011

Mudang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I made a promise about updating yesterday and here is that promise!

If you have not read the previous chapter please go back and read it.

Joon held onto Haera’s hand as they exited the small shop with Joon’s favorite fruit cake and red velvet cupcakes. Haera was already tired from the beginning, running on little sleep and walking around town with Joon holding hands whenever he got the chance to grab her hand. They ate lunch at a fancy restaurant, dessert at an ice cream shop, and then more snacks as they walked around more. They finally reached his parked car and Haera quickly climbed in and sat down letting her feet rest. Joon placed the cake and cupcakes behind in the back seat. Joon took his seat next to her and turned the car on. He looked over and saw Haera looking outside of the window. He reached his hand over and grabbed her hand, Haera turned and looked at him.

 

“Are you tired?” Joon asked.

 

“My feet are a little bit sore but my energy level is dangerously low.” Haera laughed.

 

Joon looked at her and laughed, he wondered how she could be low on sugar.

 

“How is it low when we had all that sugar.” Joon said.

 

Haera leaned her head back on the head rest and turned to look outside.

 

“Are we really going to your parent’s house?” Haera asked.

 

“Yes, well celebrate there and then I’ll take you home after.” Joon said.

 

“Fine then.” Haera said.

 

“It won’t be bad, let’s keep the mood positive?” Joon asked.

 

“Alright!” Haera yelled.

 

“That’s more like it!” Joon yelled.

 

Haera laughed but inside she felt like a storm was about to kick in later when she arrives at his house. Joon shifted the gear to drive and they drove onto the main road that leads to his parent’s house. Haera began to feel sick as they got closer and closer to the house. Before she knew it they had arrived, she took in a deep breath and exhale. She got out of the car and stood looking at the big white house on the hill. It was a few minutes away from their temple but if you glance at their house you would never guess they own a temple. They were rich to begin with and they ran a tech company which Joon works as an assistant for his father. Being Mudangs to them was like a hobby if you could say. Joon walked right up to her with the cake and cupcakes in one hand and wrapped his other hand around her shoulders. Haera turned her head and looked at him.

 

“It’ll be fine.” Joon said.

 

“I hope so too.” Haera said.

 

Joon lead her up to the front door and rang the doorbell. A few seconds later the door open and revealed his younger brother, Hyunmin. Haera breath a sigh or release as Hyunmin pulled her into his embrace.

 

“It’s been so long since we last saw one another.” Hyunmin said.

 

“I know, you’re almost as tall as Joon now.” Haera said.

 

“I’m taller than him now.” Hyunmin said.

 

Hyunmin stood next to Joon and it was indeed true, he stood a little over Joon now. Haera laughed and Hyunmin welcomed them in. Behind Hyunmin was someone Haera never saw before but his small frame, a little bit taller than her and gentle smile took her by surprise as he greeted her and pulled her into a warm hug.

 

“Hello, I’m Ryu. Hyunmin’s Suho.” Ryu greeted.

 

“Hello, I’m Haera. Hyunmin’s friend.” Haera said.

 

“Would you like something to drink?” Ryu asked.

 

“Not right at the moment.” Haera said.

 

“Then let’s go to the dining room.” Ryu said.

 

“Alright.” Haera said.

 

Ryu grabbed Haera’s hand and Joon grabbed her other hand. They both stopped and turned to look at Joon.

 

“Ryu, what did I tell you about grabbing people’s hands?” Joon asked.

 

“Oh stop it hyung. Ryu just wants to get to know Haera better.” Hyunmin said.

 

Ryu let go of Haera’s hand and looked down sad, Haera removed Joon’s hand and grabbed Ryu’s hand. 

 

“Let’s go to the dining room, Ryu.” Haera said.

 

Ryu looked up and smiled, he dragged her away and Joon turned to look at Hyunmin.

 

“Stop being so protective. Let her have some space.” Hyunmin said.

 

“Ryu needs to stop doing that to strangers, who knows he could let in robbers next time and serve them drinks and snacks.” Joon said.

 

“It’s just not Ryu your mad about, you even gave me a side glare when I hugged her.” Hyunmin said.

 

“I just haven’t seen her in so long.” Joon said.

 

“Alright, alright. Where’s Sora? Ryu wanted to show her something he made.” Hyunmin asked.

 

“I let her go have some fun time.” Joon said.

 

“Oh, I’ll tell him later but now hand me the cake and cupcakes.” Hyunmin said.

 

Joon handed them over and Hyunmin went to the kitchen. Joon walked into the dinning room and saw how the atmosphere had completely changed. His father was talking to Haera but his mom had this hatred in her glare as she looked at Haera. Joon took a seat next to Haera and held her hand. Joon smiled and rubbed her hand, she nodded to him.

 

“You’re still going to school.” His father asked.

 

“Yes, I’m in my last year of high school.” Haera said.

 

“Where is your suho?” He asked.

 

“I haven’t had my 18th birthday yet, so it’ll be awhile before I get one.” Haera said.

 

The conversation quickly ended when Joon’s mother grabbed her husband’s arm and Haera almost let out a sigh but then Joon’s mother started talking to her.

 

“Haera? I wonder why all of a sudden you showed up here tonight?” She asked.

 

She looked at Haera with the most disgust and Joon turned to his mother and looked at her trying to tell her to not be so mean.

 

“Mother.” Joon said.

 

“I’m just asking her a question.” She said.

 

“Joon brought me along to celebrate his birthday today.” Haera said.

 

“Oh, I see. I specifically told him not to bring you because it ruins my mood.” She said.

 

“Mother, please stop it.” Joon said.

 

“I don't want to be here but because Joon brought me here, I have decided to get along with you.” Haera said.

 

“It’s such a pity that you’re nothing like your mother, if you were like her. We would've let you marry Joonhyun at the set date that the elders picked out. It’s just sad that Mudang Jung forbid the wedding from happening. She wouldn’t want us to have bad luck running in our clan.” She said.

 

Haera gripped her dress tightly as she looked at Joon’s mother. Joon squeezed her hand tightly and tried to calm her down but she wasn’t going to back down without a fight. Ryu got up form his seat and went to the kitchen to find Hyunmin so he could bring the cake and stop this fight from happening.

 

“I feel even more sad for the woman who marries Joon in the future, she would have to put up with a mother-in-law like you. No one would marry Joon at that rate.” Haera said.

 

Joon’s mother crossed her arms and grinned at Haera, ready to strike a nerve.

 

“Oh, I don’t think so. I would of prefered it if Jihyo married Joon, at least she is someone who can bring us good luck in the future. Anyone is fine as long as it is not you.” She said.

 

“I hope so too, Jihyo would make a perfect daughter-in-law for you to control.” Haera said.

 

“I think I might go and ask for an arranged marriage, I think the elders would agree to let her marry into our clan. She has talent and her powers are getting stronger everyday.” She said.

 

Joon looked at his mom and tried to beg her not to do what she said.

 

“Mom, I’m not going to marry her Jihyo.” Joon said.

 

“Why didn’t you bring Jihyo instead of her.” She said.

 

Joon stood up and his mother also stood up. Joon looked at his mother angrily.

 

“I brought Haera here because I wanted to tell you that I want our engagement to happen again. I want to be with Haera and start over with Haera.” Joon said.

 

Joon’s mother almost fainted but her husband caught her and sat her back down. Haera looked at Joon shocked and Hyunmin almost dropped the cake but Ryu caught it before it landed on the ground.

 

“Mom, I want you to accept that I want to be with Haera.” Joon said.

 

“I will never let you be together with her. Mudang Jung told us that she is not your future. How can you go against her visions!” She yelled.

 

“I don’t care, I want to make my own future. I’m tired of running away, I want to live my own life.” Joon said.

 

“Never, even over my dead body. Haera is nothing but ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter