ღ 05 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Note **Don't forget to vote on the poll I have at the end of this chapter.

 

 

Jungwoo was holding onto the personal profiles of his new students in the office room. He turned into the pages and it went to Yeri's page right away. He smiled.

"He needs to know things about Yeri for him to not mess up like before," There's a sudden idea popped out in Jungwoo's mind, "If he can't even feed himself, I'll spoon-feed him," He claimed. He has decided to go all out to help the little Jungwoo approached Yeri.

As soon as he turned around, he could see someone was walking towards him, "Hey, class rep! Come here," He called out for Doyoung, "Tell Kim Jungwoo to put this on my desk in the teachers' office," Jungwoo gave an instruction that was hard to understand by the boy infront of him.

"Pardon?" Doyoung frowned and hesitated to accept the file given by his teacher. They're already in office but why he asked Doyoung to do that?

But Jungwoo sterned with his words, "I said give it to Jungwoo and tell him to put this on my desk," He literally force the boy to do it eventhough he refused.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Doyoung entered the class with a furrow eyebrows. He walked towards Jungwoo who was sitting on the table instead of chair and doing nothing, "Hey, our homeroom teacher told me to give you this," He passed the file his teacher asked him to, "And he said he wants you to put it back on his desk," Doyoung continued.

Jungwoo has the same reaction as Doyoung, "What does that even mean?" He asked but Doyoung just shrugged to his question before he went to his own place and started doing his non-existence work because he has done with all of his homework last night.

He started to flip the paper, page by page, and read the section where the teacher describes them, "Wow, how did our homeroom teacher put this together so quickly?" It has only been few days since the new teacher comes but he was already done with their self-profile. He lifted his head up and could see Yeri was walking towards her place. Jungwoo couldn't help but smile upon seeing her. 

Suddenly there's an idea came across his mind. If he's holding onto the personal profiles of his class, then that's mean, Yeri included in it right? He brought the file to the bathroom and sit in one of it to see the profile.

"Wow, this is really amazing," He exclaimed with an awe expression plastered on his face. He took his phone out and started to take the picture of Yeri's profile, more to he took a picture of Yeri's photo pasted on the paper.

Turn out that Jungwoo was there in the toilet and he was washing his hand when he heard the little Jungwoo talked about him, "I can't believe that jackass of a homeroom teacher could actually be helpful," Jungwoo said those words without much thought and he didn't know that his teacher actually heard to it.

Jungwoo raised one of his eyebrows and scoffed, "Just sit while on your back and poop lying down, why don't you?" He complained when he heard the boy talked back on him.

"Kim Yeri," Jungwoo came out with the file opened, "Favourite movie, If Only. Favourite song, Into The New World. Favourite animal, puppies," He tried to remember all of the things listed in the profile, "Huh? Why does all of this seem really familiar?" He thought.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jungwoo was walking towards the office when he saw someone familiar from the window beside him. He immediately stopped himself from moving anywhere further. Few of his students were playing with ball at the field and he could spot Yeri is one of it.

The movie she liked. The food she liked.  The song she liked. He knows all of these things about her. And yet, there's one thing that he didn't know about her. Who was the person that she liked back then? He exhaled towards the window infront of him and drawed a mark question on the window.

ღ-ღ-ღ

"Hey," Jungwoo disturbed Jaehyun who was busy playing with his phone at that moment, "I watched 'that' last night," The word 'that' from Jungwoo sure sounds suspicious to anyone who heard it.

Jaehyun seems like he has zero interest in it, "What? Did you watch again?" He said while his eyes locked on the phone, "If your older sister catches you doing that, you're dead meat, man!" He claimed.

Yeri and Saeron who was sitting not too far from them startled to hear the shocking news, "What are you talking about?" Jungwoo whispered those words a little bit too loud in Jaehyun's ears, "I'm saying that I saw a movie!" He pressed on the word 'movie', "If Only," Jungwoo said with an obvious Korean style pronounciation.

The title he said managed to attract Yeri's attention, "If Only? What does that mean?" Jaehyun asked his friend since he muttered English words. Well, obviously Jaehyun knows the meaning since he's an ace for English.

Jungwoo lost his smile when Jaehyun, the english genius asked him that question, "What?"

"You don't even know what the title means, and yet... ugh, hey!" He was about to hit the boy but managed to hold his hand well, "Just stick with Korean movies," He scoffed.

Suddenly Jaehyun got a phone call from someone forcing him to leave the scene.

"It means, 'it would've been good if I did something'," Yeri explained the meaning of the words to the clueless boy whom sitting not too far from her.

"What?"

Yeri smiled, "That's the literal translation of the title. But when you watch the movie, you find out that it's about the male protagonist's regret and his desire to save the female protagonist. That's probably what it's referring to, right?"

"Oh," Jungwoo stuttered, "Yeah. That's what it meant," He was feeling awkward after the girl gave a long explanation to the movie he said he liked it.

Both of the girl left the scene when the bell rang since it's time for the next class, "I also agree with Jaehyun," Saeron said before leaving to the class, "Just stick with Korean movies," She gave a really wise advice for her friend, Jungwoo, "You're really such an idiot," 

Jungwoo scoffed, looking at Jaehyun who was still on the phone at that moment, "It would be so nice if I could just kill Jaehyun right now," He claimed, "Damn it," He cursed as he scratched the back of his head in frustration.

ღ-ღ-ღ

"You guys know that the sport day is coming up soon, right?" Jungwoo made an announcement infront of the class, "One thing we need to pick representative for is the three-legged race," He explained, "As always, volunteers will get priority. Alright, raise your hand if you want to volunteer," Both of Saeron and Doyoung was about to raise their hand but Jungwoo failed them, "Ah there aren't any. Then, I'll have no choice but too choose myself,"

The whole class frowned to watch their teacher's weird behaviour. Jungwoo put his hand on his chin as a way of thinking, "Hm," He hummed, "Today is the 12th, so I will pick number 1, Kim Jungwoo, for the boys and number 10, Kim Yeri, for the girls,"

Yeri automatically turned her head, looking at the boy, "Oh! It's us two," She exclaimed.

"Um, yeah. You're right," Jungwoo felt awkward by the sudden attention from the girl.

Jungwoo smiled looking at two of them, "Alright, any objections? None, I see. All right," To be honest, he didn't let anyone to talk because he knows how stubborn the kids in his class could be if he let them to talk.

"쌤," A voice that he was hoping will not open his mouth disrupted him. Both Jungwoo looked at him in instant, "But, you know what does today being the 12th have anything to do with picking number one among the boys and number ten among the girls?"

"Well, you see, there's a really important reason behind that," Jungwoo slowly made his way to Jaehyun's place and slammed his both hand on the table.

"Shut your mouth," Both Jungwoo said the three words simultaneously as they grinted their teeth.

After Jungwoo gave a warn to Jaehyun, he continued with his speech, "At any rate, these two will be doing the three-legged race. So make sure you practice whenever you have time. That's all for announcements," He paused, "If any of you skip night classes, you're dead," He gave a warning to all of his students, "But I will allow the two representatives to practice during night classes too," Jungwoo claimed.

Jungwoo quietly smiled to the words but then Yeri startled him, "Do you want to practice a bit later?" He tried to maintain his poker face when Yeri talked to him.

"Sure," He simply answered nervously and smiled right away. Jungwoo totally couldn't hide his smile at this moment.

"I've done this much for him already, so he probably won't ruin all of this for himself, right?" The man muttered alone before he left the class.

As soon as their teacher exits from the classroom, Jungwoo takes his phone out and started to write the things Yeri likes on the notebook he had on his table as he took the picture of the self-profile before.

ღ-ღ-ღ

"Maintaining a steady rhythm is important when it comes to three-legged races," Jungwoo said as he tighten the cloth wrapped around Yeri's right feet and his left feet, "So they say it's good to run to the beat of a song," He continued.

"Oh," Yeri nodded her head in agree.

Jungwoo stand up, "How about 'Into The New World'?" The boy asked, "The song by Girls' Generation,"

Yeri smiled upon listening to his recommendation, "Oh, you like that song?" She asked while looking at the boy who is at least 20cm taller than her, "I like it, too,"

He looked awkward upon hearing to her answer, "Oh, really?" Jungwoo's lips formed a smile.

"That song is my ringtone, too,"

"Oh, that's my ringback tone," Jungwoo claimed.

"I will need to call you often, then, so I can listen to that song," Yeri said.

"Oh," Jungwoo nodded, "Then I'll call you often, too," He paused, lowering his head as he blushed, "So you can listen to the song," He mumbled.

They looked at each other and smiled. Jungwoo didn't kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter