Me and You

I Like the You They Can’t See
Please log in to read the full chapter

It's been almost two months since Jinyoung and I have become friends. Actually, we formed a bond, one that I never even dreamt of. Currently we're out taking a stroll. We've been doing that a lot lately, and every time we go, I learn something new about Jinyoung. The most important fact being that he really loved to stare at my face, I didn't mind at all, I'm use to the idea of people calling me ugly and unsightly, but Jinyoung seemed to think, or at least made me feel like he liked the me that I am now. 

 

"So what about him, he your type?" He punched my arm when I . "I told you repeatedly that I don't have a type, please stop teasing me about that!" Jinyoung whined. Ever since he came out to me, the only thing I could think about is what his preference was. I mean, it's obvious I don't stand a chance at all, but still...I'd like to help him find someone that can love him for the real him. This is the secret mission that I made for myself. "...Then what do you like in a person?" He was silent, he had those intense stares again. I coughed awkwardly, "N-Never mind..." Jinyoung laughed. "Why do you get so flustered?" I bit my lip, "Because your stares are really uncomfortable." Jinyoung frowned, "Do you hate it when I stare?" I shook my head. "No, I...I just don't like it when you do it for long periods of time." I turned my gaze to the ground, biting my lips. Actually, it wasn't uncomfortable at all, but rather saddening. At times I'd feel like he made me his center of his world when he stared at me, but I knew that was a lie. It was just...it was impossible to even imagine me with someone like him. Even I knew that deep down. 

 

Jinyoung wrapped his arm around. "Don't pout like that...if something's on your mind then...say it loud." I huffed, and stopped moving. "Jinyoung...can I be honest with you?" He smiled. "Always..." A soft smile appeared on my lips. "I don't want to be fat anymore." He blinked. I knew he'd blank out, but I've been thinking about it, and I just wondered, if I wasn't fat...would Jinyoung even consider looking at me like that? Would he, would he want to be with me in a more romantic way? I know it's stupid, but I think I've actually fallen for him. It's silly to believe isn't it? An ugly person falling in love with someone so beautiful, and the relationship actual worked, it’s just so absurd. And all too common for us ugly folks to only dream, but can't I take this one leap...this one leap of faith and see if it's possible? 

 

Jinyoung titled his head, "Would you like me to help you?" I looked up, "What?" Jinyoung chuckled, "I'm asking if you'd like help...I'll be your support system, personal trainer, weight watcher, just...whatever you need I'll be that for you..." My heart was racing. I mean literally pounding like some six year old who tried the drums for the first time, just completely bashing the beat of my heart. "Y-You'd...you'd seriously do that for me?" He nodded while smiling. I don't know if my head or his abs hurt more, but I just hugged him with all my might. He's a precious angel that I don't deserve.

 

“Come on though, I’m dying to taste this barbecue!” I grinned at his comment. “That’s all you eat.” He chuckled, “No, I occasionally eat fruit and veggies.” We entered the restaurant. Originally we’d go for a stroll, but then after awhile we end up eating whatever Jinyoung was craving. But...I felt really uncomfortable. Normally I wouldn’t mind that people were staring, or that they’re secretly laughing, at those times I had my comics to dig into. But, today I only had Jinyoung as my shield, and he being who he is, didn’t really help. 

 

Jinyoung on the bones, intensely eating, he noticed I hadn’t touched a thing. He dropped the meat on his plate. “Mark?” I felt really sick all of a sudden, and not the good kind. I definitely heard people laughing and giggling. They were mocking the notion that Jinyoung is with me out of pity. This wasn’t the reason I felt

Please log in to read the full chapter