Don't Leave the Maknae Line Home Alone

Maknaes at Hand

It wasn’t a secret to the hyung line of BTS that the maknae line liked to be independent. However, that wouldn’t stop them from babying the younger members. It was quite a sad sight to see the maknae line when the older members were busy. The liked the feeling of being independent but it just didn’t work out sometimes. 

This time around the hyung line was busy again so all of the younger members were left to do things on their own. The hyungs were at a venue that the youngers couldn’t go to. They all were going to be shooting shows that whole week. This meant that with the majority of the members gone they had a free week. That morning before the hyung line left you would be able to see a sulking Kookie, Taetae, and Mochi. 

“ Hyung,” Jungkook complained. “ Do you have to leave?

Jin rolled his eyes for the hundredth time that morning. He was about to answer but Namjoon beat him to it. 

“ Yes, for the sixth time we need to do this. It’s part of our schedule.” 

Yoongi walked out of his room and looked at the trio sitting at the kitchen counter pouting. “ I thought you guys liked being independent,” he said. Taehyung looked at him before replying “ Well yes but not all the time.” Hoseok smirked before going over to them and squishing them. “Oh, my little babies are going to miss me. Hoesokie will be sure to call every day,” he screamed. 

The maknae line just had the most done looks on their faces. Namjoon checked the time on his phone and his eyes widened. “ We need to leave now or we’ll be late,” he said. The others picked up their bags and went out the doors. Before Jin left he looked at the three and said “ Be careful and don’t forget to eat and clean. Also, please for the sake of our safety and yours don’t burn the dorm down.”

“ Bye hyungs,” the trio called out before the door shut. Everything was silent then Jimin started sniffling. “ I miss them already,” he whined. Jungkook walked over and hugged him.  Taehyung just looked at the two before heading in the kitchen to warm up the breakfast Jin had cooked for them.  Once he finished he went into the living room to get the other two. Taehyung smiled when he saw that the two were cuddled together watching something on Jimin’s phone. 

“Hey, I warmed up the breakfast Jin hyung made.” 

The two looked up before rushing past Taehyung into the kitchen. He turned around he walked over to the table looking at the two eating the food. “ Leave some for me,” he complained. 

A while later the maknae trio was curled up on the couch watching a drama together. They all got lost in the plot forgetting that their older hyungs left, and found comfort in each other’s company.

One by one they fell asleep. Jungkook was the last to fall asleep because of course he made it into a competition, and he wasn’t going to lose. After Taehyung finally fell asleep he did a small celebration the best he could without waking up the other two. Jungkook closed his eyes and smiled before it took him two seconds to fall asleep. 

It was like 6 hours before the three woke up again. Jimin was the first to join the living world again. He looked around and saw that it was dark outside. Dang, they must have slept for a long time. He checked his phone and saw that the current time is 7:30. That was a whole day wasted he thought. He glanced over and saw that Taeyung had glued himself to Jungkook. The poor boy probably wouldn’t escape for a long time. 


He decided to wake Jungkook up. Of course, the boy was able to sleep through almost anything but Jimin wasn’t sure that he would be able to handle Taehyung’s cuddles right now with how attached he was. 


He gently shook Jungkook awake and it literally took 10 minutes to actually get him to wake up. When he woke up he finally felt that he was being crushed by something. Jungkook looked down and saw Taehyung wrapped around him. Whoops. 

“ Hyung please help me,” he pleaded.

Jimin laughed evilly and took a picture before helping Jungkook get out of Tae’s hold.

Both just stared at Taeyung before deciding to decide who would wake him up, and of course, they played rock paper scissors to see who would. Whoever was the one to wake him up would be the one to be pulled back down on the couch to have their airflow cut off. 

Of course, Jimin lost mainly because he was scared of Jungkook the muscle pig, but he would get revenge later by sending the picture to the hyungs. 

Jimin carefully leaned over Taehyung with a pillow in hand just in case. 

He nudged Taehyung and ruffled his hair and thankfully he didn’t snatch Jimin from where he was standing. Taehyung stirred and slowly opened his eyes and stretched like a cat. His face was slightly swollen from sleeping. It was a cute scene to Jimin and Jungkook. 

“ Guys,” Jimin said. “ We wasted the whole day and I wanted to go shopping and make a blanket fort.” 

Jimin pouted while his two dongseangs laughed at his childishness. 
“ Don’t worry Jiminie hyung we can do that tomorrow,” Jungkook said while chuckling. 


Jimin continued to pout but of course, the younger two knew he was playing. Taehyung walked into the kitchen and looked in the fridge to see what they could eat for dinner. There wasn’t much in there because Jin didn’t go shopping before he left. 

“ We’re going to have to go to a convenience store for dinner,” Tae said. 

Jungkook turned pale slightly and turned to look out of the window. 

“ Hyung are you sure we should go now?”

Taehyung looked at Jungkook in disbelief. This boy could handle horror movies but not a trip to the store? 

“ Jungkookie are you scared to walk late at night,” Jimin asked. 

Jungkook could only look down in embarrassment and nodded. Both Jimin and Taehyung cooed and hugged him. 

Then Taehyung backed away and made a silly face and said, “ don’t worry Kookie I will protect you!”

Jungkook felt better and he laughed then nodded to let the other two know he was okay. 

The trio started out the door and made their way towards the convenience store that’s nearby. 

“ Hyungs can we get lots of snacks,” Jungkook asked. 
 
Jimin and Taehyung looked at each other. Both of them knew it was a bad idea, Jungkook would be bouncing off the walls if they got him anything. 

“Please hyungs.”

Jungkook kept giving them his best ‘please let me get the snacks' look and Taehyung gave in. 

“Jiminie hyung just a few things wouldn’t hurt,” Taehyung said. 

Jimin looked at the two of them and eventually gave in as well. 

“ Okay just don’t spoil your dinner,” he said.

When they arrived Taehyung and Jungkook went off to look for snacks and Jimin set off to find things that they could eat until the hyungs got back. 


Once Taehyung and Jungkook were back from finding snacks Jimin sighed. They were going to be bouncing off the walls. Usually, Jin hyung makes sure they stay under control and Jimin can join in on the fun but that wouldn’t be the case this time. He needed to be the responsible hyung this time and if something went wrong (well). 

He would cuddle up to his teddies and call Jin hyung then fall asleep. Unfortunately, he couldn’t do that this time. He started to make dinner when he noticed that the dorm was quiet, too quiet. 

He called for the two maknaes and when he didn’t get an answer he started to get worried.            

“ Kookie Tae this isn’t a funny prank. Don’t be mean to me I am your hyung.” 

Jimin started to walk down the hall to their room( the maknaes share a room). Neither of them was in there. Jimin picked up his phone and was about to call Jin when the two maknaes came from behind him and pounced on him. 

“Ahh why do you two have to do that,” Jimin whined. 

Taehyung and Jungkook kept cackling and rolling on the floor.” We got you hyung,” Jungkook laughed. 

Jimin gave the two a disapproving look before heading back to the kitchen to finish dinner. He turned back to the stove and he felt better after knowing that nothing bad happened to them but he stayed on edge. 

Jimin was finishing up dinner when he heard giggles and footsteps in the living room. 

“Weeeeeeeeeeee,” he heard one of them yell. Then there was a crash and everything got quiet for a second before there was laughter and more screaming. 

Jimin wasn’t sure how much more of this he could take so he started to walk towards the living room. 

Taehyung was having the time of his life. He was running away from Jungkook who had a mask on his face and both were screaming like little children. Both eventually plopped onto the couch and stared at Jimin. 

“ Um dinner is ready,” Jimin said not taking his eyes off the two. 

Taehyung and Jungkook looked at each other before running into the kitchen leaving a surprised Jimin behind. When he finally got to the kitchen both were playing with their food and making a mess. Jimin sighed and just sat down in his seat and began to eat. 

So this must be what Jin hyung and the others feel like when he acts crazy. 

Once they were finished Jungkook who had calmed down from the sugar rush said that he’d do the dishes. Jimin was thankful for that because Taehyung was asleep again and wouldn’t let go of him. Yes, Taehyung fell asleep at the table and it wasn’t the first time. 

“ Thankyou Jungkookmake sure they are clean to Jin hyung standards,” Jimin said disappearing from the kitchen. 

Jungkook started to clean the dishes and made sure to double check that he did them right or when Jin got back he would have a fit. That happened one time and it wasn’t pretty. This was only the first day that the hyungs were gone and it was already chaotic. 

They also didn’t have a schedule so they were going to be bored for most of the time. They would probably just have to find something to do or they could practice at the company. 

Before he knew it he was finished with the dishes and Jimin came back into the kitchen. 

“ Good job Kookie. Tae is on the bed so you can wash up and go cuddle him. I’ll be there in a few minutes,” Jimin whispered. 

Jungkook nodded and made his way to the bathroom where he quickly washed his face and went through his skincare routine. He walked into their shared room and saw Taehyung sleeping in his bed. 

Jungkook walked to the closet and pulled out what comfortable sleeping clothes he saw. He was about to go to his bed when Taehyung called out “Kookie sleep with me.”

  He couldn't say no to a whiny and sleepy Taehyung so he got into the bed with him. He wrapped his arms around Taehyung and slowly started to fall asleep. 

Jungkook woke up the next morning to Taehyung squeezing him yet again and Jimin sleeping in front of him. He wasn’t very pleased being encased by his hyungs but he was the baby of the group so we wasn’t that mad. 

“ Hey hyungs wake up, wake up, wake up, we have things to do shows to watch forts to build come one.”

Jimin stirred and  said, “ Kookie it’s too early for this go back to sleep.”

Jungkook huffed before getting a great idea. He managed to get his arm out of Taehyung’s grip and he reached for his phone. Jungkook’s brilliant plan was to call Jin and get him to get his two hyung off him. 

He quickly pressed Jin’s number and waited at the phone rang. 

“Kookie,” he heard Jin’s voice say through the phone. 

“Jinnie hyung Jimin and Taehyung won’t get up and they made me into a Kookie sandwich. I don’t want to be a Kookie sandwich,” he said. 

Jin cooed through the phone “ Don’t worry Jungkookie I'm sure you look cute but we can’t have Jimin and Taehyung sleeping in. Put me on speaker.”

Jungkook did as he was told and looked at Jimin. He looked terrified and Jungkook grinned evilly. 

“ Kim Taehyung and Park Jimin get you butts up you have chores to do, “Jin screeched through the phone. 

Both of them groaned and this gave Jin another reason to yell through the phone“ Hey! Listen to you hyung you brats get up!”

“ They’re up hyungie,” Jungkook said sweetly. 

“Thank you Jungkookie now chores. Jimin do the laundry, Taehyung clean the living room  I know you guys made a mess, and Jungkookie clean the kitchen.” 

“ Love you hyung bye,” Jungkook yelled as he hung up. 

Jimin and Taehyung were glaring at him but he just laughed at them. 

“ Come on hyungs release me from the Kookie sandwich,” he sing-songed.

Jimin and Taehyung shared a look before releasing a tickle attack on Jungkook. “ Aw, our Jungkookie is so adorable. Don’t you think so Tae,” Jimin said. Taehyung smiled and continued so tackle Jungkook while saying “ I agree Jimin I think he shouldn’t be able to come out of the Kookie sandwich.”

Eventually, they all fell off of the bed. After a minute they stopped tickling Jungkook and decided to go and do the chores so they could do the activities they planned to do.

“Kookie how about you make breakfast before we start cleaning,” Jimin asked.

Jungkook nodded before exiting the room and walking into the kitchen. He walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge to see what was in there. He saw some other breakfast leftovers that Jin had made. They should still be good Jin was kind enough to make them leftovers for each day. 

He grabbed the plate before turning the stove on to make some eggs. Yes, Jungkook could make eggs he’s not that helpless in the kitchen. He started humming a song to himself that he would probably make a cover of. He made a quick job of making the eggs before turning back around to get the leftovers to warm up. He remembered that he couldn't cook these on the stove and his eyes widened. 

Jungkook turned around to the other side of the kitchen and saw the big monster turned towards him. He let out a small squeak before ducking behind the counter. He waited for a little before peeing around the corner. The beast was staring back at him with its one beady eye and square face. 

That was the last straw he got up and ran into his room where Taehyung and Jimin were. 

“Hyungs cc can one of you help me in the kitchen the monster is back,” he said quietly. 

Jimin looked at him before he said: “Jungkook the microwave isn’t going to attack you and it’s always been there.” 

Taehyung was quietly laughing knowing that the youngest had the strangest fear. Jungkook was just full of surprises. 

“ That’s different hyung every time Jin would be in the protect me,” Jungkook whined. 

“No Jungkookie,” Jimin said.

Then tears started to appear in the youngest eyes. Jimin and Taehyung started panicking. It was that bad or it appeared to be that way. 

“ Ok Jungkookie how about I come with you and make sure nothing bad happens,” Taehyung said. 

Jungkook nodded and clung to Taehyung all the way to the kitchen. Jungkook squeaked at the sight of the microwave and ducked behind the counter taking Taehyung down with him. 

“ Really Kookie,” Taehyung hissed. 

Jungkook just gave him a sad look, and Taehyung gave into the youngest cuteness.  

“ Ok fine I’ll go first,” he said. 

Taehyung rolled on the floor holding up a fake finger gun. Jungkook followed close behind and grabbed the food that needed to be microwaved.

Taehyung stood up and said “quick Kookie” before “shooting” the microwave. Jungkook ran and shoved the plate in the microwave and punched in the numbers. Then he backed away letting Taehyung press start. 

Taehyung and Jungkook high fived knowing that they successfully completed their mission. Behind them, they heard laughing and they turned to see Jimin who had his phone out. 

He just smiled shyly before saying “ I’m sorry I couldn’t resist the temptation.” 

Jungkook and Tahyung didn’t look pleased the suddenly their phones pinged and they checked to see that Jimin had uploaded their whole thing to the group chat. They saw their hyung leaving cute messages.  Jimin also posted the picture of him being suffocated by Taehyung. 

Jungkook wasn’t too mad at Jimin besides it would make him look cute. Taehyung, on the other hand, was about to attack Jimin when the microwave went off signaling that they could eat. Jimin stepped forward and put the food on plates. He thought that that was the least he could do for his dongseangs. 

“ All right let’s eat quickly and clean then we can do what we want,” Jimin said. 

 

Hello people I hve finally emerged from my cave. 

I originally meant to write this whole thing in one go but it took so freaking long to write. 

Since it's summer I will have more time to write and any other strories I started writing but I haven't done anything to I will work on. 

I finally have more ideas for them and I got into more groups ( it's making me suffer greatly but that's ok) .

I will do my best to update more have a good day/night . 

Also part two of this may take a while to get here hehehehe (sorry). 

 

 

P.S. This takes place when they are a bit younger because I miss fetus BTS.