010

Mudang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haera sneaked back inside her house and made her way up to her room. She quietly opened the door incase Tae was still sleeping inside. To her surprise, Tae was already up and sitting on her bed facing her. 

 

“Where have you’ve been all night?” Tae asked worriedly.

 

“I slept over at Eunji’s house. It was too dark and her parents didn’t think it was safe for me to walk home alone.” Haera said.

 

“They only live a 15 minute walk. I could of came to pick you up.” Tae said.

 

“I did want to come home but…”

 

“But what?” Tae asked.

 

Haera recalled what had happened last night.

 

After they had finished their food, Haera decided it was time to come home but Xiumin got too drunk. Haera had to open a portal so she could take him back home but drunk Xiumin had other plans. Once they arrived home, Xiumin started stripping off his hanbok. Haera tried to stop him but it was no use. Haera turned around and tried to not look at him. It got worse when Xiumin barged out of the room, Haera had to chase after him. She found him later asleep in his library. Haera went back to his room to get him a blanket but when she returned he was nowhere to be seen. She panicked and began searching for him but who she ran into scared her. 

“Who are you? I’ve never seen you before.” He said.

She turned to run but he reached his hand out and grabbed her hat. Her hat came undone and so did her bun. Her hair fell down to her shoulder and she looked at him scared of what he would do. Chanyeol recognized her and wondered what she was doing here. He thought she was here to frequent and there had to be something more that Xiumin didn’t tell him about.

“Why are you here little girl?” He said. 

Haera remembered Xiumin calling the man in front of her Chanyeol. She assumed he didn’t like people in general, so she tried to not talk too much to him.

“Hey, are you deaf or something. When someone ask you something you answer.” Chanyeol said.

“I… I…”

“This is why I hate humans.” Chanyeol said.

Haera felt really angry when he said that but she couldn’t fight him because she didn’t know what he was or how strong he was. 

“Why am I even talking to someone like you.” Chanyeol said.

“You…”

Out of nowhere an arm swung around her neck and pulled her backwards. She could smell the alcohol and felt the lips that were pressed tightly on her cheeks.

“I got you.” Xiumin said.

Haera looked up at Chanyeol and she swore she saw laser beams shooting at them but mostly her. Chanyeol knew what was going on, they were in a relationship looking from the way Xiumin was dress and how she was dressed. He knew they had a thing for one another and he caught them in the middle of their little midnight adventure.

“You and Xiumin hyung?” Chanyeol asked.

Xiumin turned to Chanyeol and tightened his arms around Haera.

“Don’t even think about touching her. She’s mine.” Xiumin said.

That set Chanyeol off and the next thing she knew they both fell to the ground. Haera tried to move but couldn’t, it felt like there were ropes that squeezed her everytime she struggled. She turned and looked at Xiumin who laid there knocked out. 

“Xiumin wake up, if you don’t I think he will kill me.” Haera said.

Chanyeol bent down and looked at Haera who gulped her saliva down in fear.

“I won’t kill you, I’ll just ask you some questions.” Chanyeol said.

Chanyeol picked Xiumin up and dragged Haera back to Xiumin’s room. Chanyeol threw Xiumin onto the bed and covered him with a blanket while he turned his attention back to Haera. Thus began there night long interrogation which somehow lead Chanyeol in confusion with their relationship.

 

Tae jumped down from the bed and walked over to her. She had stopped replying and was lost in her thoughts. He jumped up and laid his paws on her right leg while shaking her to get her attention.

 

“Haera.” Tae said.

 

“Yes.” Haera asked.

 

“What’s wrong? You stopped answering me.” Tae said.

 

“I couldn’t sleep at all yesterday?” Haera said.

 

“Why?” Tae asked.

 

“I kept feeling like there was something.” Haera lied.

 

Tae walked back to the bed and sat down. He shook his head and Haera came to him.

 

“No more sleepovers at Eunji’s house anymore.” Tae said.

 

“Why?” Haera complained.

 

“I don’t want anything to happen to you. You know I’m your protector but most of the times I can’t even be there to protect you.” Tae said.

 

Haera rubbed the top of his head, Tae leaned down onto her lap and rubbed his head against her leg.

 

“If there is something bothering you, tell me.” Tae said.

 

“I’ve just been too caught up with school and friends.” Haera said.

 

Tae sat up and looked at her, Haera nodded her head.

 

“I’ll come home early now.” Haera said.

 

“That’s good. We can go and watch the other apprentices practice like the old days.” Tae said.

 

“Alright, I’ll come along but I won’t be involved in any sort of spell practices.” Haera said.

 

“Yeah, I remember the last time when you were younger and got casted away. Those were the scariest times but when I looked back. I still don’t know what had happened to you. One moment I was frantically running towards you and the next you disappeared. Everyone searched for you, thinking either you were taken or lost in another dimension. You were gone for a whole week before I woke up and you were right next to me. It’s a good thing we didn’t tell them what really happened.” Tae said.

 

“I don’t even remember what happen to me or whatever saved me.” Haera lied.

 

Tae shook his head and leaned against her.

 

“Don’t think too much about it. You’ve returned and nothing like that has happened since.” Tae said.

 

“You’re right.” Haera said.

 

“Go get ready, I’ll go and get some breakfast from the main house and bring it back.” Tae said.

 

Haera scratched the top of his head and Tae set off. She didn’t know what had happened to her but she knew that Xiumin was the one who saved her. When she awoke, Xiumin was by her side. She was in his home and she trusted him because the first thing he said to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter