First Day Crushes

I Like the You They Can’t See
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Uh, one Americano, extra sugar please.” Jinyoung smiled at the girl on cashier. Her heart pounded. “U-Um...y-your change is $10.15.” Jinyoung nodded accepting the change. “One Americano!” He took the drink, sipping on his way to class. “PARK JINYONG!” He felt a huge body jump on his back almost spilling his drink on the ground. “Yah! What the hell Jackson!?” His friend grinned in his face. They sat on some wooden benches covered by the shades of some cherry blossom trees. 

 

“Can you believe we’re in college! Finally we’ll be able to pursue our dreams! Are you still going to become a teacher?” Jinyoung his lips, ignoring everything that his friend was spewing. He somehow got into the comics that his roommate, Mark, was so elated about. More so he was curious about this Mega Jin guy he looked so much like. He hadn’t even noticed that Jackson was also snooping in his personal space. 

 

“YAH!” Jackson chuckled when Jinyoung threatened to slap him. “We’ll aren’t you a little too old for comic books and such.” Jinyoung smacked his lips. “You’re never to old for the things you love you doofus! Anyways I gotta run, I got an eight o’clock class to get to.” Jackson shook his head as he yelled to his friend, “COME BY MY DORM SOMETIME IT’S 2680! I LOVE YOU!” Jinyoung flicked him off while smiling. Jackson looked down at the bench. “Ooh, he left his coffee.” He took a sip and scrunched up his face. “Gross, is this Americano? Who drinks this?” 

 

Jinyoung made it just in time for his mathematics class, and to his surprise his roommate was in the same class as him. A smile grew on his lip, he was about to call out his name. “Park Jinyoung!” He turned to see some of his old time buddies. “We saved you a seat!” He looked at them and then turned back to Mark, he was sitting by himself. “Jinyoung! Come on bruh!” He bit his lip and went towards his friend. Mark on the other hand didn’t seem to care, actually he didn’t even notice that Jinyoung was in the same room as him. He sat there sipping an Americano and waited for the class to start. Jinyoung gave handshakes to his friend and sat down in the seat they saved him. Though his gaze would move towards Mark once in awhile. He wasn’t really engaging in the conversations his friends were having. 

 

—————————————————————————————————————————————

 

“When finding the quantum number of x we must first...once you found that zero of y...separate the derivative from the...after dividing using the formula sheets you have you have now found the quantum number of x. My assistant is passing out the assignment for homework. On my online class you can access extra help for your assignment if you need it. Have it done by next class. You’re dismissed.” Jinyoung’s group of friends stood up. “What type of was that, can you even considered that math!?” Even Jinyoung, who graduated top of his class at his high school was a little dumbfounded at the lesson he just learned, or possibly didn’t learn. But his thoughts were completely blank when he noticed Mark leaving the class. Anyone could notice his body from a mile away, he looked like a blueberry after all. “Hey, I’ll see you guys later.” His friends blinked in confusing, “What!? Hey, Park Jinyoung, where the hell you going, what about lunch!?” He waved his hand as he pushed through the mass. 

 

—————————————————————————————————————————————

 

I read my comic book in peace as I made my way to the cafeteria. Mega Jin is so damn cool, he literally obliterated an entire planet full of monsters! And all he had was his raw strength, who wouldn’t kill for that type of power! I felt a hand tap my shoulder. I turned around seeing that it was Jinyoung. Would it be silly to say I got a little happy when I saw his smile, I mean we’ve only known each other for a week now, but for the time we talked in our dorm he seemed very interested in getting to know me. I never really had anyone really want to talk to me, y’know just to talk to me. “Yo.” Jinyoung smiled, “So, are you eating lunch or you got another class?” I stubble down the steps. “Lunch! My next class isn’t until one o’clock, you?” Jinyoung grinned. “Same, let’s eat together.” 

 

After waiting in line and finding a spot away from the crowd, we ate. I wouldn’t have ever guessed that Jinyoung liked meat, and I mean a lot of meat. I gawked at his plate. He was his fingers when he noticed my staring. “What? Do you find this disgusting?” I looked up, shaking my head frantically. “N-No, I thought you’d be the type to have a strict diet of something since you’re so fit and all.” I looked down, I don’t know why I felt shy all of the sudden, even a littl

Please log in to read the full chapter