ღ 26 ღ

Timeless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jungwoo however still could not grasp the real situation he's in at the moment. How should he believes that Yeri was the reason behind his mum's death? When he could finally move on and accept the fate, the news that came to him was too much to handle and there's no way for him to make the things right back. Cause everything has already over.

He walked into his room with a weak step before he took a sit at his study table which obviously he didn't use it for doing a revision anymore. His expression wasn't really good when he has been crying for the past an hour. Jungwoo then opened his drawer and took out the book Yeri gave her 10 years ago. 

The man looked at the note Yeri pasted in the book for him to see; yet, he saw it for the first time only when he met Yeri after 10 years has passed. Jungwoo was too late to know the truth. And now that he knows...

Everything started with this note... and everything... ended with this note...

"This makes no sense," He couldn't help but his eyes were already teary, "How is it that the only person who can't say...," Jungwoo's eyes were shaking as bead of tears dripping down his cheeks, "that I'm glad that nothing happened to her... and that I'm glad that she's safe...," Sudden realization hit him so hard, "is me, of all people?"

"How?" The tears couldn't stop flowing out from his big eyes as the sticky note in his hand was already wet.

After all... along all these times... he has been loving the woman unconditionally without knowing... the pain that they would have if they're being honest to each other...

ღ-ღ-ღ

"When, in the function f(x), x equals a," The man was teaching his class, "and when the value of f(x) approaches the value of a," Suddenly a sound of phone ringing could be heard and all of the students in his class started to check their phone; in case they forgot to silent it before entering the class. 

"Huh?" "Whose is that?" A chaos literally happened in the class when they couldn't even focus anymore due to the ringing phone.

Jungwoo's continued, "It becomes a divergent sequence," He ended the words.

One of the students in the class raised his hand up, "선생님 (Mr. Kim), I think that's your phone,"

"Huh?" Jungwoo frowned and he quickly took his phone out from his pants pocket. He passed a sheepish smile towards his students, "Just a second," He said before answering the call.

He brought the phone towards his ears just to hear the boy whined and complained to him,

"Aren't you neglecting me a bit too much? What kind of guardian of you? You've been leaving a minor all alone by himself for several days,"

Jungwoo tried to find for a really reasonable reason so that it won't raise any suspicion towards the boy, "I've been busy because of school," He told, "What is it?"

"They said that I can be discharged!"

The man's face lightened up cause finally he didn't need to pay for his bill treatment anymore, "Really? Want me to go to the hospital?" But still, he couldn't smile to it, remembering on what kind of problem he has been facing off at the moment.

"No. I took care of all of the discharge procedures. I'll be at home,"

"Alright," He nodded his head, "Um... have you seen Yeri lately?" Jungwoo still couldn't escape himself as he asked the question. He could never lie to himself that she's the only that he loves; back then, now and maybe forever.

"I see her right now. I'm only telling you this because I don't want to keep this bottled up inside me but I haven't been able to talk to her properly these past couple of days,"

Jungwoo let out a silent sigh,

"Because... she's been in the ER for the past couple of days without eating or resting,"

He didn't even listen to the boy's next words as he ended the call. His mind wandered around to something Yeri told him when he met her after 10 years... That first encounter that he wished he could change it now,

"You said that you wanted to see me, right? Well, I... live all of these times, hoping that I wouldn't see you,"

All of those sounds so harsh to his ears but because it's from someone that he loves, he could still handle it; he thought,

"Remember what I said before? About how we should never see each other again? I meant that,"

And those words... now... sounds like a pain that he couldn't endure anytime longer... He was already broken.

ღ-ღ-ღ

As soon as Jungwoo entered the office room, he could see students were gathering around his table. He frowned. He walked through the students and could see his friend was sitting at his place while having his hand busy signing the paper, the students asked him to.

Jungwoo then managed to disperse the kids within few seconds. He looked at his friend with his judging expression, "What are you doing here?" Jungwoo asked.

"I told you I'm going to come to school today," Jaehyun answered and received a really confuse reaction from Jungwoo, "Taemin called me in for me to give a 'dotori' for the students ('dotori' is acorn in korean),"

The man shook, "You mean 'mentoring'?" Jungwoo corrected his friend's statement.

"Yeah, mentoring," Jaehyun scratched the back of his neck as he felt embarrassed with himself.

Jungwoo's eyes fell on the students who were still standing infront of the door, "Does the students know that you couldn't even differentiate between acorn and mentoring?" He sighed.

"You won't tell them right?" Jaehyun was fiddling with his fingers as he looked at the man with a really so-not-cute face as if he's asking him to keep it as a secret. Well, to be honest, just when Jungwoo wouldn't keep his secret? He's one of the best bestfriend that Jaehyun could ever have other than Doyoung; of course.

ღ-ღ-ღ

The two men were sitting at the side of the field while watching the students played some sports. They suddenly reminisced on their good old times,

"This really takes me back," Jaehyun started the talk between the two of them, "You must feel like you're back in high school every day when you look at them," He claimed.

Jungwoo slighly smiled upon his words. Jaehyun was playing with his fingers as if he's hesitating a lot to say the next words, "Oh yeah, I went to Doyoung's house yesterday... Do you really still like Yeri?" He shifted his eyes on the man beside him, "Hey. Why not give it another shot with her, then?" Jaehyun gave a suggestion.

Jungwoo stared into the endless view infront of him, "It was really nice... back when we were that age," He paused for awhile, "When we were out there together... and when I was watching you guys from here... I was really happy," He continued and sighed, "That really was... the happiest time of my life,"

Jaehyun frowned listening to his friend's words as if he could sense there's something wrong going on with Jungwoo. Somehow, they already knew each other for more than 10 years. It's really weird if Jaehyun couldn't smell anything fishy going on Jungwoo,

"And so... I've decided to be satisfied... with just that," He ended his words.

The latter didn't feel satisfied with Jungwoo's answer, "What are you talking about?"

"I liked Yeri. I liked her," He used past tense in his sentence. 

And by then, Jaehyun knew there's really something going wrong with Jungwoo. Jungwoo suddenly stood up and put both of his hand in the pockets, "I have to go to class now, so I'll be going now," He told Jaehyun, "You can look around the school more if you want," Jungwoo said before he walked away from the man leaving him alone; behind.

Instead of entering the class, he was walking alone around the school until he stopped at the first place where he met Yeri for the first time... 

Now... Everything is really over... His very, very long... first love...

ღ-ღ-ღ

While on the other side, Yeri was arranging the things on her table; also packing up the stuff she wanted to throw away when she suddenly came across the book she favoured the most among all of the books here.

She took out the book from the rack and opened it just to see the same picture she has been staring at for 10 years long, still there, in the book. Yeri put the book in the box infront of her,

"Huh?" Taeyong who was in the same room as her frowned, "Wasn't that book your most treasured possession?" He asked.

Yeri kept her poker face as she answered the question, "I'm going to get rid of it," She said, "Because I'm never going to read it again," Her lips slightly curved upwards before she closed the box.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jaehyun heard about the news on Jane would be in the school today since she has a special class with the students here for English language. Jane is originally working as a translator in Seoul but then, she came back to her hometown to teach the kids here.

He walked towards the class Jane was in... He admired the woman from outside the class. Sometimes he would frown and at other times, his lips would curve upwards forming a really bright smile as there's nothing could make him happier other than the woman, Jane.

Jaehyun knows, he loves the woman more than he thought he would.

But when she turned around facing the students, Jaehyun immediately furrowed his eyebrows, "Which bastard is that today?" He mumbled as he could see the woman was wearing the hairpin he gave her 10 years ago.

He clearly told the woman to wear whenever she went on a date;  basically with him but she's been wearing it for every single blind date she went.

Jane walked out from the class and stopped when she could feel that someone was staring at her. She turned her head around and could see Jaehyun was standing not too far from her with a smile plastered on his face. 

Both of them leave the school and walked towards Jaehyun's car, 

"A blind date? A marriage meeting?" Jaehyun kept asking tons of question towards her, "or are you just using them?"

Jane scoffed, "What are you talking about?" 

"That hairpin," He took off the sunglasses he wore as he looked at the woman infront of him, "Who are you meeting up with that you have it on today?" Jaehyun asked; sounds stern with his question.

Jane opened the car door, "A man, who else?" She answered without any hesitation, "You told me to put it on whenever I'm meeting up with a man," Jane claimed.

"Yeah, so..." Jaehyun closed the door back, "Who's the man?"

The woman refused to answer his question and instead she complimented on the man's new car, "A nice, new Benz," Jane said.

"What do you mean  by 'a Benz'----," He stopped when he realized that Jane was actually indirectly answered to his question. Jaehyun smiled.

Jane gathered some courages to look into his eyes, "Want to go somewhere to eat?" She asked, "There's something I want to eat but apparently, they will only serve two servings or more,"

"Jane,"

She cut his words, "I'm going to drink alcohol, too," Jane continued.

"Do you want to take off that pin before we go, then?" Jaehyun asked and Jane kicked his feet as the answer, "Ouch," The man groaned in pain.

"Hurry up and get in!" Jane said and entered the car.

ღ-ღ-ღ

Jungwoo entered his room and closed the door behind him. He frowned to see the boy was busy flipping the books, "What are you doing?" He asked.

"I really didn't take you for that kind of person but you really are petty," The boy said.

He frowned, "What do you mean?"

The boy's eyes shifted on the man, "You hid them on purpose, didn't you? The previous questions on the CSAT!" He claimed, "So that I couldn't see!"

"What are you talking about?" Jungwoo rolled his eyes looking uninterested with the boy's words.

He heaved out a sigh, "And here, I was planning to memorize all of the answers for the CSAT and change how my life ended up," Jungwoo claimed, "I'm planning to head back," The boy said with his eyes on his older self, "To the year 2007,"

ღ-ღ-ღ

"I was so envious of my friends who could have a drink with their parents after they grew up," Jungwoo said as he poured some beer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter