When You Left

I Like the You They Can’t See
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinyoung POV:

 

“One more Mark, just one more!” I smiled as Mark pushed his body up to my head. “You said that the last 50 times! I-I can’t do this anymore...let’s just give up...” I chuckled as I held his ankles. “Bull! If you do one more, I’ll buy you cupcakes!” Mark huffed as he laid on his back, sweating and such. “Are you serious!? J-Just one more right?” I nodded, and he tried one more time, our foreheads touching each other. “See, that wasn’t so hard!” He grinned, slamming his head into mine. And let me tell you, Mark’s head is made of steel I tell you! He does this a lot. I rubbed my head. “Ow.” Mark fell on the floor panting. “That’s...for...all the sit-ups you made me do.” I laughed, standing up. “You’ll thank me later though.” I held my hand out. “Come on.” He smiled, accepting my hand. “I have a lot to thank you for, so you can just add it to my bill.” I laughed. “Really, how much is the total?” We just laughed as we left the gym. 

 

Jackson grimaced as he lost to Mark for the 100th time on the ps4. Youngjae interjecting, “Jackson you really against Mark.” Jackson slowly turned his head with his eye twitching. “ you!” Everyone started laughing. I held my chin in my palm staring at the facial expression Mark would make. He was really happy. Maybe I’m doing something good for a change. I felt a hard slap against my back. I turned to see JB. “Yo.” He nodded as he sat next to me. “Can you believe that our first semester is almost over.” I chuckled, swaying the bag of chips that sat in front of me half eaten. “Yeah...it seemed like yesterday when I...” I caught myself. My thoughts lately have been wrapped around Mark, almost any conversation will lead me back to saying something about Mark. I definitely didn’t want to come off as a creep. I mean...I’ve tried to stop thinking about the thought, but it just seemed impossible. Me and Mark...would we be a thing? Could we? JB waited for me to finished my statement, but the moment he noticed that I was lost in my own thoughts prompted him to think of something else to say. “Hey, let’s go grab a drink.” I looked at him. “Now?” He nodded, and I looked back at Mark, he was preoccupied with his game that he probably wouldn’t even noticed that I was gone. “Yeah, sure, why not. Let’s go.” 

 

The ride to the closest bar was relatively short and quiet. JB had always been this way. Never really talking too much or too little. He could tell when there needed to be a light mood, or quietness for the individuals around him. He was just that type of person who understood people, and some always nagged him to be more outgoing, but he always stood up for his cool demeanor and I’ve always respected him for it. At sometimes I’d envy that ability of his, because he knew exactly what people needed when they needed it. And maybe right now he could tell that I needed a drink or two.

 

He parked and we made our way inside the jazzy area, the darken atmosphere didn’t help with what was on my mind. We sat at the bar and I added the hardest thing on the menu, which I couldn’t even tell you, but I think it was a mixture of a whole bunch of alcohol with some hard lemonade in the mix. JB sat, looking around as if he was waiting for someone to show

Please log in to read the full chapter