012

Mudang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week went by and to Haera’s surprise Joon never showed up. Sora showed up three days ago and comforted her but after that everything went back to being normal. She was able to take the token from Yoora at school. Haera looked down at the token in the box, she touched it with her finger. 

 

“What are you?” Haera asked. 

 

Haera heard the sound of the door slide open, she closed the box and set it on her stacks of books. Tae jumped onto the bed and sat down, Haera turned to face him as she put things in her bag. 

 

“Are you alright? You seemed down these past few days. You also had a nightmare too.” Tae said.

 

“I’m just stressed about school, it’s almost midterms and my grades aren’t that good.” Haera said.

 

“I know it’s hard and you still want to go to college after you graduate.” Tae said.

 

Haera walked over and wrapped her arms around Tae, she patted his back. Tae leaned his head on her shoulder, he wishes she would really tell him what’s on her mind. Haera let go of Tae and continued to put things into her backpack. Tae stared at her blankly as she gathered her things up. 

 

“When will you be home?” Tae asked.

 

“I was going to study at the library, so maybe before they close at 9 pm.” Haera said.

 

“I’ll get the cooks to pack you…”

 

“It’s alright, I’ll grab something to eat at the convenience store.” Haera said.

 

Tae laid down on the bed and Haera turned towards him. She rubbed his head and smiled. She knew he was up to something and she hated it when he was always poking his nose around. She looked around her room and made a mental picture of how things look before she was going to leave.

 

“I’m going now.” Haera said.

 

“See you later.” Tae said.

 

Haera swung her backpack on her back and left the room, Tae listened to the front door close. He jumped down from the bed and began wandering around the room. When Haera was younger, she was bullied a lot, she would hide things from Tae but he would find her ripped notebooks and textbooks. There were torn shoes and her uniform was always dirty. Tae took matters into his own hands after he found out. He told her father and Byunghyun went to the school to report the accident and they demanded the students to stop or they will face Temple punishments if they did not. 

 

“Let’s see what you’ve been hiding from me?” Tae said. 

 

Tae went towards her closet, he opened the door with his paw and looked around. There was nothing, he turned towards her desk, nothing looked out of the ordinary. He put his paws on the table to pull himself up to look around. He read the things on her desk and there was nothing. Tae accidentally hit the books on her desk and as he tried to turn around. They fell off the desk and the box opened up as it hit the floor. The jade pendant flew out and bounced off the ground to slide and hit the leg of the small table before it broke into small pieces. Tae tried to put the books up on the desk but he couldn’t so he moved them to the wall like how Haera would put them away. Tae saw the empty box and placed it on top of the book pile he made. He continued to look around the room but there was nothing. He left the room and went on his way to the main house.

Haera was on her way to class late since she was speaking to her homeroom teacher. She ran into one of her teachers, Mr. Seo who stopped her in the hallway. Haera greeted her teacher who seemed a bit worried.

 

“Hello Mr. Seo.” Haera greeted him with a smile.

 

“Are you close with Yoora?” Mr. Seo asked.

 

“She’s my partner for class and also a friend. What’s the matter?” Haera asked.

 

Mr. Seo nodded his head and told her about the call he received this morning from Yoora’s parents.

 

“Yoora won’t be coming to school for a few days. Her family called this morning because she was found unconscious and is in the ICU.” Mr. Seo said.

 

Haera looked at him with shock, she wondered what must have happened to Yoora to make her unconscious. Haera looked at Mr. Seo with worry.

 

“Is there any way I can contact her or her family? I’m worried about her.” Haera said.

 

“You don’t have her cell phone? You can go and ask the front office for her contact.” Mr. Seo said.

 

“Thank you for letting me know.” Haera said.

 

“Since she is in the hospital, I have decided you can turn in your project as is and I will still give you points for what you have left to do.” Mr. Seo said.

 

“Thank you Mr. Seo.” Haera said.

 

“I’ll be on my way and so should you, class is starting soon.” Mr. Seo said.

 

Haera bowed to Mr. Seo and he left while Haera stood there in shock. She decided it would be best if she get Yoora’s phone number. Haera walked to the front office and greeted the desk worker there.

 

“Hello, I came to ask if I could get Yoora’s personal contact. I heard from my teacher that she is in the hospital and we have a project to do.” Haera asked.

 

“I don’t think I can give you her information.” She said.

 

“Please, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter