001

Mudang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haera groaned as she felt some pressure on her stomach, she opened her eyes and sighed in relief. Tae was sitting on her side with his huge paws on her stomach. He leaned his head down to look at her face. He barked and Haera scrunched up her face in annoyance.

“Wake up Haera!” Tae yelled.

“Gosh, did you have to bark,” Haera said.

Haera stretched her arms up and yawned. She to her belly and used her hands to prop her head up to face him. She ran her hand through his soft golden fur.

“If you weren’t so soft and fluffy, I would have kicked you off the bed,” Haera said.

Tae snapped his head to the side and jumped down from the bed. He stood proudly on all fours and stared at her.

“How dare you kick me, I am the almighty Haetae. Protector of Justice and preventions of fire and disasters. Who guards this temple for over many years. I am not a dog.” Tae said.

Haera reached her hand and rubbed the top of his head and he shook her hand off.

“You’re just a cute chowchow,” Haera said.

“Do not underestimate…”

Haera butted in, “my form for one day, you will be afraid of my true form. Yeah, yeah. I know.” Haera said.

Tae put his paws on the edge of the bed to raise him up to look into her eyes. 

“You know it’s annoying when you do that,” Tae said.

Haera nodded her head and poked his nose. He shook it off and glared at her.

“It’s cute when you say that,” Haera said.

Tae removed his paws and sat down on his behind, he looked at her and tilted his head to the side a bit. Haera sat up and dangled her legs over the bed, reaching for her phone from the table to take pictures of him. She took a couple of photos and Tae tilted his head to the other side.

“Since you got a picture, can I get something,” Tae asked.

Tae laid down on his belly and Haera took a couple more pictures. Haera placed her phone down on the table and crossed her legs.

“What is it, you’re usually not this photogenic,” Haera said.

Tae jumped onto the bed and laid in Haera’s lap. She ran her hands through his fur, he turned his head towards her face. He her face and purred like a kitten to her.

“What do you want for the photos and kisses?” Haera asked.

“I would like it if you brought me some more of the… what do you call it again? It’s long and thin and…”

“It’s called sausage. I’ll buy you some on my way home from school today.” Haera said.

Tae sat up and pushed Haera backward as he placed his paws on her stomach. He her face and she wiped the saliva away.

“Thank you,” Tae said.

“Alright, alright,” Haera said.

“Also come down, breakfast is going to be served in the main house. They made some very delicious food today. I’m in a hurry, so hurry down.” Tae said.

Tae jumped down from the bed and ran out of the room. Haera sat up and moved over to end of her bed to open the window. The beginning of spring was coming and the breeze was still a bit cold. She looked down from the second floor and saw her step-sister, Jihyo. She came back from training with Gun. They were walking back to the main house. Jihyo was covered head to toe in sweat that peeked out from her gray shirt. Gun looked perfectly fine, he was dressed in traditional soldier attire with his two swords hanging from his belt. Gun looked up and saw her, Haera nodded to him. He bowed back to her, Jihyo turned to Gun but saw what he was doing. Jihyo looked up at Haera and rolled her eyes. She grabbed onto Gun’s arm and pulled him towards the door.

“Hurry up, we’re going to be late for breakfast,” Jihyo said.

Gun turned and bowed his head to Haera and she bowed back, they disappeared through the door. Haera got up and changed into her school uniform. She brushed her teeth and washed her face. She pulled her hair into a high ponytail and tied it in place. She slung her bag over her shoulder, grabbed her key and phone on the table, rushing out of her room. At the front door, she put her tennis shoes and locked the door. She skipped along the stone path up to the main house. Haera entered through the door and slipped on a pair of slippers. She placed her backpack down next to her shoes. Haera headed for the dining room when Shinwoo, the apprentice ran to her. He smiled at her and crossed his arm over hers.

“Morning Shinwoo, how was training this morning?” Haera asked.

Haera was taken back by his actions, usually, they were never on the skinship level. Shinwoo placed his head down on her shoulder and they walked down the hall. 

“Haera, it’s a good thing you didn’t want to train. It’s so harsh and I don’t even get a suho for another year.” Shinwoo said.

“I feel sorry for you,” Haera said.

He was quite tall for his age at 16, towering over her 165cm. She was a little taller than other girls. Shinwoo unwrapped himself from her and pinched her cheek. Haera stared at him in disbelief from the action. Shinwoo smirked and then bent down t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter