ”I don’t know. I haven’t get any information about that. Even I didn’t know if we will get new members.” I responded.

            ”I think… we will get mission soon.” This time, our angelic member, Park Sandara came into my conversation with Minji.

            ”What’s make you so sure, Dara sunbaenim?” Our youngest member, Kim Jennie asked Dara.

            ”Lately, VIP team seemed discussed something and their faces looked serious. Not only that, Major Eun seemed a bit different too. He became visit this place often than before and have a discussion with them often too. Ah, I heard it too. Today, they will get new members too.” Dara explained.

            I don’t know, anything. What have happened?

===

[Jiyong POV]

            I looked at my members one by one, while they looked at me with a question look at their faces.

            ”Do meet your fiancée have made you dumb, Ji?” Seunghyun hyung spoke, broke the ice in our meeting room.

            ”Stop your infamous joke, Hyung.” Taeyang came in rescue.

            ”Ne, ne.”

            ”So, should we start this meeting, Jiyong Hyung?” Daesung asked with his angelic smile.

            I nodded as my answer. Then I opened my draft file, read briefly the data. ”We will get four new members. Previously, they’re the part of secret fortress unit…” I paused.

            ”Just like our little Seunghyun?” Daesung said it in his lowest voice, but it loud enough to me to hear that, maybe to other two too.

            We became silent, didn’t know what kind of words should be spoken. Each of us got drowned in our own sea of memories. Little Seunghyun, our youngest… I mean our ex-member. It’s still like yesterday that he’s part of us. I…

            ”Should we continue this, Ji?” Taeyang brought me back.

            ”Ah… of course.” Then I read the data once again, read the detail one by one. ”Two of them has the capability in offense, I mean… they’re good in at close-attacking. While the other two has capability of snipe, so they two are the far-attacking type.

            I saw my team members nodded their head understood whatever I said, or maybe it’s just my opinion. Actually, none of them paid attention in this meeting seriously. This recent five years was the worst time ever for Zero Division, especially for VIP team which led by me. We have lost one of our best members in the most unbelievable kind of event. The high rank officials must have known our situation, so they took a decision by added some new members to cover up our weakness.

            ”Do you know their intention of this?” Seunghyun voiced his concern out of the blue.

            ”This? Do you mean, the new member’s transfer?” Daesung asked him back, and got a nod as the answer.

            ”One of their intention must be to cover up our weakness,” Taeyang answered Seunghyun’s question, while looked at me in his serious mode. ”The other…”

            ”It was an issue that have spread around the group of chiefs that “the sleepwalkers” will launched an attack. I don’t know where that information came from, but each division has prepared their tactics, and…” I paused for a while, didn’t know how to tell this to the other three.

            ”Our team will be “the anchor” of this operation, am I right?” Seunghyun said without met my eyes.

            ”Yes.” I said shortly.

            Sighs of defeat filled our meeting room. The operation against “the sleepwalkers”. I never imagine to clash against those terrorist group again, but it’s like God hasn’t heard my pray, not yet. This operation, will be heavier than the last time we fought them. The genius hacker that previously in our side, has changed his direction, and now… he will fight us, his previous teammates.

===

 

[Chaerin POV]

            Here I am, in the elevator with the man that has marked as my fiancé, Kwon Jiyong. The two of us headed to the Major Eun’s room after we received his important message. It seems that he didn’t intend to speak to me even for a simple word, so do I.

“Ding”.

We have reached our aimed place. Ji sunbaenim led the way into Major Eun’s room. Strange faces greeted both of us soon we entered the room. Four men, and two girls, are they the new members of our team?

”I thought that you have something important to tell to us, Major,” Ji sunbaenim spoke toward Major Eun.

”From today on, they’re the part of Zero Division. Those four will be in your team, Leader Kwon. And the other two will be in your team, Leader Lee.” Major Eun explained, while pointed at those six strangers.

”Nice to meet you Leader Lee. I’m Park Chaeyoung and she’s Lee Hayi. Please to have your guidance, Leader Lee.” One of the two girls said, then both of them bowed.

”Nice to meet you Leader Kwon. I’m Kang Seungyoon, the leader of my team. We are, unit S/S 14, ready to carry out our mission under VIP team.” The man named Kang Seungyoon said in respect mode then all of the four men gave their salute to Ji sunbaenim.

”All of you may headed to our main headquarters and introduced yourself to the rest of Zero Division’s members,” Ji sunbaenim commanded them.

”Yes!”

===

            We, Ji sunbaenim, Major Eun Jiwon, and I, sat surrounded the round table in Major’s meeting room. In front of us, a laptop that showed the detailed tactic of the next mission got my and Jiyong’s attention. Or the first time in my life, I never saw this crazy kind of tactic. It’s like a suicidal way. Even for the percentage of the success of this tactic is around 20%. I never imagine what kind of tactic maker in our organization that offered th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter