ღ 27 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Yes, this is the hospital, correct?" The man was calling someone, "Please connect me to Doctor Lee Taeyong in the Orthopedics Department," Jungwoo asked for a help from the receptionist.

ღ-ღ-ღ

"You want me to make it so that Yeri can leave Garam Island?" Taeyong said as he took a sip of coffee infront of him. He frowned.

Jungwoo's lips slightly curved upwards, "You have the power to do that," He claimed, "You can get her back to Seoul or wherever else that isn't here,"

Taeyong found it funny and absurd. The man infront of him really spouting nonsense things, "I just don't get it," He said as a small laugh escaped his mouth, "Didn't you like Yeri?" Taeyong asked, "And yet, here you are, asking another man who likes this woman to help her leave, when you like her," He tried to take it positively, "To put it in your terms, I don't think you're 'following the rules',"

"No," Jungwoo quickly denied it, "This is the final rule that is left to me now. To make sure that Yeri leaves here, no matter what it takes and make it so that she won't have to see me anymore," He ended his words.

Taeyong felt confused and totally couldn't understand with what the man was trying to say, "And what... is the reason for this?"

"Because Yeri will feel more and more unhappy... the more she sees me,"

Still, he couldn't get the true meaning behind his words. But then, he could the sincerity and desperation in Jungwoo's eyes, "But before that I must know what happened between you and Yeri," Jungwoo shifted slowly onto the man, "But.. did you and Deokgoo plan this, by any chance?" He asked.

Jungwoo frowned as the news sounds fresh to him, "Deokgoo?"

"Why is it that both of you came to see me, and said the same things?"

Taeyong was typing on the time Yeri should meet him and Jungwoo was about to leave the room. Jungwoo stopped and turned around, went back to the male doctor, "Doctor," He stood beside him.

"Yeah?"

Jungwoo smiled, "I have a favor to ask of you," He started his words, "Isn't it too much of a waste to keep Doctor Kim Yeri in the countryside? I feel like Seoul suits her better," Jungwoo claimed, "Please make that happen," The latter asked for a help from the man, "If you do that... then I'll ive up my place as first in line to you,"

ღ-ღ-ღ

Yeri turned off her phone as soon as she leaves the place just like what the boy asked him to do. She opened her message and a message from Taeyong popped out. But then she frowned when she saw a message from herself coming in. Yeri clicked on it but her eyebrows furrowed even more as she read through it, 

'I told you that I'd tell you my name, right? My name is... Kim Jungwoo.'

ღ-ღ-ღ

And the fact was... Jungwoo was still there totally soaked under the rain though he has an umbrella in his hand. Maybe, just maybe, he tried to hide the tears that wouldn't stop coming out, dripping down his cheeks as he surpressed the pain he felt at the moment. 

Jungwoo too... he never expected that these would be the end for them...

"Hate me and resent me... and when you get tired of hating me, just forget about everything. I'll live forever live on without ever forgetting this,"

That's the reason why he told the woman to not be in pain anymore... because he was there too, listening to all of their conversation. Jungwoo shouldn't be there... He shouldn't be there, he shouldn't hear all of that...

"Kim Jungwoo... that was his name... I like him... quite a lot,"

Now that he knows Yeri's true feelings on him, Jungwoo wasn't sure how he should live his life from this very moment because one mistake would ruin everything...

What the hell he should do to make everything right?

ღ-ღ-ღ

One month later

Jungwoo woke up due to his loud alarm that he sets last night. He picked up his phone and turned off the alarm, "Ugh," He cussed, "I don't want to go to school!" The man whined.

"You have no choice but to go if you want to make a living,"

It has been a month since the boy left but why the hell he could hear his voice sometimes? It's scary as .

"What are you going to do if you don't go?" Wendy popped out at the door of his room, "Are you going to dig up dirt and eat that instead? Hurry up and get out here! Let's eat breakfast," She said as she slammed the door to close it.

Jungwoo rolled his eyes, "Don't you mean, 'make breakfast'?" He heaved out a loud sigh, "Ugh, I shouldn't have moved back here," And now, he was regretting his decision to come back to his hometown, "I should've lived alone in Seoul," Jungwoo made a statement, "Ugh!" He pulled out himself from blanket and was about to stand up when he saw there's two pillow laying on the floor,

"We lived together for only a couple of days but it's become a habit already,"

The man went to bathroom to get himself ready. He was just done brushing his teeth as he looked around and could see everything that was in the bathroom is double in quantity. It's all the things the boy used it while he's here. Jungwoo went back. But there were still traces of him left behind, here and there. His lips curved upwards, forming a small smile before he left the bathroom.

Wendy and Jungwoo was having their breakfast without Jane since she's in Seoul,

"Hey, Kim Jungwoo! I told you not to only pick out the stems and eat them!" Wendy hit the man's head using the spoon she held. Jungwoo rubbed his head as he groaned in pain, "I thought you fixed that bad habit when you grew up. How much older do you need to get to stop doing this, already?" She complained.

Jungwoo gritted his teeth, "This wasn't me!" He said in denial.

"Only you and I live here, so who else would've done it?" Wendy tried to hit the man again but he managed to stop the woman.

"There was one other person here!" Jungwoo exclaimed.

Upon that statement, Wendy seemed like she could read the situation, "Oh yeah," She said but the she passed a glare towards Jungwoo, "Oh, as if! You're trying to blame him, when his life is pitiful enough?" The woman complained, "How could there be another kid with the same terrible eating habits as you?"

Jungwoo let out a sigh of frustration, "Wow!" He continued to eat his food so that he could surpress the anger he had deep inside his heart.

"Is he doing well?" Wendy's question made the man stopped from shoving a spoon of rice inside his mouth, "What about the loan sharks? Did they all leave?"

The man shrugged, "Well... yeah. Probably,"

"Aren't you even worried?" Wendy provoked him.

"Why don't you worry about the brother that's right infront of you, instead?" Jungwoo complained and Wendy sticked out her tongue, "He's doing fine," He finally answered her question, "It's because he's doing fine now that I'm doing fine now, too,"

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jungwoo needs to take a bus to go to his school and he preferred a public transportation rather than driving a car. He was standing inside the bus while holding onto the pole when his eyes fell on a woman that was asleep, sitting at the same place Yeri sat 10 years ago.

There were some changes that happened after he went back. When they started occupying different space-times, the memories that he had from back then were shared with Jungwoo.

ღ-ღ-ღ

"선생님 (Mr. Kim), tell me about your first love!" Suddenly, a student asked him the crucial question after he had done in giving they some tasks to do.

"Whoo!" "Whoo!" The whole class encouraged him to do so.

Jungwoo smiled as he put down the file he had in his hand, "How about you guys change up you repertoire? Aren't you guys tired of hearing about it?"

"We heard that you told the other class about it!" A student in his class spoke, "About how you feel for you first love at first sight!" She complained.

"Tell us! Tell us!" They urged him to do so.

A male student attacked him with question, "Where did you meet her? And how, exactly?"

Jungwoo chuckled, "Well, the thing is... um..." Suddenly, he lost his words, "I caught her when she jumped from the gate----," Jungwoo stopped, "Oh. I made a three-pointer with a basketball, and---," Again, "Wait, no. Was it the bus?" The man started to get confuse with his own memory.

"Oh, come on!" "What the..." The students whined, "Did you go out with her?" "Did you confess?"

The man felt lost, "Oh, as for my confession... when I met her for the first time in 10 years, in Seoul," He cut his word, "No, ten years ago, at Firefly Bridge," Jungwoo paused for a while as he put his fingers on the side of his head, "Wait, no. That wasn't ten years ago,"

"Huh?" "What's with him?"

Jungwoo couldn't say anything other than let out a small laugh before he left the class.

ღ-ღ-ღ

After he went back, Jungwoo started getting letters from the past. He was walking down the hallways with some students greeted him but his eyes still locked on his phone that was in his hand. Jungwoo smiled upon reading the email,

"선생님 (Mr. Kim). You were waiting for my email again, weren't you? Because I'm probably the only who contacts you."

Jungwoo snorted, "Look at him, acting like the same doesn't apply to him," He shook his head as he let out a small chuckle.

ღ-ღ-ღ

[2008]

While in the past, Jungwoo was infro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter