006

Mudang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haera laid in her bed and his words kept repeating in her head, it’s been like that for the past few days. His voice never disappearing from her mind, the more she remembered the more it was engraved on her mind.

“He’ll come after your powers too. You’ll end up like your mother.”

Haera threw her pillow in frustration and a loud bark echoed back at her. Haera sat up and turned to see who it was. The pillow was a few feet from Tae and he looked up at her with an annoyed face.

“I just asked if you were hungry,” Tae said.

Haera climbed off her bed and wrapped her arms around Tae’s neck, he liked her face and Haera didn’t let him go.

“This reminds me of the time when your mom passed away, you’d just hold on to me and not say anything,” Tae said.

Haera rubbed her head against his neck and Tae knew something was on her mind.

“What’s wrong?” Tae asked.

“He told me that he’ll come after me and I’ll end up like my mom,” Haera said.

“Who will?” Tae asked.

“I don’t know, I asked him but he didn’t tell me,” Haera said.

“He won’t be able to hurt you, not when I’m around,” Tae said.

“I know but I still feel scared a bit,” Haera said.

There was a knock at the door and they both looked up.

“Come in,” Haera said.

The door slid open and Shinwoo had a smile on his face. Haera was starting to think that Eunji was right, that Shinwoo liked her.

“Hi,” Haera said.

“Hi,” Shinwoo said.

Tae walked towards Shinwoo and he was still dazed while looking at Haera. Tae stepped on his feet and Shinwoo looked down at him.

“What do you need?” Tae asked.

“Oh, right. The elders from the first clan just arrived. They want to have a few words with Haera about the incident a few days ago.” Shinwoo said.

“Oh, I’ll be there in a few minutes,” Haera said.

“Alright then,” Shinwoo said.

He closed the door behind him and Tae turned around to face Haera, he walked back towards her.

“I guess you have to go, I’ll wait here for you,” Tae said.

“Okay,” Hara said.

Tae jumped on the bed and laid down next to one of Haera’s stuffed toys. Haera stood up and fixed her clothes, she exited her room and turned to look at Tae before leaving. Haera made her way to the main house and slipped on a pair of slippers. She ran into Jihyo and Gun, he bowed to her. Jihyo turned to look at Haera and wondered what she as doing in the main house.

“Hello, Haera,” Gun said.

“Hi Gun,” Haera said.

“What brings you to the main house?” Gun asked.

“The elders want to talk to me about the incident,” Haera said.

“How come Gun and I have not been questioned?” Jihyo said.

“What?” Haera said.

Haera realized that this talk might be more than just the incident. Haera let out a sigh and Gun turned to Jihyo.

“I guess they’ll talk to us after her,” Jihyo said.

“I got to go, can’t keep them waiting,” Haera said.

Haera turned the corner and continued to walk down to the conference room. Haera knocked on the door and then slid it open. She saw four of the elders sitting on one side of the table and she bowed to them. She entered the room and sat down across from them.

“Greetings Elder Injung, Elder Taeho, Elder Sujong and Elder Heejoon,” Haera said

“Haera, can you tell us what happened to you?” Elder Taeho asked.

“I don’t really remember so well. This man held me by the neck and tried to kill me.” Haera said.

“How did he look like?” Elder Injung asked.

“I don’t know if he was human or a spirit,” Haera said.

“How can that be possible, you should be able to tell.” Elder Injung said.

“I have not been training because I don’t really have the abilities to summon spells.” Haera lied.

“What, how come we have not been notified?” Elder Sujong said.

“I do not know. After my mother’s death, I seem to have lost my abilities.” Haera said.

“This is outrageous, you’re mother was the best mudang to have ever lived.” Elder Heejoon said.

“I know but I don’t think it runs in the family,” Hae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter