In the Mirror

I Like the You They Can’t See
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jinyoung’s POV

 

I held him in my arms, slowly rocking him to ease his cries. It hurt to know he suffered like that and had no one to care. I mean, how much courage do you think it took to say, “I’m not going to kill myself,” all on your own. How much courage it must’ve took to keep walking into the same building where you were nothing but a waste of space, because you were different. It made me angry, to be so cruel to people just because of the differences. Why should he even have the thought of taking his own life, at a young age no less?

 

Mark was quiet. He didn’t say anything after that, he just stayed still in my embrace. I didn’t know if he’d like to hear about my past...in ways I’m more of a weakling than I’d like to admit, I’m scared of how I’m judged and maybe it’s because I was born handsome or that nobody ever wanted to see the “me” behind the beauty, and in ways I’m just a coward. For sure, that’s who I am. 

 

“Jinyoung...” I hummed so he’d knew that I was listening. He seemed hesitant to say anything else. “Are you...also hurting like me?” I blinked. “Huh?” I ended up looking down and his face was just as close. “You...you’re so kind, so kind that I wonder if you’ve been hurt?” I looked away from him. Was he reading my mind? There’s so many things that I’m hurt over, but it’s nothing compared to his pain...no, more so, it’s nothing compared to the pain I’ve burden others with. “When we go out again, I’ll tell you...” Mark literally jumped up. “A-Again!?” I chuckled, there were still tears flushing his face and I couldn’t help but wipe his sadness away. “I can’t just leave you alone right? Well, unless you don’t want to hangout with me.” A smiled appeared on his lips. “I-If you really mean it!” I covered my mouth to hide a laugh. Mark was incredibly cute, like a puppy almost. No matter how I see it, he’s just such an amazing person, a real beauty from the heart up. 

 

I picked myself up, and held out my hand. “Shall we go back?” Mark shyly agreed taking my hand. 

 

On our walk back we stayed close to each other. We did get some stares, mostly girls wondering why I was with a chubby guy, but I didn’t mind at all. 

 

“Mark...” His gaze was elsewhere. “Hmm...” But I knew that he was smiling deep down. “Thank you for sharing your pain with me.” He looked towards me. I just smiled, and he looked down. Maybe that night meant more than just talks of the past, because Mark was surely crying.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

 

“SCORE!! YES!!! JB YOUR !!! IN YOUR FACE!”

“For the last time, I let you win.” I shook my head at JB’s comment. It was a group of us, me, JB, Jackson, Youngjae, and two high school seniors, BamBam and Yuygeom who lived in the neighborhood. All of us knew each other since our elementary school days, aside from two old pals that we got distant with. One being Taejoon. 

 

“Hyung!” I looked up from my phone. “W-What!?” Yuygeom had a smirk. “Who you’ve been texting? Gotta a girlfriend?” I shook my head. “No! Of course not.” BamBam ate his fries shaking his head, “The great Park Jinyoung has his phone out during lunch, and I mean in all the years I’ve known you, you’ve never done this! So, who’s the girl?” In actuality their right, I grew up in a house full of women and the only thing you can learn is manners. But a girl isn’t who I’m texting, it was Mark. I hadn’t gotten the idea of introducing him to my good old friends yet. I mean it took me a week just to get his number, and the cutest picture of him and the teddy bear I won for him. So, I’m going to be selfish and enjoy my time with him. I got up, “I’m leaving!” Youngjae starting laughing as BamBam tried to grab my arm. “Don’t try to run away from the question!? And it’s your turn to pay the bill!” I got away smiling and waving. “You have three other hyungs! Use them!” 

 

I pushed the restaurant door opened, entering into the hot weather of Seoul. It’s been a long time since I felt this good, and I mean really good. Today, I was suppose to spend the whole day with Mark and I’m so ready for it! He said he was waiting at the café, it’s a sunny Wednesday afternoon, and luckily we both had the same schedule. 

 

I opened the door to an aroma of coffee and sweets. Mark was at a table near the back, sipping on some hot chocolate. I smiled. I don’t know why, but whenever I see him, the only thing I do is smile. I sat down, “Yo!” He perked up, “Yo!” He was grinning from ear to ear, “What’s today’s plan captain!?” I giggled. “Please don’t say that...” Mark la

Please log in to read the full chapter