ღ 07 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The female doctor opened the bandage Yeri put herself around her feet, "You really ran in the relay race with this leg?" She asked, "It must have hurt so much,"

"How is she?" Jungwoo asked worriedly.

The doctor smiled, "Thankfully, I don't think she broke any bones," She assured the man, "So, she'll be fine if she goes to the hospital tomorrow," The woman stood up and put both of her hand in her white coat's pocket, "I will go and get some painkillers,"

"All right," The man said.

He took a sit infront of the girl, "The thing is, 선생님 (Mr. Kim)," Yeri tried to explain something but her teacher cut her words.

"When I was eighteen years old, my mom passed away," Jungwoo confessed, "She died in an accident. But for about half a year or so after that, I couldn't eat or sleep properly. Because I felt as if my mom's death had been my fault," Yeri lowered her head as she heard that, "Then, one day a thought came to me. 'Would my mum be happy to see me in this state, right now?'. The answer was 'of course not'. Because if I were her, I wouldn't want to see someone I love living burdened by guilt because of me," Yeri's eyes shaking, "And, in my opinion, I think your older brother would feel the same way, too. If I were your older brother that's what I would've wanted to say to you. That it wasn't your fault. That, there's no person in this world who should feel guilty just because they survived,"

"The one that deserved to live wasn't me but my older brother," Yeri's expression slowly darkened as she said that, "Because, no matter how hard I try, I can't become like my older brother," She tried to hold her tears back.

Jungwoo crouched infront of the girl and started to wrap the bandage nicely around her feet, "And who cares if our class loses on Sport Day because of you?" A bead of tears coming out from her left eyes, "Getting first place is worth nothing, so who cares if you don't win it?" He lifted his head up to look at the girl, "You're more than good enough merely by being you. I mean it," He paused, "Someone out there, definitely feels that it's more than good enough that you're just merely right infront of them," Jungwoo stand up, slowly put his hand onto the girl's head and started to caressed her hair.

Yeri was already drowning in tears as of now, "It's okay," He looked at the girl with full of care and love as if he doesn't need anything else in this world other than her, only her.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jungwoo felt uncomfortable with his stomach ever since after lunch. He throwed up quiet a lot as soon as he was done with all of the games. But eventhough his body is hurting at the moment, he still couldn't stop thinking on how stupid he is for not knowing that the girl hurts because of him.

"Jeez, I know you were overexerting yourself back there," Doyoung shook his head looking at Jungwoo's back, "Were you doing an Ironman Competition by yourself, or something?"

Jungwoo flushed the toilet as he stands up, grabbed his hurting chest, trying to grasp for a breath, "That's not why I'm sick," He claimed as he walked out from the toilet with a weak step.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jungwoo was on his way to the nurse office when someone walked pass by him, "Is Yeri," He asked the man, "all right?" He barely  has enough energy to say those words.

The man turned around with a fierce expression, "Are you even curious about that?" He attacked the boy, "You, of all people, should have known," Jungwoo scolded his younger self, "You, at the very least, should've known if she was sick or injured or why she couldn't say that she was injured!" He raised his voice towards the innocent boy infront of him. Jungwoo clenched both of his fist, trying to hold back all the emotions he has been bottling up till now, "You, of all people, should have known!"

"I'm already plenty pissed off as it is," Jungwoo tried so hard to not get the tears out from his eyes, "How is any of this any of your business?" He grinted his teeth.

The man took a step forward towards the boy, "Because I've realized too many things just now, because of you!" He was blaming himself, "And because of that, I feel even more remorseful and guilty than you do!" He shouted and was about to left the boy behind when Jungwoo suddenly coughed.

Jungwoo couldn't hide the pain he felt anymore at this very moment, his body is already full with rashes, and he's slowly losing his will to breath, "Hey, what's wrong?" The man looked at the crouching Jungwoo.

"Just go," The boy said as he tried to stable himself by grabbing his knees.

Jungwoo ignored his words and went to the boy. He took a look at his body that's full with red marks now, "Did you, by any chance eat anything with nuts in it during lunchtime?" The boy grabbed his hurting chest instead of answering the question, "Hey, you idiot! Don't you know that you have a nut allergy?"

"Even you know that so why wouldn't I know?" Jungwoo punched his chest for few times in hope it could make he felt less pain than he already is.

"Why did you eat it, then?" The man demand for an answer.

"Because I like her!" Jungwoo raised his voice, "Because I like her," He paused, "Because I like her," He repeated the holy words for three times infront of a man he barely knows.

Jungwoo knows he has allergy for nuts. But because of the girl, because of Kim Yeri, he could do anything for her. Though, it might kills him. He knows that moment he put the nuts into his mouth, he would be in the biggest pain he could ever feel but what can he do when that's the only way for him to show his feelings towards the girl?

He could feel that his body slowly getting weaker by time that he couldn't even stand up properly, "You ran the relay race in this state?" The man managed to catch the boy before he fell.

"This is the only thing I can do for her," Jungwoo confessed, "So what else was I supposed to do?"

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jungwoo ended up to be in the same room as Yeri. He took the pills given by the female doctor and put it into his mouth alon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter