Tiring Day

Maknaes at Hand

Jeongin is not having a good day. He wasn’t feeling the best in the morning when he woke up, his limbs felt so heavy that he wouldn't be able to sit up. He woke up with a small headache and his alarm going off didn’t make it any better. Jeongin groaned looking at his alarm and saw that it was 5 am. 

He felt so done with everything. He had to go to school today and he had late practice today. “Perfect,” he thought. He sat up and stretched before making his way to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Like usual he brushed his hair and teeth and washed his face. He looked in the mirror at his tired eyes. He rubbed them before deciding that there was nothing he could do about them. 
 
He walked out of the bathroom and looked at the doors of his hyungs rooms wondering f he should get any of them up so they could talk to him or so they could make breakfast. He was about to knock on one of the doors before shaking his head. He didn’t need help he was old enough to do things on his own now. Instead, he went to his room to get his uniform. 

He looked in his closet for his school uniform. The yellow fabric would make it stand out so he was worried when he didn’t see it in his closet. He looked everywhere in his room but he couldn’t find it. Jeongin ran into the hallway and looked in the laundry room. 

Thankfully he saw his uniform hanging on the door but it was slightly wrinkled. Another thing to make his morning even better. He rushed back into his room and checked the clock. 

 

Crap. 

He was running late now. 

He pulled his uniform on as quick as he could and ran out into the living room to get his backpack. It was no good trying to get breakfast he wouldn’t have enough time to eat it anyway. Jeongin wrote down a quick note to his hyungs then ran out of the dorm to wait on his manager. 

He went outside and waited for his manager. He kept pacing back and forth waiting and waiting. Then he checked his phone for the time only to see a notification. He clicked on it and saw ht his manager left him a message.

Jeongin, I’m not going to be able to drop you off at school tomorrow. I also told your hyungs and I have allowed them to drop you off today. I did tell them late last night if they didn’t get the message please notify them. -manager

Jeongin’s mouth dropped. What now? He was going to be so late for school now. He should’ve checked his messages when he woke up. He pondered going to ask one of his hyungs to drop him off but pushed it away. His hyungs already did so much for him. 

He looked down the road and started to walk to school. It was about 20 minutes away from the dorm. He started sprinting in the hope he could cut it down to 15 or 10 at the least. 

By the time he made it to the front of his school, he was already running 30 mins late. Don’t judge him there were a lot of crossings that he had to stop at and he helped an old lady cross the street. 

He tried to open the door but found that it was locked. Of course, he forgot. The school locks the front door of the school until the first period was over because kids would try to skip. If students came in this late they would need a letter from their parents or an adult with them. 

Jeongin had neither this was just great. He would have to wait for another 50 minutes before he could go inside the building. His day really couldn’t get any worse. At that moment it started raining really hard. Jeongin started running to try and find somewhere where he wouldn’t get wet. He thankfully found a small spot where he could sit and be safe from the rain.

He felt his phone vibrate and he heard a ping. He pulled it from his pocket and looked to see who texted him. It was his manager, again. 

Jeongin, one of the staff members is going to pick you up in two hours. There is going to be an early practice instead. There will be an interview and a few other things. Walk to the small convenience store nearby where you go sometimes and wait there. -manager

Well, that was the icing on the cake. He was going to have to sit here for a while before he could anything really. He decided to just look over his homework and some other things to pass the time. Eventually, he heard a bell ring from inside the building and he ran over to the office to check in. 

Jeongin was hesitant while walking inside because some of the office ladies didn’t like him. He stepped inside to see them sitting behind the desk typing away on their computers. Jeongin paused for a second before walking up and asking “ May I sign in. I came late and I don’t a note.” The lady didn’t even spare him a glance before saying in a curt voice  “ Go ahead.” His heart jumped and he went over to the sign in sheet. It made him happy to not have them glare at him but as he was walking away he heard them say “ those idols always thinking that they can do whatever they want.  They won’t get anywhere in the future. “ 

Even though he knew her word shouldn’t have meant much because she was an old grumpy lady he couldn’t help feel hurt at what she sand tears slightly prick in his eyes. He went to hisaid second call after going to his locker. It took him a while since there were notes in there, either from fangirls or the bullies in the school. He always ended up throwing them all away. Being an idol and having such a busy schedule didn’t allow him to make any friends.

It also made him an easy target for bullies. He expected this when he debuted, but it wasn’t like he had many friends, to begin within the first place. He continued to go to class and of course, he walks in during the middle of the lesson. Jeongin took his seat near the back of the class and took out his notebook to take notes. A piece of paper landed on his desk. He looked up to see the group of boys that bully him sniggering. 

He grabbed the note and opened it under the desk. He knew it wasn’t a good idea but if they wanted something then it was better then getting beat up behind the school for not reading it. 

The note said 

Hey, . Why’d you come in late today? Were you too busy making out with your gay members to get here on time? Disgusting nobody. You’ll never get anywhere. 

Their words really hurt and hed had enough, but there was nothing that he could do about it. He wasn’t strong or brave, at least at the moment. He just sat back in his chair with his head down and tears falling down his cheeks for the remainder of the lesson. 

Once the bell rang again he rushed out of the classroom hoping to avoid anyone. He went to where his locker was and opened it to check his phone. It was almost time that the staff member would be picking him up. He has already had a bad day for the most part so there was no point of him staying at the school for any longer. 

Jeongin quickly packed his things up before going out to the front of the building and seeing that it was still raining. He didn’t have an umbrella and he couldn’t borrow one form anyone because he didn’t have any friends. He couldn’t bother his manager either and he didn’t have the staff member’s number either. 

Jeongin stepped out and decided he would have to walk there. He started walking but it rained harder so he ran. When he finally made it to the convenience store Jeongin was soaking wet. He looked like a lost wet puppy. He waited 5 minutes for the staff members to come to pick him up, but no one showed up. He looked around at outside wondering if they were waiting for him. 

When he didn’t see a staff van his heart started to race. Did they forget about him? Was this supposed to be a prank? If it was it wasn’t very funny to him. He looked at his phone waiting for a message from his manager. Then he heard his phone ing for the third time that day. 

Jeongin, I’m so sorry but the staff member wasn’t able to get there due to traffic. I’m sorry to say this but you are going to have to fun to building please be careful. - manager

“ Are you kidding me,” he said out loud. He noticed the employee give him a weird look before looking back at the newspaper he was holding. Jeongin looked outside it didn’t look any better from when he managed to get into the convenience store. 
He went over to the restroom to pull his hoodie over him and took off his jacket in hopes he wouldn’t get it too wet. Jeongin walked out with a brave look on his face, ready to go and face the rain outside. He quickly walked out of the store and looked around to make sure no one was around to see him. 

He knew it wouldn’t take too long to get to the JYP building it was about a 7-minute walk so it shouldn’t take long to get there while running right? He started to sprint towards the direction of the building. He a good distance away from the convenience store but then he tripped on the sidewalk and fell down hard. 

Jeongin quickly got back up his knees hurt so much. He looked down to see that his pants had torn and his knees were bleeding. He reached down to look at his knees but then he remembered that he had to get to the building and that it was raining. He started running yet again and it didn’t take him long before he was in front of the building catching his breath. 

He walked inside dripping water on the floor the whole way to the practice room. He reached the door to the practice room and sighed. Jeongin really didn’t feel like practicing he was wet, cold, and tired. He opened the door to see the worried faces of his hyungs look at him. At that moment all of the events of that day came down. Every second of his horrible day flowing through his head.  

Jisung ran toward him and put his hands on Jeongin’s face. 

“ Jeonginnie! You’re so cold and wet what happened?” 

Jeongin just gave him sad eyes and he moved to the corner of the practice room and set his backpack down. 

Chan came up to Jeongin and took his hands while looking him in the eyes. “ Jeongin, are you ok?” the older asked. Jeongin looked down at his knees and he heard gasps come from some of his hyungs. 


Minho’s heart broke at the sight of his younger brother coming in the practice room all wet and with a sad face. His heart broke, even more, when he saw the maknae’s knees. He quietly walked over to his backpack and grabbed the towel he kept in there. He looked over to Jeongin just to see the younger finally look up holding hands with Chan but he was crying. 

That was it Minho rushed over to Jeongin and wrapped the towel around him and pulled him into his arms. 

Minho bent down and whispered into Jeongin’s ear “ it’s ok to cry, baby. Let it out I know that you had a bad day. “ 

He looked up and signaled to Felix to go get the first aid kit so they could clean up the maknae’s knees. He proceeded to guide Jeongin to sit on the ground, he did the same and sat against the mirror with Jeongin in his lap.  

Minho looked to Chan and the leader finally unfroze from where he was and moved over the two. 

Chan looked back at the other members and motioned to Seungmin. 

“ Seungmin can you get a spare change of clothes for Jeongin?”

Seungmin nodded his head and went off to his backpack to find the most comfortable clothes he could find. 

The remaining members stood awkwardly, looking at the three on the floor wondering what they should do. 

Hyunjin made the first move over to the trio. “ Jeonginnie?” he pleaded. 

Jeongin looked up once again and then looked around the room at his hyungs. 
“Hyungs I’m sorry,” he whispered.  

“ Jeongin, you can tell us what happened. We are always here for you when you are having a hard time. Tell hyung what happened,” Woojin said kneeling down next to Minho. 

Just then Felix and Seungmin came back with the supplies that Minho and Chan had requested. 

Felix bent down and started to take the medical supplies out of the kit and he started to clean up Jeongin’s knees. Once he finished Seungmin took him to the restroom and helped Jeongin change into some dry clothes then took him back to the practice room where the hyungs had made a semi-circle. 

Minho held his arms open and Jeongin didn’t hesitate to go and find comfort in the hug. 

Chan looked at Jeongin with a smile on his face seeing that the maknae was feeling better.           “Jeonginnie you ready to tell us what happened today?” he asked. He saw Jeongin give a small nod and then he proceeded to take a breath.  

Jeongin took a deep breath before starting to explain why he was crying. 

“ I was late to school this morning and manager-nim couldn’t drive me there and I didn’t want to bother any of you so I walked to school and it was pouring and since l was late I had to wait outside until I could go inside. . Then when I got there the office lady was mean and some boys in class passed me a mean note that said that I was nasty. Then manager-nim said that he couldn’t pick me up o a staff member would but I would have to wait at the convenience store but no one came so I had to run here and I fell down. “ Jeongin explained slowly. 

Then his stomach rumbled and Changin raised an eyebrow. Jeongin blushed and quietly said, “I forgot to eat breakfast.”

Chan smiled and nodded then proceeded to get off the floor and walked towards the door. “ I’m going to ask manager-nim something,” he said before disappearing behind the door.

The 2000 line looked at Minho with puppy eyes and he knew what they wanted. Minho whispered in Jeongin's ear before taking him off his lap and handing him to Hyungjin. The 2000 line smothered with kisses and hugs. Mino left the room to go see what Chan was doing while Changin left to go find food for Jeongin, and Woojin stayed to make sure the 2000 liners didn’t suffocate the maknae. 

It wasn’t long before Chan and Minho came back from wherever they went. The saw Jeongin in Jisung’s lap with Felix feeding him food with Seungmin and Hyungjin his hair. Minho could just see the maknae preening at the attention he was receiving. 

Chan walked in front and sat by Woojin and Changbin who couldn’t stop smiling at the sight of the maknaes. 

Chan got comfortable before saying “ Manager hyung said that we could take the rest of the day off.” 

Everyone cheered at the words of the leader’s words. “ I’m going to get the bags together,” Woojin said while standing up. “I’ll put the equipment up,” Changbin said while smiling and scooting away. Everything was put up and Jeongin ended up falling asleep in Hyunjin’s arms. 

Not wanting to wake him up all of the members quietly helped Hyunnjin stand up with the maknae still in his arms and tiptoed out of the practice room to the van that was waiting outside. 

The drive home was quiet and peaceful which was surprising considering how loud the group usually was. They arrived at the dorm and Jeongin was still asleep surprisingly. Changin picked Jeongin up this time and carried him into the dorm then proceeded to put Jeongin on his bed. 

The other members got ready to go to bed themselves. There was one issue though, Felix, Hyunjin, Changbin, and Jisung wanted to sleep with Jeongin in his room and their minds couldn't be changed. Eventually, Chan gave in to their whining and dragged two other mattresses in the bedroom so they could all sleep in Jeongin’s room. 

Jisung settled down on the bed and looked at his other members with contentment. Everyone was home and not in the pouring rain. It would thunder occasionally but he was okay with that. If he was in his room all alone he would but being with all of s made him feel safe. Jisung slowly found himself falling asleep and he gave in letting himself fall asleep with his other members near him. 

The first Thing Changbin woke up to was harsh coughing. It sounded like someone’s throat was going to be ripped out. He sat up on the bed and looked around to see where the horrible coughing was coming from. He looked up to the bed that Jeongin was sleeping in and saw the boy shaking like a leaf. Well, that answers his question. 

Changbin carefully got off the bed and walked toward the younger. He put his hand on Jeongin’s forehead to see if he had a fever and he did. He looked at the members sleeping on the floor wondering if he should wake them up. Just then jeongin had another coughing fit and Woojin shot up looking at Changbin. 

Changbin motioned for Woojin to come over. Woojin, like Changbin, put his hand on the maknae’s face to feel the heat radiating off of it. Jeongin whined and his eyes opened when Woojin removed his hand. Woojin leaned down and whispered into Jeongin’s ear “ Baby do you think that you can stand up. I know you’re not feeling well and you don’t like taking medicine but it will help. If you take it now you won’t suffer as much later. “ 

Jeongin’s eyes were glazed over from the fever he had and he looked like he was in pain from coughing so much. He glanced up at Woojin and Changbin before nodding. Changbin helped Jeongin out of bed and to the bathroom where they kept the medicine. He sat Jeongin down on the toilet and Woojin left to go get water for the poor boy. 

Jeongin watched Changbin as he rummaged through the cabinets for something that would help Jeongin feel better. He found the medicine he was looking for and Woojin came back into the bathroom with a glass of water. Changbin handed Jeongin the medicine and he saw the hesitation on the boy's face before he took it. 

“ This should help you feel better. I know being sick isn’t very nice but we’ll take care of you,” Changbin said with a smile on his face. Jeongin just nodded and drank more water for his throat. 

Woojin and Changbin spent a little more time tending to the maknae before leading him back into the room where everyone else was. Jeongin lied down on the bed and he felt tired but he wasn’t sure if he could sleep since they would probably have a schedule tomorrow. 

Woojin sensed his tenseness and told him “ Jeonginnie don’t worry we won’t have any schedules tomorrow. Chan had a feeling that you would get sick after being out in the rain for that long.” 

Changbin and Woojin were about to go back to their spots on the mattresses before they heard Jeongin call out. 

“ Hyungs can you stay with me?”

The two smiled at the maknae before going back to the bed where he was. Changbin slipped behind Jeongin hugging him from the behind. Woojin got into the bed letting Jeongin hold onto him as he slept. 

Jeongin felt exhausted after the day's activities. He was physically and mentally exhausted and being sick now didn’t help. He knew it was going to with the coughing but it wouldn’t matter. As long as his hyungs were there to help him feel better. They would always be there for him. , when he was sick, tired, and on his bad days. He loved them and they loved. 

Maybe the mean words and actions didn’t matter. The only thing that matter to him was his hyungs. 

Before closing his eyes and falling asleep he whispered into the dark. 

 

“ I love you hyungs.” 

 

 

 

Okay, I'm back. I've been hiding inside a dark cave working on this. I took me FOREVER to write this but I think that it's ok. I tried to work on the other fic but nothing would really come to me so I had a bad day and I was like OOOh I should write about that. The only reason it was easier after that one day was because I had many more bad days. Yep, so I guess I'm going to try and balance both fics, Hope you enjoyed it. If there are any spelling errors or something of the sort I apologize. Have a good day or night.