009

Mudang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry that it's been such a long time since I've updated.

I've been having a lot of issues and recently just started writing again.

I can't promise an update but I will try my best.

Thanks.

Haera felt someone nudging her shoulder and she slowly opened her eyes. Xiumin sat at the edge of her bed with a worried face. In his hand was the book she had come to borrow with sticky notes sticking out from the pages she was reading to help her.

 

“I tried waking you up three times and you’ve been out for 5 hours already. It’s almost ten.” Xiumin said.

 

Haera stretched her body and rolled from side to side. She sat up and had that dumb smile on her face that made Xiumin question what she was going to do next.

 

“It’s always the best sleep after using my powers.” Haera said.

 

“Don’t change the topic.” Xiumin said.

 

Haera nodded her head and looked down at the book. Xiumin ruffled her hair up with his hand and she looked up annoyed at him.

 

“I hate when you do that.” Haera pouted.

 

“Tell me everything.” Xiumin said.

 

“Do I really have too. I’ve been trying to work on it solo but I guess you found out.” Haera chuckled.

 

“Spill it.” Xiumin said.

 

“One day at school, I saw a spirit attached to my classmates. I tried to get rid of him because it seemed like he was draining her energy.” Haera said

 

“And?” Xiumin asked.

 

Haera scratched the top of her head and blinked a couple of times to register what she had done today. Xiumin kept flipping through the book and skimming the text to understand what Haera had done.

 

“I tried to get rid of him but he is too strong from absorbing her energy. I think he doesn’t know what he is doing to her.” Haera said.

 

Xiumin looked up at her and Haera leaned back on the headboard with her arms crossed.

 

“Where is he then?” Xiumin asked.

 

“I had to seal him inside of her, so he can’t get out or cause any more harm to her.” Haera said.

 

Xiumin lightly hit her head and flipped the book pages to a certain page. He showed it to her and she read the title.

 

“Blood contract, it can’t be because I checked all the details and it wasn’t like that. There is a jade pendant but that doesn’t relate to anything in the text that I read.” Haera said.

 

“I think it is because of that jade pendant.” Xiumin said.

 

“No it has to be two objects but this is only one.” Haera said.

 

“I’ve seen a case where Somi and I went to purify a house because this spirit would not leave the house since the house is the object. There needs to be a blood bond with an object.” Xiumin said.

 

“How is it possible? Does the spirit draw energy from the house?.” Haera asked.

 

“It did not but who knows, many things have changed and evolved since then.” Xiumin said.

 

“Then we’re going nowhere, if we keep adding things but it keeps going back to the object.” Haera said.

 

“I think she might have accidentally hurt herself and then touched the jade. That might of accidentally created the blood bond.” Xiumin said.

 

“Well then let’s go off of that idea then, what’s going to happen to her next?” Haera asked.

 

“I think the next move is to get the jade pendant and keep it safe. If the object is destroyed before the spirit then it will even be more difficult for us to remove him.” Xiumin said.

 

“I’ll try to take it from Yoora at school.” Haera said.

 

“I’ll keep reading more and find more details about this weird case.” Xiumin said.

 

Xiumin closed the book and Haera’s stomach growled. He shook his head and she chuckled.

 

“What do you want to eat?” Xiumin asked.

 

“I want some more of those cold noodles from that stall you took me to in the…”

 

The portal open next to them, on the other side of it was Xiumin’s room. 

 

“Let’s get going, I think they will close around 2 am.” Xiumin said.

 

“Alright!” Haera cheered.

 

Xiumin stood up, he reached a hand to her and helped her get up. Haera stood up and was about to walk through when Xiumin looked at her clothes.

 

“You’re going to wear your uniform to…”

 

“Nope, I’m going to borrow some clothes from you. I feel like wearing your hanboks.” Haera said.

 

“Fine.” Xiumin said.

 

Haera quickly walked into the portal while Xiumin grabbed his book and followed after her. The portal closed after him and then a few seconds later Tae called Haera from outside of her room. 

 

“Haera? Haera?” Tae called.

 

There was no answer and he used his nose to nudge the door open. He walked in and her room was the same as she left it this morning.

 

“Where is she? I’m so drained today from being a practice target. Maybe she’s at Eunji’s house.” Tae said.

 

Tae jumped up on her bed and dove under the covers, crawling his way up to her pillow. He laid his head on her pillow and sniffed her scent and there was also another fresh scent there too. He wondered who it was or if it was just a rodent. 

 

“Maybe it’s just a rodent.” Tae said.

 

Tae made a mental reminder to tell her not to come home so late because she could be targeted by bad people or even worse bad spirits or ghosts. He tried to close his eyes and get some sleep because he knew she would soon make it home.

Haera looked at her reflection in the mirror and saw Xiumin smirk. She turned around and crossed her arms. 

 

“What’s so funny.” Haera asked.

 

“You would wear the dark blue one?” Xiumin asked.

 

“Why?” Haera asked.

 

“Somi gave it to me.” Xiumin said.

 

“Isn’t everything you have a gift form her anyways?” Haera asked.

 

“She gave that one to me on the first day I became her suho. I’ve never worn it because it’s special and at the same time it’s not.” Xiumin said.

 

“I can take it off if you feel…”

 

“No, you’re already wearing it.” Xiumin said.

 

Haera tried to pull her hair up into a bun. Xiumin grabbed the see through top hat and made his way to her. Haera finish pulling her hair up and Xiumin helped her put the hat on. Once they were done dressi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter