Look for Us

I Like the You They Can’t See
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinyoung POV:

 I wasn’t expecting it to happen so soon. Mark and I...god I don’t even know where to begin. That day I asked him if he wanted to live with me, I wasn’t expecting him to agree, nor was that even the words I was going to say to him. But...maybe this is Sijung’s doing. That’s probably dumb to say, but somehow things are just falling together. Mark was indeed right, we weren’t roommates this year, but we’re both working hard to see each other everyday, and he’s losing more weight with every passing day. His smile is so much brighter than when I first met him. I’m really looking forward to the day we can be together in our own space...maybe by then I’ll have the courage to tell him...

 

I stared at the rings in the glass case. “Young man do you need any help?” I looked up a bit startled by the woman. She walked next to me looking at the rings I was gawking at. “Expensive...” I rolled my eyes, yeah the price tag has that written all over it. “But these rings are special.” 

 

I raised my eyebrow. “Special?” She nodded, she leaned into my face. I stepped back, hopefully that was enough for her to understand that I liked my personal space. “You have love in your eyes.” I bit my lip, bluntly confused, “Excuse me what?” She grinned, spinning in her uniform, “I said, you’re in love. And for someone with such a gaze these rings are special.” I folded my arms, “Ma’am I think you are greatly mistaken, and I was just looking...” I made my position clear as I turned to leave the shop. “What’s your name!” I stopped before opening the door. “Why would you want to know?” She held a wide smile. “I think these rings are meant for you...I’d like to reserve them in your name.” My jaw literally dropped, “Huh?!” She grabbed my hand pulling me to the counter, “Look you don’t have to buy them now, but you’ll regret it if you don’t at least give them a chance.” I sighed. “Park...Park, Jinyoung.” She wrote the name down in her book. “And who were you planning to give the other one too?” I thought about...my face turning a bright red. I looked down, “N-No one.” She chuckled, “I knew you were in love, then come back when you plan on telling.” I blinked, leaving in a heartbeat.

 

She wasn’t wrong though, I was absolutely in love, more importantly I don’t know why, but I feel as if Mark is the one. I don’t know why I had the urge to look for rings, it’s not like we’re committed to each other. I mean I don’t even know if he likes me back! And I haven’t even made the effort to move out the friend zone. Plus, is it right to be this obsessed? If we move in together would I be able to contain my feelings...I don’t want to scare him away. I’m only 2o. 

 

I ruffled my hair in frustration as my phone blared out of nowhere, I answered. “Yo?” It was my new roommate, his name was Taehyung, we have almost nothing in common other than I love for slow songs. “Hey.” It took him a long time to respond, “Um, your friend Mark came by, he left something for you. So it’s on your bed when you get back.” My heart skipped a beat, I hung up, racing to catch the train. Mark left me something, damn I have to go see him. 

 

It was already 2, the train was crazy packed, I got off by the campus. I was sweating bullets by the ti

Please log in to read the full chapter