ღ 24 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Taeyong dragged the boy into his room, "So you want to be a doctor when you grow up?" He asked as he took a sit on his chair, "That's what you're saying, right?"

"Not a doctor, exactly," Jungwoo answered as he sit on the chair provided beside the doctor's table, where the patiends would usually sit, "But it'll be similar in the sense that people will respect," He claimed.

The man frowned, "Then, what you meant when you said that you liked me was that you respect me or admire me, right?"

"I guess... you could say that I admire you, yes," Jungwoo didn't look sincere with his words.

Taeyong grabbed the water bottle on his table, "How could you say 'I like you' to another man so nonchalantly?" He asked, "You scared me!" Taeyong said before gulped the water down his throat.

"I've done it before," He stared onto the white walls infront of him as he remembered the moment where he confessed to his older self in Yeri's place.

He choked, "What?"

Jungwoo moved his hand to left and right; asking the man to forget on what he said a while ago, "Don't worry about it,"

"Ugh, seriously?" Taeyong put the bottle aside and was about to continue with his work when he remembered that there's a reason why the boy wanted to see him, "Wait, so, what was it that you were curious about?"

The boy made his position comfortable to talk to the man, "Um. Do you have to go study abroad, no matter what if you want to be a doctor?" He timidly asked the silly question, "I know that Doctor Kim Yeri studied abroad,"

"Oh, nah," Taeyong found the answer to his question within a second, "Yeri only attended high school in the U.S," He said, "and went to college in Korea with me," He continued.

"If you even attended colled with her too, then...," He started counting the years using his unbroken arms, "Six, seven... eight years?" Jungwoo's eyes widened as he let out a sigh and passed a glare towards the man, "Ugh," He couldn't believe that the man was already there beside the woman for that long but still doesn't have any courage to confess to her. What a coward, "If she was going to stop studying abroad so soon, why did she go? Do you know?"

Taeyong who was busy checking on his patient's prescription, lifted his head up, "I don't know. I just know that she didn't want to," His eyes shifted on the boy, "Her parents probably forced her to go abroad,"

"Forced her?" Jungwoo frowned, "And... nothing happened to her when she was in college?" He continuedly asking question.

The man was already bored answering to his question, "Hey, Squirt. Something significant happens each and every day in medical school,"

"Then... do you know why Doctor Kim Yeri never came back here once, for all those years?"

The question made him thinking for a while, "Hey, I'm curious about that myself," Taeyong claimed, "I wonder why she refused to talk about Garam Island at all, for all this time. I think it may be because she can't ride on boats that didn't come here," Taeyong made a wild guess.  

"Doctor... Kim Yeri couldn't ride boats?" 

"Yeah," He nodded, "So she suffered quite a lot when we were on our way here," Taeyong checked on his beeper showing that there's someone calling for him. He stood up and smiled, "Hey, Deokgoo. Do you want to be with Kim Yeri when you grow up, or something?" Jungwoo looked up upon the question, "It's too bad, though, because I'm the first one in line for her," Taeyong made a self-claimed, "She will be off the market before you have even finished growing up," He ended his words and tapped the boy's shoulders in wish to give some strength towards him, "Hang in there, though. Good luck," Taeyong whispered the words into his ears.

Jungwoo then stood up, and it's clear that he's taller than Taeyong, "I'm plenty grown," He said as he looked straight into the man's eyes, "And you should take another look. There's someone else who's first in line," His lips slightly curved upwards on one side, "At any rate, thank you," Jungwoo was about to leave but he felt like there's something more he needed to say, "Oh yeah, if you didn't study abroad, you probably didn't go to the army yet," He wanted to put his hand onto the man's private part but Taeyong quickly nodged it, "Hang in there, though. Good luck!" He finally said everything he wanted to say and leave the room in instant.

"Ugh, that little----," Taeyong scoffed, "The way he pisses me off really reminds me of someone. Ugh, that bastard," He heaved out a sigh of frustration.

ღ-ღ-ღ

On the other side, Jungwoo was in the teacher's room when suddenly he got a phone call from an unknown number. But he knows, the one that was calling for him would be his younger self, "Well? Did you look into it?" He asked as soon as he answered the call.

"Yes. I don't think anything too significant happened. But apparently... Yeri... can't ride on boats. Have you heard that?"

The man frowned, "I haven't. Boats?" He tried to put some thoughts on it but failed, "Well, at any rate, all right. I will take one day of your hospital stay off your debt," He claimed, "Okay," Jungwoo ended the call.

As soon as he had done with the call, Taemin took a sit beside him, "Hey, how was your plan with Wendy?" The man asked as he turned his face looking at his future brother-in-law.

Taemin sighed and shrugged his shoulders, "It's really hard to understand woman," Taemin complained, "I mean how can she demands everything to be just like what she wants? How about me, then? Can't I say anything when it's my wedding as well?" He scoffed.

"Chill," Jungwoo tried to calm the man down as he knew so well how his older sister's behaviour, "As long as you love her, that's enough," He said before leaving the office.

Jungwoo walked along the hallways with his mind wandered around to something his younger self told him, "Yeri can't ride boats?" He frowned, "I've never heard about that," The man sighed before he decided to call someone,

"Yeah, Doyoung," He called out for his friend's name as soon as the man picked up the call, "Where are you?"

ღ-ღ-ღ

Saeron was sitting at the dine table while doing something when Doyoung put a glass of cola on the table. She immediately grabbed it and gulped the drink down, to clear her thirsty throat. Saeron put the glass down and slowly lifted her head up to look at her husband, "What are you doing?" She asked,

Doyoung was wearing a mask on his face with a headband above his forehead, "Huh?" He startled, "Oh, Jaehyun gave me this," Doyoung said while showing tons of mask pack in his hand, "He said that I have to take better care of my skin when I'm home," He sorted out the pack before pick one of it out, "Do you want one, too?" He asked Saeron.

"Ugh, no thanks," Saeron insisted, "I have to head out,"

The man frowned, "Are you going somewhere?"

"I'm not making food anymore," She made a sudden statement, "And I won't do the dishes or do the laundry anymore, either. And you have to watch the kids from now on, too,"

Doyoung gulped his throat, trying to take her words as a positive thing but he could see that Saeron kept working on something he didn't know what it is, "Are those... divorce papers, by any chance?"

"It's my resume," Saeron said as she glared the man, "I'm going to go and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter