007

No Other But You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong and Skye were back in their respective country, busy with their respective life for the past two weeks. But although they were away from one another, they still kept in touch with one another via phone.

Their relationship has begun to get better as day passed by.

One day Skye was at the studio working on her new album when her phone started ringing. Her eyes went wide when she saw the name on it. “Hello from the other side…”

“I must have called a thousand times…” The voice sang along.

“Hahaha! You are getting lame, Jaejoong-ssi!” Skye laughed.

“I must match your standard, Skye-ssi!”

“Right… Then I guess you should stop calling me.”

“Noooo. I have something to tell you.”

“Just kidding. What is it?”

“I’m going to have my concerts in Hong Kong, Macau and Kaoshiung.” Jaejoong chirped excitedly at the other side of the line.

“Okay. So?” Skye sniggered.

“So? So are you able to come for the one in Kaoshiung?”

“When is it?” Skye asked.

“1st April.”

“1st April.” Skye muttered as she flipped through her organizer to check on her schedule and realized she has nothing on that day. “I don’t have anything on so I guess I can make a trip down to Kaoshiung.”

“Good. I will text you when I get more details. Do you need me to book the accommodation for you?”

“Errr…” Skye hesitated.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean anything.” Jaejoong said and mentally scolded himself for being so mindless.

“It’s okay.” Skye chuckled. “I will arrange my accommodation myself.”

“Sure. Anyway I have gotten two tickets for you and your manager. You can get her to come along.”

“Well! I will thank you on behalf of her.”

“You are most welcome.”

“So I guess you won’t be staying after your concert right?”

“Yup. If not, I would have asked you to bring me around,” said Jaejoong.

“Pffftt! I’m sure you have other Taiwanese friends that can bring you around.”

“But I only want you!” Jaejoong covered his mouth right after he finished his sentence and Skye’s face went red upon hearing his reply.

There was a moment of silence between the two until Jaejoong broke the silence. “Skye…”

Jajeoong’s voice snapped Skye out of her trance. “Yes?”

“I just want to say that I mean what I said just now.”

Skye could feel her heart racing when she heard Jaejoong’s confession.

There was another moment of silence when Jaejoong spoke again. “Skye, are you there?”

“Yes.” Skye replied.

“I… I hope you don’t avoid me for what I had just said... But I do mean what I said just now.” Jaejoong stammered

Skye smiled when she heard the man stammering across the phone. “Do you stammer all the time when you confess with a girl?”

“I don’t confess to girls all the time.” Jaejoong corrected.

Skye spun her chair around and couldn’t stop smiling at herself. “Oh! So it’s the girls that confessed to you.”

“You can say so!” Jaejoong replied.

“Haha! I won’t be surprised!”

“So…” Jaejoong began. “Are we…”

“I’m not going to tell you the answer until I see you on 1st April.”

Jaejoong let out a groan. “I wish I can fly over to Taipei now!”

“1st April! It is! I have to work on my songs now! Talk to you soon! Bye!”

“I’ll skype you tonight?”

“I have dinner with my friends tonight so I won’t be home early.”

“Okay. So are we…”

“1st April, Mr Kim!” Skye laughed. “Annyeong!” With that she hung up the call.

---

“So are you going to be with him?” Liz asked while driving Skye home.

“I don’t know. There are too many factors to consider. Distance is already a problem and our jobs are not helping it in any way.”

“If you want to try this relationship out, I can talk to the company and probably see how we can arrange your assignments.”

“Don’t tell the company first. Will do it if this works out.”

“So you are going to give it a try?” Liz asked excitedly.

Skye nodded.

“Yes!” Liz squealed excitedly and accidently stepped hard on the accelerator.

“BANG!”

---

Jaejoong was on his way home after his concert rehearsal but he felt something amiss. He took his phone to check his Instagram and then a frown appeared on his face when there wasn’t any update from Skye.

He quickly made a call but no one seemed to be answering. He continued calling her all the way till he reached home but he still couldn’t reach her. “Damn it! What’s going on with her? Is she avoiding me?” He thought as he stepped into the shower.

Right after he got out from his bath, he checked his phone but Skye didn’t call him back. He let out a sigh and tried to call her back again. This time round, someone did pick up the call. “Hello?”

Jaejoong didn’t recognize the voice. “Skye?”

“Ahhh…” The voice paused. “Wait!”

Jaejoong waited and then he heard the sound of passing the phone around until the familiar voice spoke from the other side. “Hello?”

“Thank goodness! I thought you are avoiding me!” Jaejoong said.

“Haha! I’m in the hospital.”

“WHAT? What happened?”

“Our car hit the lamppost.”

“Are you alright? ! I wish I can teleport to Taipei now!”

“Calm down… I am alright. Just sprained my wrist.” Skye assured.

“Where?” Jaejoong asked worriedly.

“My l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter