ღ 11 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Ugh, Kim Jungwoo, that crazy bastard!" One of Lucas' friends scoffed, "Seriously, what's with him?"

Lucas took out a box of cigarretes from his pocket, "Ugh, that damn bastard," He was about to pull out one cigarrete from the box before his friend stopped him.

"Why don't you smoke outside?" He suggested, "Let's go to an internet cafe!"

The other friend sighed, "Internet cafe?" He choked the boy's neck, "Don't you ever have any better ideas?" He complained.

Lucas chuckled looking at his silly friends' behaviour. He looked outside the window and could see a figure he knows from afar, "Hey wait," He smiled to see Jungwoo. Lucas saw Jungwoo threw away something into the bin and he has a better idea to do, "Let's go to the school dumpster,"

"The school dumpster? Why, is there something there?"

The boy formed a cynical smile as he threw the lit cigarrete into the bin. A fire caught inside the bin since there's few papers there.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Yeri was cleaning her table as she wants to go home when suddenly someone opened the class' door. She turned her attention towards the man who was walking towards her, "선생님 (Mr. Kim)," She stood up, "You still haven't left? I was just about to leave,"

"Oh, good timing. I have something to return to you," Jungwoo claimed.

He walked towards the girl's table and put the gift she gave him yesterday on the table as he took a sit on the edge of the chair behind him.

"선생님 (Mr. Kim)," Yeri frowned as she couldn't understand his intention of giving back the present to her back. He already wore the shirt though.

Jungwoo cut the girl's word, "Now, I will say what I should've said yesterday," He started to speak, "To me, you are a precious disciple. That's what you are to me now, and what you will always be," Yeri's eyes teary, "That's my answer to the problem you asked me to solve,"

A bead of tears flowing out from her eyes startled the man infront of her. Yeri quickly wiped the tears as she lowered her head, "Don't get the wrong idea," The tears kept coming out, "I'm not crying because that's the wrong answer. It's because I already knew," She paused, "that this was the answer. But, I asked you to solve a problem I already know the answer to and hoped that you would choose the wrong answer," Yeri looked at Jungwoo, "Because you wouldn't be able to help it,"

Suddenly, there's a silent came across between them. The situation became silent that Jungwoo had a mixed feelings that moment. He wanted to have his fingers on the girl's cheeks and wiped her tears but when he realized that's a really wrong thing to do, he slowly pulled his hand down before he put it together.

"Thank you, 선생님 (Mr. Kim)," Yeri claimed, "For giving me a serious and proper rejection, I mean," Jungwoo looked like he already lost in the girl's eyes. How much he has been loving the girl that he couldn't take his eyes off from her? Why it has always been her, from the start? "Because, that means," She slightly smiled, "that you took my confession seriously, too," She said, "Let's go downstairs now,"

Jungwoo looked outside but he could see smoke occupied the hallway. The room started to fill with smoke coming from an unknown source. Jungwoo felt his suffocated for air, he really felt uncomfortable with that huge amount of grey clouds. Yeri too, was next to him coughing non stop. They quickly run along the hallway to get to the emergency stairs when they both saw the smoke coming from the half-opened door to the boys' bathroom. "It's coming from the men's bathroom!" Yeri exclaimed.

He cupped his mouth and nose, trying to not inhale the smoke and Yeri followed him from behind. Jungwoo noticed the source of the smoke and quickly take the nearest fire extinguisher he could see to extinguish the fire. Jungwoo opened the safety pin and pointed it to the bin.

As soon as the fire was extinguished, the two people there couldn't stop coughing as they were already inhale a lot of smoke already. Jungwoo who realized that, opened the windows beside him to get a better ventilation in the toilet. Then, he took a look inside the bin and could see a piece of cigarrete that was still not completely burned in it, "Which son-of-a- was smoking at school?" He cursed.

Then, the two of them, went out from the toilet and opened every single windows in their vision to get the smoke out from the hallway, "You're not hurt anywhere, are you?" Yeri asked her teacher.

"I should be the one asking you that," Jungwoo claimed, "Are you okay?" He asked the girl.

Yeri nodded her head as she did the motion as if she wanted to bring the smoke out from the space, "Yes,"

"Some of the embers might have singed you so check yourself over carefully when you get home," He adviced the girl as they reached the end of the hallway. But all they could see that there's a fireproof gates ahead of them, "We can't go this way. Let's try the other side," The man claimed and both of them rushed themselves to the other side.

But the result is still the same. Both of their way has been blocked due to the fireproof gates that only activate itself whenever a fire happened, "Ugh," Jungwoo sighed, "You have your phone, right? Give it to me. I will call someone," He asked the girl who was coughing infront of him.

"I don't have my cellphone," Yeri answered his question as she tried to not sniff the remaining smoke in the hallway.

Jungwoo frowned, "What? Why not?" It's weird how a student like her didn't bring her phone to school. Like everyone bring their phone to school nowadays right?

"I usually don't bring my phone to school since I will get demerits if I'm caught with one," The girl told her excuse to the teacher infront of her. It's true though that there's rule about they shouldn't bring their phone to school since it will only distracting their studies but at the very least, it could be use for emergency moment like now right?

"Then," He paused, "how are we going to get out of here now?" Jungwoo asked Yeri with his clueless expression.

Yeri looked at the man with a furrow eyebrows, "I feel like I should be the one asking you that question,"

ღ-ღ-ღ

Yeri opened her class' door and entered the dark room. Jungwoo then tried to switch on the lamp but failed, "What the," He almost cursed, "What's wrong with the lights?" 

"Oh, they must have short-circuited when we were putting out the fire earlier," Yeri claimed.

Jungwoo let out a frustration sigh, "Ugh, this is driving me crazy!" He went to the window and looked outside, "What floor are we on, again?" He asked the girl behind him.

"The," Yeri tried to remember where they're at the moment, "third floor,"

The man has a lot of hesitation as he put his feet forward but as soon as he looked downwards, he gave up. He forgot that the fact that he's actually has a lot of fears that yet has to be discover by his younger self, "This is probably way too high up to try and jump down, right?" He chuckled as he spoke the words to Yeri. The girl quietly shook her head in disagree, "Man, what do we do?" He asked himself as he looked around the class, trying to find a different solution, "I bet your parents will be so worried,"

"Oh, the two of them are away at a conference," Yeri told him, "They will probably come home the day after tomorrow," Well, to be honest, Yeri's parents doesn't really care on what she wants to do. Most of the times, she spent her time alone at the house since her parents were busy with works and always went outstation.

Jun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter