002

Mudang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haera turned her head and rolled her eyes in annoyance. The boy smiled at her and walked with her.

“Hey, so you can see me.” He said.

Haera didn’t answer him but continued walking to the school gates. The boy looked down at her and wrapped another arm around her. He held onto her and Haera couldn’t move an inch. She stood there and he looked into her eyes.

“Please help me.” He said.

Haera looked back at him and let out a sigh.

“What if I don’t?” Haera said.

“Then I guess you’re going to probably get hit by a car.” He said.

Haera looked and there were no cars anywhere, she looked at him.

“You know if I get hit by a car, you will turn into an evil spirit,” Haera said.

The boy looked around and then looked back at her.

“It’s a risk I willing to take. So please help me.” He said.

Haera heard the car and took a breath in to keep her cool. She glared at the boy and he turns to look at the car.

“Then I’m going to let myself get hit by that car,” Haera said.

He looked at her with big eyes and she shrugged her shoulders at him.

“Please help me, I need to…”

He turned and look, the car was getting closer and Haera knew she was in trouble if he didn’t release her.

“You have a couple of seconds and then it’s the end,” Haera said.

He turned to look at the car, then Haera and back at the car. He started to shake and then took a step back from her. Haera was able to move, she walked calmly towards the sidewalk. She was almost to school when she felt a tug on her arm. She turned around and he got on his knees and looked up to Haera sadly.

“Please help me, I am desperate.” He said.

Haera looked at him and then turned away from him. She walked into the gates of the school and saw her friend, Eunji. She smiled and Eunji crossed their arms together pulling her along.

“What took you forever today?” Eunji asked.

“Oh, I got on the bus late,” Haera said.

“I was worried because you’re never late for school,” Eunji said.

“I slept in a bit,” Haera said.

“Can I come over today?” Eunji asked.

“Shinwoo asked me to get food later, want to come along,” Haera said.

Eunji lightly hit Haera’s arm and Haera gave her a weird look. She laughed and Haera was confused.

“What?” Haera asked.

“That poor boy likes you,” Eunji said.

“He’s an apprentice at our temple,” Haera said.

“So, love has no boundaries,” Eunji said.

“You’re crazy,” Haera said.

“Think about it, how many times have we gone to eat with him?” Eunji said.

“It’s only like… ten times….” Haera said.

Eunji gave her the look and she let out a sigh, she knew it was true now.

“I’ve been intruding on your dates,” Eunji said.

“Shinwoo is like my brother,” Haera said.

“Who knows it might change,” Eunji said.

They entered the building and students crowd in the hallway. They maneuver their way through the students and up the stairs.

“You’re…”

“I’ll see you later in physics,” Eunji said.

Eunji turned to the left hallway and Haera turned to the right. She walked to her classroom and took her seat by the window. She took her book out and waited for her teacher to come in. Haera became curious and turned her head to look out the window. She saw him sitting under a tree and staring back at her. He waved to her and Haera turned away from him.

“What is wrong with me. I’ve overcome these situations already.” Haera whispered.

Haera felt like something was odd and somehow this situation was different from the ones she encountered. Wandering spirits didn’t usually beg they were enforcers or either lost. Haera looked outside again and he was sitting and staring at the dandelion flower in his hands. There was a loud bang and Haera turned her head back into the classroom. Ever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter