Why Chani Hates Alarm Clocks

Maknaes at Hand

(this is also me trying to write fluff so don’t judge me I tried my best)

 

Don’t get Chani wrong alarm clocks were useful. He just has a dislike for them. They always indicated that he had to wake up from his sleep of when he had to leave. All he wanted to do was sleep. It wasn’t bad when his hyungs woke him up. They would always cuddle him and help him out of his drowsy state.

 

It had been a very tiring and late night at practice for SF9. Especially Chani who was having a hard time with a few dance moves. He was usually good at getting them right. “ Okay everyone practice is over for tonight will pick this up tomorrow,” Yongbin said. All of the members started grabbing their bags except Chani. “ I’m going to stay behind to get some extra practice,” Chani said. “ Okay but are you sure,” Zuho asked. “ I’m sure,” he replied. The members sent him worried glances but left anyway. They were sort of fine with him staying because he always came back on time. The only thing they were worried about was him coming home, and being sore and tired the next day.

 

Chani put the music back on and started dancing. When he comes upon the part he was messing up on he stumbled. He felt bad for not being able to do the move like it should be done. He practiced for two more hours before he knew he should head back. Chani packed up his things and started to head back to the dorms. I hope I can get the move down for the whole song tomorrow. I managed to do it fives times. He thought to himself. He arrived at the dorms and saw that everyone else was asleep. He went to the bathroom to quickly shower before going to bed. He slipped out of the shower and put some clothes on. He was still a little awake so he went to the kitchen.

 

I am hungry. Well, I might as well eat something I guess if I want to live tomorrow. He grabbed a banana and sat at the dining table. He looked at the clock to see what time it was Ahhh noo it is 1:00 now I only have 5 hours to sleep. He quickly rushed out of the kitchen and to the bathroom where he brushed his teeth and went to his shared room quietly. The second his head hit the pillow he fell asleep.

 

Only to his annoyance, he was woken up what felt like 5 minutes later by a beeping sound. It was so annoying. Why couldn’t he just have like 10 more hours? He reached out and turned his alarm off. He lied down on his bed trying to wake up properly. It was hard every time he felt close to being awake he would just be so tired again.




 

Chani’s POV


 

I didn’t want to wake up. I couldn’t make it through the day. I may have gotten the move down but I lost my precious sleep. I slowly sat up in bed and stepped onto the cold floor. I shivered and made my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I felt like death. Not in a sick way. I was so tired I could just fall asleep anywhere.

 

I looked at myself in the mirror I looked okay just tired. I got a towel and stepped into the shower in hopes that it would help me wake up. Being under the warm water of the shower helped. I quickly washed and stepped out of the shower to dry off. I looked at myself in the mirror. My complexion was okay. I was kinda glad I set my alarm to go off early. None of the members would be awake right now. I quietly went back to my room to get dressed. I looked at the clock I had ten minutes before the other members would wake up. I slipped on some comfortable pants and a sweatshirt. I decided that I should go to the kitchen and wait at the table.

 

I sat at the table it wasn’t long before I hear noises coming from the other rooms. The other members were awake. I played with my phone while I waited for one of them to come to the kitchen. Rowoon was the first to come out of his room. “ Chani-ah what are you doing at the table,” he said. I smiled at his comment. “ Rowoonie hyung I got up early and decided to wait at the table,” I said. He smiled and turned to the cabinets to find something to make for breakfast. The other members slowly started coming to the table to eat. They were all dressed and ready to go to practice. We were on a tight schedule this week preparing for a comeback. I wasn’t very excited about the photo shoot we were going to have to do, but at least I could sleep a little bit then.

 

No one’s Pov

 

There wasn't much that could be done in the way of breakfast so Rowoon made some toast for everyone. Everyone quickly ate the food and Youngbin said: “ Okay guys its time to go to practice.” Everyone got up except Chani. “ Come on Chani lets go,” Dawon said. Chani slowly got up and tried to ignore the pain in his muscles. He walked with Dawon to the car and got in. He was squished in between Zuho and Rowoon. He looked at s. Rowoon and Zuho were resting their heads on the headrest. Dawon was playing a game on his phone. Youngbin was talking to the manager. Inseong, Jaeyoon, Hwiyoung, and Taeyang were talking amongst themselves.

 

He felt like this was the perfect opportunity to take a quick nap. He rested his head against Roowoon and drifted off. He was woken by someone shaking his shoulder. He opened his eyes to see Taeyang smiling at him. “ Come on sleepy head we need to practice,” Taeyang said. Chani slowly got out of the car and headed to the practice room with Taeyang.

 

All of the other members were stretching so he went to a corner and started stretching. “Alright everyone time to start practicing,” the dance instructor said.  Everyone got into their positions for the song Easy love. The begging of the song started okay when the middle part came he messed up. It wasn’t even the choreography he was having trouble with. He was tired which caused him to trip and he bumped into Youngbin by accident.

 

They both fell over and there was a loud thud. Chani fell on his side and hit his head in didn’t make anything better that Youngbin landed on top of him. All of the other members stopped dancing and went to the two. “ Oh my goodness are you two okay,” Inseong asked. “ Ow” was all they got as a reply. They helped the two members off the ground and into chairs. “ Where did you guys hit the floor,” Jaeyoon asked. “ Well, I didn't really hit the floor landed on top of Chani,” Youngbin replied.

 

The member turned to Chani and examined him. Chani where did you hit the floor,” Rowoon asked. “ I hit my head and on my side,” Chani replied. The other members talked with the dance instructor and he said that they could go home early. The members gathered their things and Rowoon lifted Chani up bridal style and went to the car.

 

When they arrived home Rowoon went and set Chani down on his bed and Zuho, Hwioung, Dawoon, and Youngbin got ice packs and bandages. They were being so extra since he was THEIR little maknae. Rowoon looked at Chani’s side and there was a slight bruise forming there but it would heal in a week or so.

 

“Chani are you tired you should sleep,” Inseong said. Chani could agree to that but he didn’t want s to leave. “ Stay with me please,” Chani said sleepily. The members could resist having a cuddle pile with their youngest. They pulled the beds together squeezed onto them and made a giant cuddle pile.

 

Yet again Chani woke up to that annoying beeping sound. He wanted to sleep in and cuddle with his hyungs. He opened his eyes and looked around. He saw his alarm clock on and telling him to get up. Suddenly he felt an arm pull him back onto the bed. It was Rowoon, he quickly turned off the alarm clock, and turned towards Chani and said:“ Come on let's go back to bed.” Chani didn’t argue he closed his eyes and felt Rowoon kiss him on the forehead. “Hyung loves you get some sleep I don’t want you pulling that stunt again,” Rowoon whispered. “ Yes hyung I love you,” Chani whispered back before he fell back asleep.

 

Note: For those in this fandom I am new and I am still learning about SF9 so if there is anything I got wrong please tell me. Also for the shippers yes I'm looking at you please tell me some shie to write about I am now thinking of making this thing not just for maknaes so tell me some ships, or other groups to write about. I am also sorry if this chapter was bad but I tried I will do better in the future. I am just doing this for fun. There is some Rochan forgive me if this is the wrong ship name but I fell in love with this ship. Have a nice day and continue smiling.