005

Mudang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byunghyun laid Haera down on the futon and pulled the blanket to cover her body. He caressed her face and kissed her forehead.

“I was so worried about you. I feel relieved knowing you are alright.” Byunghyun said.

He stood up and walked out the door, leaving it open. He walked to Jihyo’s room and the door slide open. Gun bowed to him and moves backward so he can get a better look at Jihyo. Jihyo looked up at him from her bed.

“Yes, Dad?” Jihyo asked.

“Can you guys keep an eye on Haera, I left her door open so she won’t freak out when she wakes up,” Byunghyun said.

“We will,” Jihyo said.

“Thank you, darling,” Byunghyun said.

“Goodnight dad, tell mom I said goodnight to her too,” Jihyo said.

“Alright, now you guys get some rest,” Byunghyun said.

Jihyo nods her head to him and Byunghyun leaves their door open. Jihyo glances out the door and sees Haera fast asleep. Gun places a bowl of water down by the futon and grabs a towel. He sits down next to Jihyo and pulls the blanket over her. She looks at him and closes her eyes.

“I’ll keep an eye out for Haera, you sleep,” Gun said.

Jihyo nods and Gun dips the towel into the water, he wipes her face, neck, and arms. He wrings the towel out and places it on top of Jihyo’s forehead. Gun gets up and grabs the bowl of water, he opens the window and throws the water out. He stares out to the forest and sees a figure standing next to a tree. Gun turns around and sees that Jihyo is asleep and looks across the room to see Haera sleeping also. Gun sets the bowl down and jumps through the window. He dashes through the yard and over the small stone wall. Once he reaches the figure, he takes out his sword and slashes it. The figure disappears and Gun turns around to see a force field covering the whole temple.

“It was a trap,” Gun said.

Gun quickly ran back towards the stone wall and jumps over it to only be hit with the force field, sending him flying back. Gun takes out his sword and slashes at the force field. Nothing seems to work and he stops.

“Jihyo!” Gun yells.

Gun tries again while yelling for Jihyo, hoping she would wake up and call his name.

“What are you doing? Call my name!” Gun yelled.

Jihyo felt cold all around her body and when she opened her eyes, she sees the room filling up with water. Jihyo stands up and runs towards the door, trying to open it. It was locked and she banged her body against it but it won’t break. She turns towards the window and tries to open them but it’s no use. The water was now up to her waist and Jihyo started to panic, everything around her turns into a blur. Jihyo tried to keep her eyes open but the water was almost up to the ceiling. She tried to call out Gun’s name but nothing was coming out of . The water was rising quickly and she was afraid, traumatized by her childhood. She felt like she was reliving it all over again. Jihyo only had a little bit of time left before the room was flooded and she took her last breath.

“Gun...” Jihyo said quietly.

The water filled the room and Jihyo began to sink to the bottom. A light flashed below her and that caused the door and windows to break. The water began flowing out and Jihyo was coughing up water. She opened her eyes and saw that Gun was holding her. He looked at her worriedly and Jihyo coughed up more water.

“What took you so long?” Gun said.

“I hate water,” Jihyo said.

“I know, now let’s go,” Gun said.

Gun carried her and exited the room, they both saw that Haera’s door was closed. Gun rushed them over and slid the door open. No water, nothing was out of order or missing but one thing was, Haera.

Haera felt some sort of pressure pushing down on her body and she could not move. She felt herself being lifted off the ground, Haera kept her eyes closed. She tried to imagine which way she was being taken. She felt a pulse of her trap she set earlier and knew she was going down the hallway. Haera heard the door slid open and then closed after she was brought in. She felt herself being lowered to the ground and the cold ground made her body tense up. Haera slowly opened her eyes and there were lit candles in the corners of the room. She looked up at the ceiling and saw some sort of ripple effect from the light. She heard footsteps coming towards her, there was the sound of water. She couldn’t move her head to see who it was. The little boy from earlier emerged from the shadows and kneeled next to her. He ran his little hand down the side of her face, they felt like scales.

“You ruined everything.” He said.

Haera saw him changing his form and now he was a young man. He was dressed in a dark blue hanbok. His long black hair fell down to his waist, his eyes were brown. Haru noticed a few scales that poked out at the base of his neck. His hanbok did not do such a good job of covering them.

“If it wasn’t for your sister who saved you. My monster wouldn’t have died.” He said.

Haera thought of who might have scales and she narrowed the list down. He stared at her and wondered why she was not panicking.

“Think all you want. You’re going to be my new monster.” He chuckled.

Haera chuckled and rolled her eyes at him. He was confused on why she as laughing when he was going to kill her in any minute.

“Huaman, what do you find so funny?” He asked.

“This whole situation,” Haera replied.

Haera felt him stare at her and Haera stopped laughing. He poked his finger right above her heart and smiled.

“This is where I’m going to kill you.” He said.

Harea laughed out loud again and she was starting to get on his nerves.

“Stop laughing!” He yelled.

“Before you supposedly kill me. Tell me, what is a water prince like you doing here?” Haera asked.

He sat down on his bottom and crossed his arms. He wonders how she knew who he was. His eyebrows arched and lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter