010

No Other But You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Skye’s last lesson in YG so Jaejoong decided to give Skye a surprise at the lesson. When the students were having their break, Jaejoong came into the dance studio in cap. Everyone in the room turned to look at him for a while but turned back immediately when Skye clapped her hands to get their attention.

“Okay, everyone. Today is my last day teaching you so this session will be your Q&A session. Do you have any question to ask me?” Skye asked.

The trainees started whispering at one another when one of the male trainees raised his hand.

Skye nodded at the boy and gestured him to talk.

“Sunbaenim, are you single?” The boy asked.

“Wuuuuuuu…” The other trainees teased.

“Single but not available.” Skye smiled.

“Ohhhhhh!”

“Mean what?” The boy asked.

“Mean I have in a relationship with a person but have yet to sign my name on that important piece of paper.”

“Awwww…”

“I think you guys should ask about your training and not about my relationship status.”

A female trainee raised her hand. “Sunbaenim, have you ever thought of coming back to Korea to debut?”

“Not at the moment. It’s not going to be an easy move. I have to start everything from scratch just like all of you.”

“Sunbaenim, you should really consider.” The same girl said.

“Okay. I will consider. Thank you.”

Just then another male trainee put his hand up. “Sunbaenim, we haven’t seen you dance during the past few days. Can you show us your dancing talent?”

“Yeah! Sunbaenim, I saw the dance that you did for Winner sunbaes’ Really Really! It has another kind of feel!” Another female trainee added.

“Bring it on! Give me a song!” Skye smirked.

“Ed Sheeran’s Shape of You.” The same male trainee said.

Skye gestured them to start and the male trainee ran off to connect his phone to speaker when the song began playing. Skye started grooving along with the music.

Sitting at the back of the group, Jaejoong was watching his girlfriend in amusement while the trainees started gasping in astonishment. “Wah! Daebak!”

“I’m in love with your body.” Skye did an ending pose.

“Woohoo! Sunbaenim! Daebak!” All the trainees clapped and cheered.

“Kamsa hamnida!” Skye bowed.

“Sunbaenim, how did you manage to think of the choreography within such a short time?”

“It’s not really a choreography to me. They are just individual moves that come to my mind.” Skye told them.

“WHAT? They just flow so smoothly together.” One of them commented.

“I can never remember my freestyle dance moves.” Skye chuckled.

“Huh?” The trainees stared back at her in astonishment.

“Haha! Okay. Maybe I should explain it in another way. It’s not that I couldn’t remember. It’s more like I would change some of the dance moves if I were to listen to the song for the second time.”

“Then did you engage external parties to choreograph your dance?” One of them asked.

“Yes for some of the songs but I will still do my own choreography with the help of video camera. I will record whatever dance moves I have in mind when I listen to the song and then I will pick from the video.”

“Daebak!”

“Any more question?” Skye asked.

Everybody shook their heads.

“Since everyone has no question for me, I have something to ask all of you and I want all of you to answer me truthfully. How many of you are disappointed when you first attended my lessons?”

Loud gasps of astonishment could be heard among the trainees. Even Jaejoong, who was sitting at the corner, straightened his back to listen to their answers.

“Come on! Don’t need to be afraid! This will not affect your chances of debut.” Skye smiled.

This was when one of them raised her hand and then the others started raising their hand one after another. “Wah! Daebak!” Jaejoong thought mentally to himself when he saw all the trainees raising their hands up.

“Tell me your reason.” Skye said.

The trainees looked at one another and it was only after a while later then a female trainee raised her hand. “Sunbaenim, it’s because we all thought you are just a guest lecturer invited by YG and we don’t know anything about you.”

“And then?”

“And then you are a singer from Taiwan.” Another male trainee added.

“Guys, do you know that you are discriminating me?” Skye chuckled, causing the trainees to lower their heads in guilt.

“Sunbaenim, we didn’t know you are actually from YG.”

Skye shook her head and laughed. “From today onwards, I want all of you throw this kind of mentality away. If you were to debut one day, you might have a chance to work singers from the other country. So are you going to tell me that you would forgo this chance?”

There was a moment of silence.

“Music has no boundary so why do you only want to restrict yourself within the Korean music industry? Open yourself to more choices. It doesn’t mean you won’t get inspired from listening to them.”

“Sunbaenim, what makes you ask us this question?” Another female trainee asked.

“Through my observations and I had watched some videos on Youtube about how Korean celebrities behave when foreign celebrities are performing.” Skye answered.

“Sunbaenim, can you tell us which celebrities?”

Skye shook her head. “I’m not going to give you any name. But I want you to know that you are representing YG at all public events and music award ceremonies. The way you behave will reflect on the company. Tell me how would you feel when you are singing on the stage but your audiences are sitting at their seats and watching you emotionlessly.”

“I would think they don’t like my song.”

“Any more?”

“They don’t like me?”

Skye nodded. “See! You don’t feel good right? So what do you think the performing singer will feel when her fellow celebrities are sitting there like a block of wood? I understand that you may not understand the meaning of the song but why can’t you get into the groove and move along with the music? This is the minimal respect you should give to fellow celebrities. If you don’t give respect, how are you going to earn it?”

The trainees nodded their heads. “Yes, sunbaenim.”

“Okay. If you guys don’t have any more questions for me, we can call it a day.”

“Sunbaenim, can we have a group photo?” The trainees asked.

“Of course.” Skye smiled and then they began to get into the formation.

Jaejoong has also stood up to join the big group for the photo-taking session and as he got closer to the group, one of the trainees saw him. “Hey, why are you in mask?”

Jaejoong let out a cough and replied in a hoarse voice. “I’m sick.”

“I see.” The boy nodded and turned back to face the front.

“Are you ready?” Skye asked.

“Ne ne, sunbaenim!”

“Hana, dul, set!” Skye cued and clicked on the button. “Done!” And then she handed the phone back to the trainee.

“Goodbye, sunbaenim! Hope to see you again!”

“Bye, guys! Good luck and all the best!” Skye waved and turned back to pack her stuff.

Unknown to Skye, there was still one person left in the room. Once all trainees had left the room, Jaejoong made his way towards Skye. “Yes, do you have any question?” Skye asked, as if she has a pair of eyes on her back.

“Yes.” Jaejoong said.

Skye stood up and turned around only to see Jaejoong smiling at her. “Oh my god! When did you come here?” Skye poked her head out to check if the door was closed before turning back to her boyfriend.

“I was there throughout your second half of your lesson.” Jaejoong smiled.

“Amazing! You sneaky man!”

“I can’t help it since I miss my girlfriend so much.” Jaejoong took a step forward and enveloped her for a hug.

“Geez!” Skye smacked his lightly.

“Tomorrow is your free day right?”

“Yup.”

“Want to go visit my baby niece?” Jaejoong asked.

Skye looked back at him with a questionable look. “Meet the family already?”

“Partially?” Jaejoong chuckled.

“Fine. But I need to go back to have dinner with my halmeoni.”

“Nice! I’ll go back with you.”

“I knew you would have said that. You must be waiting for this to come right?”

Jaejoong nodded with a smirk.

“Let me call her first.” Skye went to her bag to take her phone and started calling her grandma. “Halmeoni, I’ll be bringing a friend tomorrow for dinner.”

“Your manager?” Her grandma asked.

“Yes.” Skye nodded with a cheeky smile on her face.

“Araso!”

“Kamsa hamnida, halmeoni! See you tomorrow!” And then she ended her call with her grandma.

“How?”

Skye showed him an okay sign.

“Let’s go pick up some gifts for halmeoni. Shall we?”

“Let me pack my bag and I am good to go.” Skye quickly went off to pack her stuff and left the room with Jaejoong.

Just as the couple made their way out, they bumped into some of the female staffs. “OMO! KIM JAEJOONG!”

Jaejoong flashed them a smile and the female staffs started running to him to ask for photo. “Jesong hamnida! I have something to do.” Jaejoong bowed and placed his hand on Skye’s waist, gesturing her towards the door.

“Kim Jaejoong is dating Skye!” Skye heard the female staffs whispering among themselves.

Skye stopped in her track and turned to the staffs. “Guys, I hope you can keep this to yourself.”

“Okay!” They flashed her a smile.

“Gomawo!” Skye mocked them a salute and left the building with Jaejoong.

---

The next day after breakfast, Jaejoong came to pick Skye up. “Good morning.” Jaejoong leant in to give his girlfriend a kiss the moment she got into the car.

“Morning. Have you brought the gift for halmeoni?” Skye asked.

“S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter