ღ 30 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Instead of going home, Jungwoo brought himself to their highschool, Garam High School. The place that held thousand of memories for them. No matter it's good or bad memories, it's still memories that Jungwoo promised to take it until the end of his life.

He walked around the school with a really odd feelings. This place somehow looks like a pain to him at the moment.

Jungwoo reached the gate where he met Yeri for the first time when he's back 10 years older to the past. If he didn't catch Yeri back then, will the future change? Will there be a really happy ending for them?

Then, his feets moved again and this time, he entered his classroom where the two of them used to be in before. In fact, all of them, Jungwoo, Doyoung, Jaehyun, Saeron and last but not least Yeri. It's all great before. When did the things started to change?

He stopped at Yeri's table. This is where she sat before, and this is where all the smiles come from. She would always have a smile on her face everytime she talked to either Saeron or even Jungwoo himself. The smile never fade away before, it's just when the situation changes, the smile could never be the same to him anymore.

Though she's smiling, it looks like there's pain that she hid behind it. And the fact that Jungwoo was actually the one who caused it, he couldn't say anything about it. He couldn't even say sorry to the woman because both of them hurted.

At last, he reached the basketball court where the little Jungwoo became friend with Yeri. Since his memories were all mixed up, he wasn't sure whether this was really the place where he fell in love with Yeri for the first time or not.

As his mind wandered around thinking about the day when he first met Yeri, suddenly someone bakchugged him totally startled the man. Jungwoo stunned but it wasn't too.long before he could hear a soft voice calling out for his name.

"Jungwoo­-yah,"

He knew this voice, it's....

"And... 선생님 (Mr. Kim)," She stopped, smacking her lips, "And... that little kid too," The woman mentioned, "all of those people were you?" She asked, "All those people I liked were all really you?"

Jungwoo turned around and pulled Yeri into a hug. Yeri locked her arms around the man's waist and leaned her head onto his warm chest, "For me..." The man started to talk, "it was always you. Eventhough I went back in time and no amtter what time I lived in.. my answer was always... only you," He confessed, "I thought I would lost you again,"

"How could I go when now, I finally know what she meant by that?" She pulled herself out from the hug and looked at Jungwoo, "Your mother's final request, I mean,"

"Oh, yes. I have one more favor to ask you," Jungwoo's mother turned her attention back towards Yeri.

Yeri smiled, "Yes, go ahead,"

"Please take care of my sons,"

The girl frowned, "Your... sons?" She awkwardly asked. Did Jungwoo has any other male siblings? That thought came across her mind.

She nodded, "Yeah," The woman insisted, "Um... if my silly Jungwoo isn't able to say anything to you then, when you meet him later, like, much later... don't say that you hate him. Instead, be nice to him. Do it for me," She asked the girl for a favor, "My Jungwoo will have grown up to be a kind, upstanding young man. I can guarantee you that," She assured the girl before her eyes shifted onto the ring wrapped the girl's finger, "This fits you so well, as if it was meant to be yours, huh? I really hope that you'll keep this on your finger for a long, long time,"

They're now sitting at the bench near the court. Jungwoo took out the ring from his coat and passed it to Yeri, "I'll give this back to you," He said. Yeri looked at Jungwoo upon his words, "I'm sure that my mum would definitely want you to have this,"

Yeri smacked her lips before she finally took the ring from Jungwoo's hand. She wore back the ring around her fingers and smiled, "To be honest," She started talking with her eyes locked on the man, "I missed you," Yeri confessed, "Quite a lot,"

Jungwoo put his arms around Yeri's shoulders as she leaned her head on Jungwoo, "All I can say to you is that I'm sorry," Yeri continued, "And after that would be, I want to see you. And that I missed you. And then I think of other things I want to say to you which makes me feel bad," Her face darkened as she said that. Jungwoo who noticed that slowly calm the woman down by patting her arms,

"And then... on days that I start thinking that it should've been me who got on that ferry... I missed 선생님 (Mr. Kim) quite a lot," Yeri smiled upon her own thoughts, "And I didn't even know that he was actually you. So I guess that, for the past ten years I was only ever thinking about you," She ended her words as her eyes moved upwards, looking at the man, "What about you?"

Jungwoo let out a silent sigh, "My memories are all a mess, in terms of chronological order and space-time," He claimed, "My memories of the first 2008 that I lived through where we parted ways without knowing anything. And my memories as a a 28-year-old when I went back to 2008. And my memories of coming to 2018, as an 18-year-old. And my memories of returning to 2008 and having lived my life up until now," Jungwoo told her, "All of those things are things that I experienced. And so, all of those memories are mine. Sometimes, I get confused and get things mixed up. But, one thing is for sure," He stopped as he looked at the Yeri, "And that's the fact that I met you every single time... and like you and so... I was always waiting for you,"

Yeri smiled upon his last words and so did, Jungwoo. Both of them had their eyes locked on each other. As soon as the last syllable escaped his lips, Jungwoo found himself interlocked in a kiss as he pulled the woman closer and pressed his lips against hers. The kiss wasn't a passionate kiss but it's more like a longing one as they're always missing each other, not even for a year or two but 10 years long.

Jungwoo didn't expect that he would have his first kiss with his first love after 10 years liking and loving her. And so did Yeri, she couldn't believe that all of the people that she liked and she adored were all Jungwoo. If only she knew it earlier... But why was that even matters now? All that matters now, both of them are together now and they planned to stay like this, forever.

The tender touch they shared make the surrounding around disappear. There wasn’t anything else in the world except the burning flame of their love. Something about this feeling makes Yeri feel like everything will be okay. And finally, both of them could find the happiness they're all searching for after all these times.

Fate seemed cruel and powerful and impossible to change no matter what he did even when he re-lived his life. But now he knows that the truly powerful thing hadn't been fate. Even when he re-lived his life... she was the one I liked every time. And she liked me back each and every time. And... his mum.

Their miraculous present which was made possible through the love of all of these people.

ღ-ღ-ღ

"There isn't anything that you want?" Yeri asked both of them were walking down the streetes where she walked with little Jungwoo before. Jungwoo had his arms around Yeri and Yeri had her arms wrapped around the man's waist.

He smiled, "Yeah," Jungwoo answered, "I only have things that I want to give to you," He said before planted a kiss on the woman's head. He chuckled to his own action.

"Exactly," Yeri smiled, "I'm only ever receiving things from you," She complained.

"Well, then... a birthday present," He stopped, making the woman faced him, "Every day, until I become 100 years old," Jungwoo said and put a peck; again but this time it's on her forehead.

Yeri chuckled upon his silly action. He's really adorable, seriously. Why can't they be together earlier? She didn't know that she would be this happy to have Jungwoo by her side. Just the fact that he's here with her, was enough to make she smiles for the whole day.

"Coming here makes me want to see Deokgoo," Yeri said in which she means the little Jungwoo.

Jungwoo furrowed both of his eyebrows, "Deokgoo?" The name suddenly sounds like unfamiliar to him, "It almost feels like I'm hearing you say your ex-boyfriend's name,"

The woman laughed and Jungwoo joined her a moment later, "I kind of want to see that punk, too," He confessed.

In his own time, that punk is... he's walking forward cautiously, step by step and following in Jungwoo's footsteps. 

ღ-ღ-ღ

[2008]

Jungwoo entered the class with a book in his hand. He took a sit at his own place before he started to write something on the book that was originally there, on the table,

You're definitely with Yeri right now, right? Yeri is happy, right? I'll believe that. And so, I've decided to bet everything I have on that future. Because I can't have your and Yeri's present change because of me. 

He heaved out a sigh and closed the book. Today, he had an appointment with Taemin for his future plan. Taemin told the students to write their plan on a piece of paper and Jungwoo was already get it done that moment he asked them to do it.

Jungwoo went to the special office room which located not too far from teacher's office. He opened the door and as expected, Taemin was already there, waiting for him. He took a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter