Yoga Class

Imagine Your OTP - Wheesa Edition

I ruffled through the cabinet for the fifth time, a whine making its way out of my mouth as I struggled to find something to eat. Maybe if I wished hard enough, something would appear. I squeezed my eyes shut as I thought of something to eat. Maybe Cheetos? No, no. Sushi! Yes, that was it! I hummed as I squeezed my eyes shut even harder.

"Do I want to know what you're doing?"

I opened an eye to see my friend Youngsun staring at me, her blonde hair tied up in a ponytail, her eyebrow lifted in a questioning manner.

"That depends."

I responded, a smile forming on my face.

"Nevermind, you're just plain weird."

I looked at her outfit and realized she was going somewhere. She wore an aqua blue workout jacket and black leggings with her brand new shoes. 

"Unnie! Where are you going?" 

Youngsun looked over at me before waving a hand.

"You wouldn't care, you don't like exercise."

I frowned. That wasn't true. My exercise was something I liked to do, well, if you count getting up to eat. Suddenly, I got a bright idea.

"How about this. I come with you and we go out to eat something yummy!"

Youngsun just frowned.

"No way. Then only you benefit! You have to come to yoga with me and THEN I'll buy you something to eat."

I faked a gasp of horror. Youngsun had tricked me. I contemplated my decisions. Should I work out and eat something good afterward, or should I stay home? I let out a shaky sigh before gulping.

"I-I'll come with you to exercise." I stuttered.

"Great! I finally have someone to join me!"

____________________________

Youngsun pulled into a small parking lot across from a building that read Yellow Flower.

"What type of name is that?" I muttered as I eyed the sign.

"It means that you are a free spirit! You become beautiful and graceful like a flower!" Youngsun said cheerily as she offered me the extra roll-up mat she had brought.

I let out a tch as I took the mat from her. We got out of the car and made our way over to the entrance, the bell opening with a jingle of bells as we walked through. The studio was nicely decorated to have a clutterless feel and lots of people were spread out, some chatting while others stretched.

"Youngsun-ah!"

We both turned to see a girl with orange hair tied up in a ponytail making her way over. 

"Byul! How have you been?" Youngsun chirped as she embraced the girl.

I just stood there not really sure what to do. Socializing wasn't really my thing. I tried to inch away when I felt Youngsun grab my wrist.

"This is Wheein. She decided to join me today!"

I gave a small wave and was met with a hug.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Moonbyul, but you can call me Byul!"

"Okay, thanks." I whispered. This girl was seriously strong.

Byul seemed to notice she was crushing me because she let me go with a smile before returning to her conversation with Youngsun. I shrugged. I just had to make it through this class. Remember, this was for food! I settled on a spot near the back next to a painting of a field of purple flowers. I sat on my mat and waited. About five minutes later, the girls got up and hushed whispers echoed through the room.

"What's going on?" I whispered to the brown haired girl next to me.

"The instructors coming in. This is what usually happens though."

I raised an eyebrow in confusion. What was so great about a yoga instructor? I turned my attention to the front and that's when I realized why the instructor was a big deal. Long black hair was up in a bun and a few stray strands covered the sides the instructors face. She wore a yellow sports bra and black leggings, her tanned skin exposed for all to see. I'm pretty sure I was drooling. Maybe it was the fact that I hadn't seen a pretty woman in a long time, but this woman was definitely worth the trip here. 

"Good morning class!"

I internally screamed at the sound of her husky voice making its way to my ears. I mumbled a half-hearted good morning. 

"Before we start off today, I heard that someone new has joined us."

I froze. No way. I turned to look at Youngsun who was giving me a cheeky smile. I turned back to see The instructor staring right at me. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of brown, her makeup only pulling me in even more. However, I started to panic when she started to make her way over to me. I stared at the ground until her shoes came into view.

"My name is Ahn Hyejin. I'm the yoga instructor and I'm very glad to have you in my class."

I looked up to see Hyejin's hand stretched towards me, her nails a bright yellow to match her top. I shakily extended my own hand to shake hers even though I was sure my hand was a sweaty mess. After that, Hyejin made her way back to the front of the room.

"Alright, let's start!"

_________

If I could name a type of exercise that was painful, yoga would be it for sure. My body screamed for me to stop as I attempted to copy what Hyejin was doing. I was embarrassed by the fact that I couldn't even stretch to touch my ankles. 

"Now lift your leg up and hold it in the air. We want a straight line."

I let out a small squeak as I struggled to lift my leg up. I finally held it there but soon my leg was sending a mayday signal to my brain that it was going down. Suddenly, I felt a warm hand on my calve and I freaked out.

"Hold it steady Pup."

I looked behind me, well as much as I could with my face squished to the ground, to see Hyejin holding my leg. I tried to say thank you but it came out as an unattractive gurgle. Hyejin smiled, her teeth whiter than any I had seen. We then moved onto the next stretch and Hyejin ended up staying by me almost the whole time.

------------------

"So, how was it?"

I looked up to see Youngsun looking down at me. I had been rolling up my, well her mat, when she had come over. 

"Honestly, it was okay."

Youngsun bent down, a smile on her lips.

"Are you sure? I'm pretty sure that everyone could see how much you were watching Ms. Ahn today."

I felt my face flush as I shook my head.

"No way! I-I was just looking at her because she was teaching!" I protested.

Youngsun ruffled my short hair with a "sure" and walked away.

I then started to panic. Was I really that obvious? I started mumbling to myself when I heard someone say something.

"Yes?" I asked as I quickly stood up. 

I noticed Hyejin standing in front of me. She was, even more, intimidating up close.

"I asked if you had a good time."

Her voice sent chills down my spine as I nodded several times. Hyejin let out a chuckle before reaching over to fix my messed up hair, thanks, Younsgun. My heart sped up as I watched her, words unable to form. 

"Um, I'll probably come back for you." I started. 

Hyejin's eyes widened in surprise and I realized what I had said.

"No wait! I meant another lesson!"

Hyejin just smiled. 

"Well, I was kind of hoping you meant the first one."

Now it was my turn to be surprised. Did I really just hear her right?

"Really?!"

Hyejin nodded.

"You are very cute. I'm glad Youngsun finally brought you. She had been debating a way to do so for a while."

I just stared in shock. Had Youngsun planned this?

"You aren't mad, right?"

I shook my head.

"No, I'm glad I got to meet you."

I could've sworn I saw Hyejin blush but as quickly as it was there, it was gone. 

"Wheein! We have to go if you still want to eat!" Youngsun called out.

I perked up at the mention of food. Then I remembered Hyejin. I turned to her and hoped I would sound confident.

"Well, Ms. Ahn, would you like to come eat lunch with me?" 

Hyejin raised an eyebrow at my sudden attempt to ask her kind of out but she just nodded.

"Great!" 

Youngsun, Byul, and I waited for her to change and then the four of us went to go eat.