003

Mudang
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haera felt a cold hand run down her arm and she grabbed it with her hand. She quickly sat up and he put his free hand up in surrender. Haera breathed in and out rapidly before letting go of his hand. She looked around and noticed she was at Xiumin’s palace.

“Did you have to scare me like that Xiumin?” Haera asked.

Haera stared at him and he pointed his finger at her. A snowflake appeared and floated towards Haera’s cheek and melted on contact. She felt the cold spark on her cheek and she glared back at him.

“What?” Xiumin asked.

“It’s not funny,” Haera said.

Haera laid down on her side and stares back at him. He snaps his fingers and places his pointer finger in between her brows.

“It’s the seventh time already. Are you going keep this up?” Xiumin asked.

Haera closed her eyes and it felt like she was sleeping in the middle of a snowy mountain. The sensation was cooling and she smiled. Xiumin chuckled and then focused on cooling her internal temperature.

“I feel like I have to do it,” Haera said.

Haera opened her eyes and looked at him, Xiumin removed his hand. He pulled her up and she slouched as she sat. 

“What?” Haera asked.

“I think you should stop. It might not be good for you. You’re burning up and it takes a while for you to cool down.” Xiumin said.

“But you can help me,” Haera said.

“But I’m not sure about in the long term what if I can’t…”

Haera felt her forehead and then placed her hand on his forehead. She was slightly warmer than Xiumin but she shrugged her shoulders.

“Then I’ll find something else to help me,” Haera said.

“It’s not that easy, what if you’re in danger?” Xiumin asked.

“I won’t be. Remember I’m getting a suho soon.” Haera said.

Xiumin looks at her sadly, she places a hand on his shoulder.

“You should be happy that you are Somi’s suho. She from the 2nd clan and highly respected to be the next great priestess.” Haera said,

“But we’ve always been friends when you were just a baby,” Xiumin said.

“I know but you belong to Somi now,” Haera said.

Xiumin crossed his arms, turning away from her. Haera rolled her eyes and mentally scolded herself. She knew Xiumin didn’t like it when she said he belongs to someone.

“I mean bonded to Somi now,” Haera said.

Haera turned him around to face her. She looked into his eyes and ruffled his hair.

“Speaking of Somi, where is she?” Haera asked.

“She told me to not bother her when she is meditating,” Xiumin said.

“She’s probably going into training to be the next priestess,” Haera said.

“She had me locked up in my room all day, only calling out to me once in a while,” Xiumin said.

Haera mentally sighed and looked at him. Haera placed her hand on his shoulder and gently squeezed it.

“Does she know you came to help me?” Haera asked.

“No, I never tell her that because she doesn’t even care for me,” Xiumin said.

“Still, what if you get in trouble,”  Haera asked.

“You're my friend and I will come to you when you need help. I don’t care about Somi.” Xiumin said.

Haera mentally sighed and thought she should leave. She didn’t want anybody knowing she can go to the different dimension.

“I probably have to get back. They’re probably looking for me.” Haera said.

“Already? I had some servants prepare snacks and drinks.” Xiumin pouted.

“I can stay another time but I have to go now. Where is my uniform?” Haera asked.

“I had them washed and now they're out drying in the sun,” Xiumin said.

Haera stood up and looked down at her clothes, she was in a pink hanbok. She looked at Xiumin with glaring eyes and he chuckled.

“You know that I don’t like pink,” Haera said.

“The servants dressed you, so don’t have an attitude with me,” Xiumin said.

“Fine,” Haera said.

“Alright, let’s go,” Xiumin said.

Xiumin slid the wooden door open and Haera f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter