ღ 16 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Yeri was waiting for her phone to get repair at the repair centre, "It was difficult to fix this. Please don't drop it again," The man said as he passed the fixed phone to the girl infront of him.

"It's all fixed now?" Yeri asked with an excited smile plastered on her face.

"Yes," The man nodded.

Yeri took the phone from him and gave him the money she had in her hand, "Thank you," She thanked the man before left the store.

She walked out from the store when suddenly she bumped into someone causing her phone to fall on the floor, again. Yeri quickly picked the phone up and looked at the boy who was about to walk away from her, "Is it a habit of yours to not know how to apologize?" She sure she has a lot to say to the boy but it's just she never got a chance.

Lucas turned his body around with a mock smile, "Oh my. I'm oh-so very sorry," He apologized when obviously the words sound so insincere to her ears.

"Isn't there another person you should apologize to, besides me?" Yeri said.

The boy raised his eyebrows, "Who?"

"I heard from everyone else," She claimed, "Everyone forgot about it since they thought it was too boring to gossip about," She paused, "but the person who smoked in the bathroom that day was you," Yeri scoffed, "How could you walk around with your head held high after framing Jungwoo for it? And you didn't apologize to him at all!"

Lucas was obviously has no interest in listening to all her nonsense rambling at that moment, "What about you then? Did you apologize to Kim Jungwoo?" It's his turn to ask a question.

"What?"

The boy sighed, "Oh, wait, no," He changed his mind, "Maybe what you shouldn't be doing is apologizing but thanking him, instead," Lucas claimed.

Yeri looked clueless, "What...," She stuttered, "What are you talking about?"

"All right, I will be up front with you," Lucas told her when he's too lazy to play around with the girl, "I didn't frame Kim Jungwoo for the cigarette incident. He chose to take the blame for it. All because of you,"

The girl frowned. Because of her? What does that suppose to mean?

ღ-ღ-ღ

"Hey, Lucas. Are you really going to sell this?" His friend asked him as he told him that he's going to let go his favourite motorbike.

Lucas let out a slight smile, "Give me a decent price for it, please," He told his friend.

"What's gotten into you? You love this bike," 

"I was told that I would die while riding this," Lucas told the reason behind why he wants to sell the bike to someone else.

"What?" The man frowned.

Lucas shrugged as he reminded of the things his teacher told him before he left the school,

"You think I told you this so that you could die? No, I'm telling you so that you can avoid dying," Jungwoo told Lucas.

The boy furrowed his eyebrows, "How do you know something that will happen next year---,"

"Don't ask me how I know," The man cut his words, "You wouldn't get it even if I told you, and I can't tell you anyway," Jungwoo explained, "If it makes you feel better, my instincts have been quite off lately," He claimed, "You saw how I was wrong about Kim Jungwoo," He ended his words and continued cleaning his desk, "Oh yeah," Jungwoo has more to tell the boy, "I've taken care of the cigarette incident, more or less," He shifted his eyes towards Lucas, "Last time, you used an underhand method to get your way but this time, this is a chance that I'm giving to you. It's up to you whether you want to make the most of this chance, or waste it," His lips curved upwards, "So, do your best,"

Lucas frowned, "Why are you going to such lengths for me?" He asked as he curious about it.

"I have developed some expectations, after watching Kim Jungwoo," He explained, "If a person can change, one's fate can probably change, too," Jungwoo said, "That kind of expectation,"

"Jeez, who said such an unlucky thing?" His friend asked and Lucas just laughed it off.

He smiled, "Oh just a teacher who isn't half-bad,"

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jungwoo decided to stay at home after he failed to get a medical check-up at hospital. He slowly opened his eyes after he took a short nap. He shifted his eyes towards the clock hanging on the wall,

February 28th, 2008

He woke himself up and took a sit on the mattress, "Today is the day," He muttered, "of my mother's death,"

ღ-ღ-ღ

While Yeri was walking alone under the rain with the thoughts on what Lucas told her a while ago,

"I didn't frame Kim Jungwoo for the cigarette accident. He chose to take on the blame. Because of you,"

Then, she thought of the things Jungwoo told her, 

"Oh, I just had my reasons, is all. The best option would've been to have this settled after I got a beating,"

And turned out that Yeri is his reason? She sighed,

"He said that he's leaving early in the morning. And I thought that you'd want to see him,"

All the things Jungwoo told her kept attacking her mind,

"Tell me something else, too. After all, you need someone to lend you an ear right now,"

She stopped walking upon thinking of that words.

After all these while, what were the things he wanted to tell the girl?

Yeri let out a deep sigh. She took out her phone from her bag and unlocked it. Her eyes widened when she saw there's a message from Jungwoo,

I have something to tell you, Yeri. I will wait for you at 1pm on Firefly Bridge.
-Jungwoo

She rushed herself to the designate place as she realized that she was already late by few hours. Yeri looked around the park but she could see no one around her. Seriously, what did she expect? Will Jungwoo ever wait for him under this rain? She sighed.

Her eyes fell on the paper bag she left here earlier in the morning. Yeri frowned to see an umbrella on top of the bag. That's mean someone came here before her right? And that would be Jungwoo? 

Yeri's eyes started to wander around, trying to find for Jungwoo that she almost got soaked in the rain though she's holding onto an umbrella at the moment. No matter how hard she tried, he wasn't here. It's almost impossible that Jungwoo was going to wait for her for hours under the rain.

She looked at the paper bag with her teary eyes. Yeri almost lost her grip on the umbrella and was about to let it go when someone moved back the umbrella and covered herself from being hit by rain. Yeri turned her body around and startled to see the tall boy who was already getting soak in the rain with the water dripping from his hair.

Yeri stared into his eyes for a long time to look for her reflection in his eyes. Was that eyes has been looking at her with that kind of stare all these times? Why she never notice that? 

"So look deep into your heart and figure out who it is that you truly like,"

She moved her hand to her chest to feel her heartbeat rate at the moment,

"Because when you do, this part of you, right here, will send you a signal,"

And only that time, she realized that. The person she likes all these times is not the man. But the boy who was currently standing infront of her. It's not the man who kept doing the good things to her, it's the boy who has always been by her side whenever she had her bad days. It's not the man whom giving excuses on how she shouldn't like him, but it's the boy who encouraged her to confess her feelings towards the man that she thought she liked him.

And it has always been him. It has always been Kim Jungwoo.

"You were here like this, this entire time?" Yeri asked, "You should have gone home if I didn't send you a reply!" She scolded the boy, "Or you could have asked me to resechedule with you! Why did you stay here, like this?" The girl bit her lower lips as she felt the guilty slowly killing her.

Jungwoo's lips curved upwards form a small smile, "But, it's because I was here, like this that you ended up coming in the end," He claimed, "You must be cold. Let's go somewhere else," Jungwoo said but he didn't realize that the words supposed to go to him. And not Yeri. Since he's the one who has been under the rain for hours now.

He was about to leave when suddenly Yeri pulled his hand and made both of them to be under the same umbrella. Yeri gathered some courage to look at the boy's eyes, "What is it... that you wanted to tell me?" She asked him.

"What?" Jungwoo stuttered.

Yeri smacked her lips, "The thing you wanted to tell me," She looked at him with a pair of desperate eyes, "What was it?"

Jungwoo didn't expect that he would have a chance to be this close with the girl. He was only few centimetres away from the girl. But why... Just why, he still feels like that she's so far away and he couldn't reach her, yet?

ღ-ღ-ღ

Could people's fates really change when situations change, and people change?

As soon as he remembered that today is his moth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter